Coronavirus 2020 coverage thread

Ziggy Vercetti

Kylie Jenner is also donating $1 million, while Rihanna donated to US, Haiti, and Barbados, if I got the countries right. Google is also donating about $800 million? 

And last I heard, the amount of cases shot past 100K in USA, which is scary as *Censored*. I think we passed China for the most cases, and it's likely going to get worse. This is scary. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a stupid president and politicians (mostly republicans) who kept saying it was a hoax, likely so they could sell their stocks. And now, Trump isn't cooperating with governors of states that have criticized him. wtf 

So the numbers are rising, but the tests take so long its hard to judge. The mayor of my town got a positive test today but took the test seven days ago so he went through all the symptoms and is on the mend.

Cuomo said that the positive tests are rising but the amount admitted into hospitals are starting to lower a bit. 

Almost got my fiance in trouble. Some guy stormed off the job, I thought because,the guy transferred from New York had tested positive but was still,allowed to come in. I told her, she told,her super, which they're super uptight abiut that sheeit because it's a nursing,home. Coming into any contact with a suspected,carrier is an automatic "stay the *Censored* away".

Ended up calling HR not HR to inquire and they wanted to ensure me he was from upstate, not the city, and not tested positive, and was simply taking precautions rocking the mask and gloves. After hearing about the Amazon strikes, it makes me wonder though. I wouldn't put it past them knowingly having an infected on property if it keeps the operation going

This is the kind of damage that Trump and few other republicans' BS can do, claiming it's a hoax and doing everything the opposite of what they should be doing, like focusing more on the economy than lives. Trump was also recently in the news for selling masks to China and another country, but I'm hoping that's not true, because wetf. 

Trump also seems to think that social distancing does not apply to him. It amazes me that each day when he gives the daily briefing he is flanked by several people, all stood closely together, not to mention the number of journalists that are still there, who again, are all sat close to one another. Compare that to the daily briefings here in the UK, where  the government and health officials stand at podiums that are around six feet apart, and all of the questions from journalists come via video link.

That situation with the derailed train in California is another direct result of this ridiculous "fake news" political agenda we live in now.

Guy had a conspiracy theory about the ship being a lie, or some stupid shit. Wanted to crash the train through it. 

Again...I have to stress how much I hate conspiracy theorists. 

I'm worried that if we start having bad weather and the power goes out, the virus situation is really gonna hold up repairs. Kinda all that I'm worried about right now. We've had high winds all day, and generally have high winds a lot during spring around here. If we start getting bad tropical storms and shit, things could really go from bad to worse. 

6 minutes ago, M3J said:

I forgot if this was in the Amazon, but somehow, an indigenous person tested positive for coronavirus. Theory is that a white person went there for some reason. 

Sounds like bullshit, tbh. 

We don't even have enough tests for major cities. Who's out here testing indigenous peoples?

On 3/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Cause we still got folks not taking this serious. People here was down on riverside yesterday or the day before “living it up“ 

I don't claim them

I'm SO sick and tired of all These "Panik Buyers", buying everything empty day in, day out.

Whenver I'm going to buy something at the afternoon after work at the days that I'm at the Office, most things are empty.

Even the goverment told us to not do buy everything empty and that the super markets can still Refill everything cause the supply chain is ok.

Yet they keep doing it over and over again.

One Supermarket chain got SO frustrated that they placed a big sign at the front door that says "to all the Panic buyers: Please buy condoms so you can be prevented from putting more idiots on this planet! Thank you!". ?

Another Thing that annoys me is that many selfish people that underestimate the situation are just not listening, nor do they care about the precautions and Lockdown so last Saturday when the sun shone and the temperature was higher, tons of People took it as an invitation to make groups and go out together. By Groups I mean around 8 People or more hanging out together here and there not caring.

Same Thing at Sunday and then almost the whole week.

Due to them our Lockdown was Extended up to April 19. Since many People don't care About it I see us going even further then that. :(

What they mostly don't get it that the whole Lockdown and keeping a certain distance to each other has nothing to do with themselves if they are Young, healthy People that might catch it and only have a few days sniff or flu Symptoms before they become immune and healthy again.

It's about becoming a carrier of the Virus spreading it to People with Asthma, Diabetes, weak immune Systems, very old People and similar that if infected might or certainly die from it.  

9 hours ago, Saturi said:

What they mostly don't get it that the whole Lockdown and keeping a certain distance to each other has nothing to do with themselves if they are Young, healthy People that might catch it and only have a few days sniff or flu Symptoms before they become immune and healthy again.

Young and healthy people are dying from this just the same as people with compromised health. We really don't have any set of clear guidelines as to who this virus is going to end up killing.

It probably has to do with genes more than anything else. 

Archived