Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AssaultDriver720

King of Sports: New Japan Pro-Wrestling Discussion Thread

The pictures above make it look even worse. lol The finish looks like plastic. And I doubt I’ll ever like the shape. It has, idk, a cartoon vibe to it? It’s just very visually unappealing to my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

I never liked the classic belt and i don't like this one. Honestly the old belt had nothing wrong with it. They should have just given it a white strap or something.

I was hoping it would be the same title just with the word "World" added to it lol

I used to be of the "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" mindset. But...I'm actually becoming a fan of different eras having different looks. We are arguably entering a new era in NJPW with them actually forming partnerships in the US and doing talent exchanges, and having a guy like Ibushi as champion. So, I'm honestly fine with the title having a drastically new look for this new era. I'll always love those previous designs. But...I love plenty of old belts. And I love plenty of new ones as well.

The square af side plates are weird, other than that I don't really hate it. Massive down step from the other two titles though. Ibushi a whole villain for unifying them

9 minutes ago, Jeb ★ said:

Ibushi a whole villain for unifying them

This is the truth of the matter. Lol

I would go back to Suzuki and Naito treating the IC title like shit over it being unified. Hahaha.

Edited by Generations

Well i'm not a fan of the new world title but I must say, that NJPW Strong openweight title looks gorgeous to me.

15 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Reveal hidden contents

And now Ospreay is champ. 😐😐😐

But why?
Of all the things they could do, why?

The booking is weird. People wanted Ibushi as champ so bad his storyline for the belt was so good he wins the belt, gets a lame redo of the belt and loses it on his first defense to a actual piece of shit. Wouldn't be surprised if Shingo beat Ospreay.

The problem with Will for me is that he plays a character that revels in being a piece of shit which to me hits wrong because in real life he is a total piece of shit and we are now celebrating it? Whats next Scrull challenging for the belt?