A Bit of Universe 2.0 News From O.S

SVRmaster2011

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEggman

Excellent I much prefer a random selection it makes it more exciting. I dont suppose you could tell us what Arenas are in the game?

I think they were all announced. Every PPV, Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, Nitro, Clash of the Champions and Starrcade.

I wish there was a WCW Thunder arena, but im looking forward to using the Starrcade

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SVRmaster2011, you a true legend for asking all our questions for us. Thanks so much. :)

In related news, only 6-7 matches for each PPV? That's dissapointing, but I guess it'll have to do.

Now, it's sounding like we can make any belt we want the World Title for each brand. If that is correct, I just had a wonderful thought... NO MORE SPINNER BELT!!!!! :D :D :D So much win!

6-7 matches Thats not to bad. Better than just five. But i reckon for Wrestlemania they should expand between 8-10 matches

This. Whenever Wrestlemania would come around on my Universe, it would be a flop, simply because something good could be happening, and these Main Eventers wouldn't get on the card.

Also, has that guy said anything about how MITB matches and cashing in works? What I mean, is;

1) Can you choose who you want in your MITB matches without it turning into a normal ladder match?

2) Can you play a Championship match before using the MITB winner to cash in, or is it still simulated to the winner?

3) Can you choose who you want to be when cashing in the briefcase?

This all sounds really cool. As far as the rankings go...it might be easier this time to manipulate them. Does the poster know if the momentum percentage actually shows up in the superstar management? If it does, then we will know exactly how to manipulate the rankings, unlike last year. This would essentially fix the ranking problem.

I'm also interested to find out how they designed the menu system for all this..haha. I bet it gets complicated.

SVRmaster2011, you a true legend for asking all our questions for us. Thanks so much. :)

In related news, only 6-7 matches for each PPV? That's dissapointing, but I guess it'll have to do.

Now, it's sounding like we can make any belt we want the World Title for each brand. If that is correct, I just had a wonderful thought... NO MORE SPINNER BELT!!!!! :D :D :D So much win!

6-7 matches Thats not to bad. Better than just five. But i reckon for Wrestlemania they should expand between 8-10 matches

This. Whenever Wrestlemania would come around on my Universe, it would be a flop, simply because something good could be happening, and these Main Eventers wouldn't get on the card.

Also, has that guy said anything about how MITB matches and cashing in works? What I mean, is;

1) Can you choose who you want in your MITB matches without it turning into a normal ladder match?

2) Can you play a Championship match before using the MITB winner to cash in, or is it still simulated to the winner?

I'm just gonna mention something here about MITB. In '11, I actually changed the participants of the match and the game still accepted its winner as having the briefcase and I was able to have him cash it in. So is that not suppose to happen or something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamingsinceatari

Oh so we can edit the matches on a PPV Card?

Yes, you can edit each match. If you want Raw only PPV January, then a Smackdown one in February, and then a ROH one in March, you can do that. Just have to edit before the show.

Quote:

Excellent I much prefer a random selection it makes it more exciting. I dont suppose you could tell us what Arenas are in the game?

I think they were all announced. Every PPV, Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, Nitro, Clash of the Champions and Starrcade.

(WOW....STARRCADE)

I'm just gonna mention something here about MITB. In '11, I actually changed the participants of the match and the game still accepted its winner as having the briefcase and I was able to have him cash it in. So is that not suppose to happen or something?

I remember I was once able to change the challenger in a US Title match and the Title was still on the line. But I was never able to do it again. I figured it was some weird glitch.

Quote:

Oh so we can edit the matches on a PPV Card?

Yes, you can edit each match. If you want Raw only PPV January, then a Smackdown one in February, and then a ROH one in March, you can do that. Just have to edit before the show.

Edit BEFORE the show? So does this mean that it is like the old GM mode where you where you have to set the conditions for each match and then begin the show with no further editing? Now...this means that you sort of CAN change the PPV's. You just have to do it when you get to it. Not as good as putting it on the schedule, but that certainly is acceptable.

Quote:

Hey did u get a chance to see how MITB matches and cashing in works? What I mean, is;

I didn't edit one, sorry. Again, very limited time.

Did not try, I did cash in and the match was simulated. I was looking for that part, not the match part. Aagain, sorry.

You can choose to be whoever won the case, yes. Not sure if that answers your question.

im going to get to planning my universe now, check this topic later for updates later. Just need a confirmation before i go. So we can change the monday, thursday, friday to whatever show we want but we cannoty say add heat to saturday? does not bother me really but then i guess ill just leave it as RAW, SmackDown, Superstars for a while and eventually change Superstars to Heat

Here's something else I wonder about; the tag team rankings are pretty much what prevented us from being to put a guy in multiple stables. I wonder if they set it up this year so that an alliance stable does not count in the tag team rankings and a superstar can be in multiple alliances, but not multiple tag teams. Or was that the way it was last year?...I dunno I never messed with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEFan912

1) The WWE Draft Event Is After EVERY WrestleMania?

2) When does Universe start, the Raw after WrestleMania in april like last year?

3) Does The Draft start Universe Mode if it does start in april after Mania like last year?

Draft is that Monday.

I want to say Universe starts in October. It didn't take long to get to the Rumble.

Now that time frame could easily move from my build to the final.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWEFan912

Thanks For Answering! One more quick question that I can think of right now, Can CAWS be involved in the draft? I would be a little shocked and happy if they were involved because how do they have their picture for the draft?

They have the tile picture you made when you make the guy. Yes, they are involved.

Quote:

Could I theoretically remove every title except one and have that be the only title for the whole universe all three shows could fight for this one title?

I would assume so, didn't try that.

If everything we are finding out here is how the final version will end up, then there is a really good chance that this game could be a milestone for them. With most people who have played it saying that the gameplay is a HUGE improvement, everything runs smoother, as well as the added features to the game, it could be a good one. You see THQ....you can make a good decision when you've tried..hehehe. Really the only thing that could hold this game back now is unforseen glitches or issues that we were not able to address through the forums or the earlier versions.

Now that I think about it, the confirmed info said that transparency was back in, but someone who played an earlier version said it was not in. I wonder if we will get any sort of clarification on that.

Archived