John Cena says HHH and Vince wanted to fire him!

Scorpion™

http://cdn.wrestlezone.com/images/stories/2011/Library/john-cena-small2.jpg

John Cena sat down with Brian Soscia of The Soscia Network for a Q&A session with fans. You can see video of the interview byclicking here. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

Who is left if he defeats The Rock at WrestleMania XXVIII:"Honestly, this is what I like about April 1, you have a definitive number one being decided. I think at that point it is anybody's game to try to take somebody off the mountain. We're at a period in WWE, WrestleMania is truly the end of an era. Triple H vs. Undertaker, Shawn Michaels is a special referee, John Cena vs. The Rock. One of those names, one of those names is a full-time employee for this company and you're looking at him.

"So I think WrestleMania is a platform, as it always is, for new Superstars - Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, C.M. Punk, Cody Rhodes, Team Laurinaitis, Team Teddy Long. Anyone can step up. I'm going to be there on the top of the mountain with my fists up waiting for someone to challenge me. I think everybody is going to watch WrestleMania and enjoy it, but I think everyone behind the curtain, behind the wall that I'm not supposed to talk about, is going to be watching as hungry as they can be knowing that they want to face the winner of that match."

Advice to younger wrestlers: "Never give up. Back in 2003, 2002, when I was just wearing boots and tights and I was supposed to be the ruthless aggression young good guy, nobody in the company liked me. I know Vince McMahon won't admit this, but he wanted me fired, Triple H wanted me fired, everybody hated me. They just wouldn't give me a forum to showcase my talents. I've always been able to connect with the audience if given the ability to speak.

"I got that ability and I was off to the races. I was up against all odds. I wasn't born into thisbusiness. I'm not a third generation guy or a second generation guy. I'm just a dude who grew up a fan like all you guys and I wanted to do this my whole life. And I never gave up. That's the advice I give to all the young cats, all the guys who have been trying and trying, trying to make it, attempt after attempt. I've failed many times, but you never ever give up."

Source:http://www.wrestlezo...ted-to-fire-him

if thats really a match to prove who the best of all time really is, then if Cena wins, I will quit everything wwe-related.period. Cena has worked hard in the begining, I give him that, he worked very hard. He was entertaining on the mic during 2003-2005, I give him that too, and he was mediocre in ring in my opinion, not bad. But I can name 10 other superstars who worked harder, were there longer, and were more fun, better in the ring, and better overall who didn't get the chance of being the top guy. That being said, Cena is good. But he's nowhere near the level of The Rock. They can try and make it look like they're equals, but in the end of the day watch their matches, compare their promos.... After all the smoke has cleared and the millions have stopped chanting his name, the Great One comes out with his fist up high "rising above" Cena. Everyone knows deep down that the way they're presenting Cena is a lie just to have a top present star vs top past star match. Cena is good, but not all that good.

Triple H wanted me fired

Not hard to believe.

if thats really a match to prove who the best of all time really is, then if Cena wins, I will quit everything wwe-related.period. Cena has worked hard in the begining, I give him that, he worked very hard. He was entertaining on the mic during 2003-2005, I give him that too, and he was mediocre in ring in my opinion, not bad. But I can name 10 other superstars who worked harder, were there longer, and were more fun, better in the ring, and better overall who didn't get the chance of being the top guy. That being said, Cena is good. But he's nowhere near the level of The Rock. They can try and make it look like they're equals, but in the end of the day watch their matches, compare their promos.... After all the smoke has cleared and the millions have stopped chanting his name, the Great One comes out with his fist up high "rising above" Cena. Everyone knows deep down that the way they're presenting Cena is a lie just to have a top present star vs top past star match. Cena is good, but not all that good.

I agree, but you should go and watch his debut matches against Jericho and Angle, and watch any of his matches nowadays. And tell me the difference. It is hilarious actually. Long story short, in the beginning he put so much effort in, so much work and so much effort, now, he is lazy in the ring.

