Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My rent is pretty cheap for NJ and I have to cut things out of my life to live on 2k a month. My rent and utilities alone would leave me with about 500$.

Reopening the country too soon is gonna prolong this. Trump is lying when he says that ventilators are fully stocked and hospitals aren't turning people away.  My sister works in hospital near the epicenter and has been telling me horror stories every time we talk. . 

The people who are rushing you guys to get back to work are the people who aren't going to have to deal with the reprectuions. They aren't going to have to go to work and wonder if they will chat this virus or anything like that. Remember Trump wanted to lift everything a week ago and NJ is just starting to (hopefully) peak. He is literally showing his cards that he doesn't give a *Censored* if you die or not, just wants the economy to look good around reelection time.  Everything he is trying to do follows the stepping over a dollar to save a dime thought process. 

Honestly, it's better to give everyone different amount depending on where they live/the cost of living for them. Two thousand may not be enough for some people while it may be more than enough for some.

Agreed, and it'll even make things even worse. I think any politicians who think we should reopen the country should be voted out due to their irresponsibility. Dunno if any leader in other countries think like this, but I'm sure some people do. Seems most republicans, politicians or otherwise, don't care if people die as long as they can make money, get hair dyed, or whatnot. It's ridiculous. 

https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/1251210508700487680

Who are these idiots going to blame if they catch the virus? Not sure why they're being so upset about staying at home when it's literally for their protection. 

So for the past month ive been staying with my parents, its only about 8ish min from my apartment but i didn't want to be alone right now. So my dad wanted to order out from a popular place Friday. We get there and theres about 20ish people hanging around the door, almost all have mask but they are still hudddled by the door. There is no line, when your order is ready you go to the door and they pick it up. Then this older lady walks up with no mask or anything and stands in the middle of the crowd.  As we are waiting (We had to wait a hour and a half due to lack of direction) three more people without masks walk up. Its crazy people still don't understand the situation going on. 

43 minutes ago, M3J said:

Is any other country seeing a group of idiots (ours is mostly right wingers/Trump supporters) protesting the stay-at-home order? 

Nah. Our idiots here in England are convinced 5G is causing COVID and burning 5G towers and abusing maintenance staff to shut it down. 

Completely missed the report where 5 Nigerians in China tested positive for covid, so the Gov demanded all blacks go into 14 day quarantine, banning them from shopping and sheeit, placing monitors on their doors that alert authorities if they leave. I quickly forget how authoritarian China is

So the misses had to go to the bank today and supposedly there were a bunch of idiots protesting in front of the capital building blocking the road and honking horns for over an hour forcing the state to do something about closing down colleges.

Now I'm having a hard time confirming if the Stay-at-home order that was extended until May 15th was moved forward to May 7th because of conflicting information

So I've been put on the door at work since our security guard has had to self isolate. Someone tried punching me today because I said only 1 person per household. 

Stay the *Censored* home people. 

32 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

I really need to go foodshopping, all i have in my fridge is a pack of bacon.

I have to go out today.  In my state, we are only allowed to drive if we are going for food or medical care.  Seeing more and more cars out on the road every week.  People are getting tired of being in their homes.

I think its like that in NJ but people are everywhere, my parents went to Lowes, my dad is still working but says he does his best to keep distance stays in his truck while its loaded, takes a pic of the loaded truck instead of getting paper work signed. 

2 minutes ago, M3J said:

I would imagine it is.  The problem is that people would freak out over here because a lot of people would die fairly quickly and the outrage would be catastrophic before the actual result would be shown that herd immunity strategy is effective.  I was for Sweden's strategy from the start and not for shutting down everything in sight.

I think we tried using their strategy until people proved they would not stay home or distance themselves unless forced. Hell, even despite the stay-home order, there are people protesting it and getting close to each other, when they could stay home and have the order end earlier. 

1 hour ago, M3J said:

I think we tried using their strategy until people proved they would not stay home or distance themselves unless forced. Hell, even despite the stay-home order, there are people protesting it and getting close to each other, when they could stay home and have the order end earlier. 

Then the argument could be made that the stay at home order isn't really doing anything, no?

Archived