Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lil' Kazu

NWA Discussion Thread

This whole series is great. Really well done. I'm actually hyped for the title match. Excited to see what is to come of William Patrick Corgan's NWA.

There are a bunch of mini alliances going on in pro wrestling right now, such as the one between ROH, NJPW, CMLL & RevPro. Then you have the one between NOAH, AAA, GFW/Impact and the one between PROGRESS, wXw & the WWN (EVOLVE, FIP). There are others with working deals, but these are the 3 that standout to me What would be cool is if these 3 "mini alliances" joined up as the foundation for the NWA. Imagine having Okada, Banks, Walter, Penta OM, Cody Rhodes, Jay Lethal, Nakajima, Riddle ETC challenging/defending the domed globe belt. This is really far fetched,but would be great for pro wrestling fans.

I'm watching the match now. Slow start...but we'll see.

*Edit* Just finished it. Slow match with weird chemistry, and an ugly finish. Not something I really enjoyed.

Edited by Generations

Yeah, Storm looked really clunky and the tiny ass ring didn't help, especially with the finish. I think the match told a good story, though, and had the finish been better executed it could've been a pretty good match.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZvhtplucK/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1umkpzr8z5lth

The NWA Women's Championship is returning and they're keeping Jazz as the champion.

Nice. I'm definitely pulling for NWA to be a full/successful brand again.

Guessing Jazz will probably defend the belt just for the sake of linear progression...drop the belt to someone who has longevity. Not saying that Jazz lacks longevity...but, I haven't exactly seen her around much in recent memory. NWA needs champions who are prominent names in the current landscape...if they're going to be seen as a big deal again. Maybe put the strap on Tessa Blanchard. Kinda surreal to have a Rhodes and a Blanchard as NWA champions in 2018...

Edited by Generations

Contenders announced for the NWA National Championship...

-Colt Cabana

-Scorpio Sky

-Mike Parrow

-Jay Bradley

-Samuel Shaw

-Ricky Starks

-Willie Mack

-Sammy Guevara

Stage One: Two elimination Fatal 4 Way matches.

Stage Two: Winners face off to crown the champion.

LET'S GO SCORPIO. 🗣 S C U !

Contenders announced for the NWA National Championship...

-Colt Cabana

-Scorpio Sky

-Mike Parrow

-Jay Bradley

-Samuel Shaw

-Ricky Starks

-Willie Mack

-Sammy Guevara

Stage One: Two elimination Fatal 4 Way matches.

Stage Two: Winners face off to crown the champion.

LET'S GO SCORPIO. 🗣 S C U !

Sammy Guevara is a real talent, hope he gets some more mainstream attention, seen him a few times.

Should this topic be rebranded to simply be an NWA discussion topic? Probably makes the most sense.

Anyway...I went and did something I haven't done in a long time, and actually paid to order the 70th anniversary show. Trying to do my part to support what NWA is attempting to do...

Edited by Generations

According to Cody, yesterday's show was the largest gross in "The Asylum"'s history. Topping TNA's early years there before they switched to the Impact Zone in Orlando. Will be interesting to see how Impact does when they go back early next year.

Match of Cody's career, IMO. That was a fun one.

Also, I really didn't see Aldis as a top guy until now. So, easily his top match as well.

Edited by Generations

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1120327279719124992?s=19

So Jazz just decided to vacate the NWA World Women's Championship. Wonder why she did this far into the Billy Corgan regime? Retirement or injury? I'm guessing Allysin Kay (Sienna) was originally her opponent for the next show, as she's still getting a title shot against someone else to be announced. I'm guessing Allysin Kay will win it regardless though, she is a pretty big name.

Edited by Fight Me.