Chavo summed it all up with his comments last year.

You won't quit wwe it will never happen

We know cena will win as its a passing of the Rock sorta hogan vs rock match

You know..I still don't understand why people wanna stop watching WWE just because Cena Beats Rock. I am not saying the match as a passing of the torch as i was once on that stance but not anymore, But at the same time, Its just Wrestling..it shouldn't be taking serious like that at all and to me, seeing people who attack Cena saying "Ahh you beat rock then i'll go watch TNA and never watch WWE Again"

I am not just saying this to you nor am i attacking you but i am saying that i just don't think this should be taken serious. I know a while back i reed an article that said that the IWC does not know what is good for WWE and in some instances i do agree with that because at the end of the day we are just being fanboys/girls that want things going our way.

Not surprised since Jericho said this in his second book. I think he (and maybe Angle) were the only guys who liked John when he first came in, that's why he wanted Cena to win in Cena's first PPV match with him.

Of course that didn't lead to anything, and it wasn't till they let him rap that he started winning people over.

You know..I still don't understand why people wanna stop watching WWE just because Cena Beats Rock. I am not saying the match as a passing of the torch as i was once on that stance but not anymore, But at the same time, Its just Wrestling..it shouldn't be taking serious like that at all and to me, seeing people who attack Cena saying "Ahh you beat rock then i'll go watch TNA and never watch WWE Again"

I am not just saying this to you nor am i attacking you but i am saying that i just don't think this should be taken serious. I know a while back i reed an article that said that the IWC does not know what is good for WWE and in some instances i do agree with that because at the end of the day we are just being fanboys/girls that want things going our way.

Thank you for sharing your opinion in such a polite way. I am happy to answer:

First of all we live in a capitalist world. This means every sort of entertainment has become a propaganda which tries to make the most money by giving you the least quality product.

Secondly, you have to realize wwe doesn't have much talent as they used to have. And the current top stars aren't that good in comparison to the stars who led wwe yesterday. Besides that, the superstars really dont have to try as hard as they did before: They removed all the stuff that produces stress/major physical damage such as self-inflicted blood scars, headbutts, chair-head-shots, etc, etc. They don't have competition anymore (WCW back in the days). And they arent really pursuing ratings or anything as much as they did before. This as an outcome has the fact that superstars become lazy. The laziest are the top guys. Cena being one of them. He basically knows he'll be there no matter what. He attracts kids, and they buy franchise. He doesnt have to try hard at all to be entertaining or fun or to have much of a match.

So to sum up Cena's character and Cena as a performer: he's lazy+lazy (lazy part because of being the top guy, and the other lazy part because wwe's at the top basically as well), he doesn't have to worry about injuries as much as a regular entertainer from the 90's-early00's had, and he isn't all that talented in the ring to begin with. (regarding his wrestling talent - I'm not trying to be subjective here. Im just saying what many people believe, and what certain critics have stated as well.)

He can be good on the mic if he tries, but because of being quite lazy, and because of all the PG and his gimmick's restrictions - he can't.

So in the end, he isn't that much of a superstar, aside from "being there every raw" and from doing all those media appearances, charity etc. (A personal opinion, if I may add: He's basically a top guy thanks to vince. If vince needed someone big now, in order to make a quality product which would win over some other promotion, he would ditch cena - a money cow, in an instant PROBABLY)

Okay, im sorry for going kind of out of the line.

On the other hand Cena is facing an attitude-era star, a top guy from that time. Rock struggled almost for his whole career to be on the top, because wwe had more talent which was in almost the same top position: taker, austin, hbk, hhh, etc.

He had to do something innovative every time to be a bit better than everyone else. There was competition inside the wwe and outside the wwe. Thats why rock never got lazy back then. Also to add that he had occasional chairshots to his skull, had to cut himself many times and risk getting hepatitis and other diseases, etc etc.

