Dead Rising 4 (Series)

maskedmaniac

I'd be more hyped for this game if it wasn't an Xbox exclusive... back in the infancy of the Xbox 360, I was hopelessly addicted to the first two Dead Rising games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

It's gonna be like Rise of Tomb Raider, so it'll be on Steam in a few months and PS next year.

I'd be more hyped for this game if it wasn't an Xbox exclusive... back in the infancy of the Xbox 360, I was hopelessly addicted to the first two Dead Rising games.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dead-rising-4-is-a-timed-exclusive-for-xbox-one-an/1100-6440999/

It's gonna be like Rise of Tomb Raider, so it'll be on Steam in a few months and PS next year.

Happy days are here again! Thanks for the info.

Which is pretty shit, should stay an Xbox Exclusive, Xbox doesn't have many in the first place.

Anyway it seems that everyone is hating on this version due to a crap tonne of changes to the point that it's "not a Dead Rising game any more".

I always liked the Dead Rising series...but I also always kinda sucked at it. I'm not a big fan of crowded areas in real life, and I think it translates into games like these. It's not even so much that they're bloodthirsty zombies, as it is that there's just so many of them and I get overwhelmed. Also hate games with time limits. That may actually be my bigger problem, come to think of it. Played 1 and 2...never finished either. Did get 1000/1000 on the standalone Case Zero DLC...but that was the exception to the rule. Never played 3. Definitely interested in 4, but will probably wait for a price drop. Does look like a fun game to play around Christmas time though...

The time limit definitely sucks. I loved how they had sandbox mode in DR 2, which allowed you to build up your character without any worries, and then carry it over to the main story mode. DR 3 has a similar mode with Untold Stories but I hate how you can't change your clothes in that mode. Worrying about the clock definitely sucks, hope for part 4 there is not that whole "they're about to nuke the whole city" bullshit hovering over the main story.

• 3 weeks later...

Got it from my wife for Christmas. Loving it so far. Still feels exactly like dead rising. Biggest difference is no time limits on anything so you can complete everything and tbh I like that I have unlimited time now. That's the biggest change but in having a blast.

Archived