Baseball Thread

Ernez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's more embarrassing for the guy is that every single bench player has contributed more than him. He goes down, and there's no panic because they have decent depth in the outfield (Hairston, and Baxter when he's healthy again.) No need for a platoon because Torres, Kirk, and Duda have all earned their roles. At this point, they have to see past the contract and just do what's best for both sides. Maybe send Bay for another player who's in hell, and maybe it'll work out.

I understand he works hard at adjusting his game and he's an above-average fielder, but that's still not enough to earn what he's getting paid to do.

It's official: R.A. Dickey is hands down the best pitcher in the major leagues right now. How do you follow up a 1 hit, 12 K performance Vs Tampa? Another 1 hitter with 13 K's against the Orioles! I'd be nervous as hell if I were the Yankees right about now. This guy has been unbelievable.

HAR-HAR-HAR.

To be fair, I like the Mets, and I hope they reach the Postseason. Having said that, I am pleased we won the series.

It's a lot harder to hate the Mets than to hate the Yankees. I mean, the Mets are still losers by New York standards.

Glad Tejada went 2 for 4 tonight, and grew the other half of his face back.

HAR-HAR-HAR.

To be fair, I like the Mets, and I hope they reach the Postseason. Having said that, I am pleased we won the series.

It's a lot harder to hate the Mets than to hate the Yankees. I mean, the Mets are still losers by New York standards.

I hope all New York teams(aside from the Giants) do well. I just love the city. However, my teams are the Yankees and the Jets, so I'll always want them to win.

Another win! And we beat Dickey! :D

CC out for two weeks, and Andy out for 6 weeks. Craaaaap! If this means more Freddy Garcia, I'll cry.

Garcia was solid in his last two outings. Its not a big deal to get 7 starts out of him. The bigger deal is who is now the #5 starter? Adam Warren looks light he might be making his way up to the major leagues. If he doesn't work they might look for a trade and some of the targets are Matt Garza or Zack Greinke.

Archived