So to answer your question in short:

Basically The Rock had a more stressful career, and had to try harder than Cena ever had to. He never once lost focus and never once became lazy. He had competition inside wwe (austin, hhh, taker, angle, lesnar) to be a top star, and wwe had competition outside (wcw), so he had to try extra hard to maintain that state and improve wwe as a product overall.

Having Rock, a hard working superstar be presented an equal to Cena, a superstar who never was as big as The Rock, nor has ever tried as hard, actually means taking a big dump on the face of The Rock, and the whole attitude era. I understand they had to do this in order to make a match between these two, but that's why i said what I said - if cena wins, i quit wwe.

I want to remember wwe truthfully, and tell hard-work apart from lazy-cash-milking. If Cena wins, it will feel like being cheated on by your girl.

Thank you for sharing your opinion in such a polite way. I am happy to answer:

First of all we live in a capitalist world. This means every sort of entertainment has become a propaganda which tries to make the most money by giving you the least quality product.

Secondly, you have to realize wwe doesn't have much talent as they used to have. And the current top stars aren't that good in comparison to the stars who led wwe yesterday. Besides that, the superstars really dont have to try as hard as they did before: They removed all the stuff that produces stress/major physical damage such as self-inflicted blood scars, headbutts, chair-head-shots, etc, etc. They don't have competition anymore (WCW back in the days). And they arent really pursuing ratings or anything as much as they did before. This as an outcome has the fact that superstars become lazy. The laziest are the top guys. Cena being one of them. He basically knows he'll be there no matter what. He attracts kids, and they buy franchise. He doesnt have to try hard at all to be entertaining or fun or to have much of a match.

So to sum up Cena's character and Cena as a performer: he's lazy+lazy (lazy part because of being the top guy, and the other lazy part because wwe's at the top basically as well), he doesn't have to worry about injuries as much as a regular entertainer from the 90's-early00's had, and he isn't all that talented in the ring to begin with. (regarding his wrestling talent - I'm not trying to be subjective here. Im just saying what many people believe, and what certain critics have stated as well.)

He can be good on the mic if he tries, but because of being quite lazy, and because of all the PG and his gimmick's restrictions - he can't.

So in the end, he isn't that much of a superstar, aside from "being there every raw" and from doing all those media appearances, charity etc. (A personal opinion, if I may add: He's basically a top guy thanks to vince. If vince needed someone big now, in order to make a quality product which would win over some other promotion, he would ditch cena - a money cow, in an instant PROBABLY)

Okay, im sorry for going kind of out of the line.

On the other hand Cena is facing an attitude-era star, a top guy from that time. Rock struggled almost for his whole career to be on the top, because wwe had more talent which was in almost the same top position: taker, austin, hbk, hhh, etc.

He had to do something innovative every time to be a bit better than everyone else. There was competition inside the wwe and outside the wwe. Thats why rock never got lazy back then. Also to add that he had occasional chairshots to his skull, had to cut himself many times and risk getting hepatitis and other diseases, etc etc.

So to answer your question in short:

Basically The Rock had a more stressful career, and had to try harder than Cena ever had to. He never once lost focus and never once became lazy. He had competition inside wwe (austin, hhh, taker, angle, lesnar) to be a top star, and wwe had competition outside (wcw), so he had to try extra hard to maintain that state and improve wwe as a product overall.

Having Rock, a hard working superstar be presented an equal to Cena, a superstar who never was as big as The Rock, nor has ever tried as hard, actually means taking a big dump on the face of The Rock, and the whole attitude era. I understand they had to do this in order to make a match between these two, but that's why i said what I said - if cena wins, i quit wwe.

I want to remember wwe truthfully, and tell hard-work apart from lazy-cash-milking. If Cena wins, it will feel like being cheated on by your girl.

So you're seriously going to compare being cheated on your girlfriend with the fact that WWE will let John Cena win at Wrestlemania 28?

:facepalm: You need help....some SERIOUS help.

Archived