The Pop/R&B Thread

Oldsie

She's been on EDM songs with Calvin Harris and more but that's just features, so I know she won't put any on her albums if she says she won't. Most of her singles are from her album that are considered "radio friendly" but I don't really care as long as she stays true to her style of music and that they blow up for her. I do think RCA is marketing her completely wrong, though. It does annoy me a little when all radio stations ask her about is if she'd date whatever rapper (HOT 97, I'm talking to you) and her sex life but they do it to literally every attractive female artist. She needs to put her foot down when they do that.

She's an amazing performer and so loving of her fans, that's what I love about her too. I got to see her and meet her live in December as part of her Aquarius Tour and it was incredible. She's got such an amazing voice and has improved since she first started with The Stunners.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's been on EDM songs with Calvin Harris and more but that's just features, so I know she won't put any on her albums if she says she won't. Most of her singles are from her album that are considered "radio friendly" but I don't really care as long as she stays true to her style of music and that they blow up for her. I do think RCA is marketing her completely wrong, though. It does annoy me a little when all radio stations ask her about is if she'd date whatever rapper (HOT 97, I'm talking to you) and her sex life but they do it to literally every attractive female artist. She needs to put her foot down when they do that.

She's an amazing performer and so loving of her fans, that's what I love about her too. I got to see her and meet her live in December as part of her Aquarius Tour and it was incredible. She's got such an amazing voice and has improved since she first started with The Stunners.

Her interview with The Breakfast Club was also kinda annoying in that sense.

I just didn't get the feeling they knew as much about her music as they should have (since they are interviewing her), and seemed to know a bit more about her personal life.

But that's a ton of radio stations for you, tbf.

Yeah those EDM features are cool though because they're features. Jesus, did you start sweating when you met her? Lol She's incredible gorgeous. And yeah most the radio stations do ask her that shit ALL the time. Like they ask her that more than her music. Shit is cray.

I was nervous and happy at the same time lol. Was wearing her shirt too so I got the approval.

Her interview with The Breakfast Club was also kinda annoying in that sense.

I just didn't get the feeling they knew as much about her music as they should have (since they are interviewing her), and seemed to know a bit more about her personal life.

But that's a ton of radio stations for you, tbf.

With as much as she's getting exposure and visiting the stations now, especially HOT 97 (They play her songs A LOT and she interviews with them a lot), they should know better but Ebro is always *censored*ing asking her about sex life and relationships. -_-

I actually hate the Breakfast Club normally. I did like the recent interview with Ed Sheeran however. But they're just so sexist at times when they have a female guest. It's sickening at times tbh. But like Royal said it's like that with a lot of stations. But I'm happy you got to meet her! :)

That's partly what made the Azealia Banks interview a pretty hot topic, too.

She claimed herself that Ebro kept asking her questions unrelated to music. Maybe this is something he regularly does, eh, who knows?

Besides, I don't think an artist like Tinashe, who you describe to be as idiosyncratic as she is, should care about press & interviews all that much.

I actually hate the Breakfast Club normally. I did like the recent interview with Ed Sheeran however. But they're just so sexist at times when they have a female guest. It's sickening at times tbh. But like Royal said it's like that with a lot of stations. But I'm happy you got to meet her! :)

Loooool, I think that's down to one man. Tbh though, nobody says anything and they seem to find these "sexist" jokes funny.

I'm not saying someone should go absolutely schizo on them, though.

That's partly what made the Azealia Banks interview a pretty hot topic, too.

She claimed herself that Ebro kept asking her questions unrelated to music. Maybe this is something he regularly does, eh, who knows?

Besides, I don't think an artist like Tinashe, who you describe to be as idiosyncratic as she is, should care about press & interviews all that much.

Loooool, I think that's down to one man. Tbh though, nobody says anything and they seem to find these "sexist" jokes funny.

I'm not saying someone should go absolutely schizo on them, though.

Lol haha

Yeah, and they won't forget what The Weeknd's sound is, or what he is known for, but let the person evolve. Also, his "signature sound" is a little one-note, if I'm being honest.

Not that I haven't loved recent singles of his like The Hills, but I feel he'd only evolve a lot better musically if he tried more styles. You never know, he could end up delivering better music.

Tbh, I listened to Wanderlust, Kiss Land (title track), Belong to the World and Adaptation; all these songs just put me off the album. Even the more upbeat songs, like Wanderlust. Pharrell's remix was way more sweet, too.

In terms of subject matter, I feel that could be a problem for him. But it's his lyrics that are still the problem every now and then. He's not that captivating of a songwriter. Very surface-level, with how he tries to be emotive and also picks weird situations to be emotive within or from.

Archived