Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AegisAvenger

Resident Evil series

Excited. So excited. Need it

It looks good, but I'd rather see new storylines.

How do you remove this spoiler tag? It appears whenever I highlight text. 

I feel like Capcom is just content to release the same recycled stuff, for as long as people love to play the same things. 

Do expect there to be tons of cut content, or things locked away behind a paywall. This is Capcom, after all.  They are notorious for half baking their products.

The remakes of RE2 and 3 had so many things removed. It was honestly ridiculous. Yet a lot of sheep openly bash 3 and glorify 2. It makes no sense. RE2 had just as much omitted stuff, to be honest.

But I guess fanboys will always be like, "I don't care. Take my money, Capcom!" 

We will see how this one goes. But I'd rather see new ideas being poured into the franchise. At least things that make sense, of course. The series rarely does add up any more, with how dumb some storylines turn out. 

On 6/19/2022 at 5:14 AM, Mister Eye said:

Do expect there to be tons of cut content, or things locked away behind a paywall. This is Capcom, after all.  They are notorious for half baking their products.

The remakes of RE2 and 3 had so many things removed. It was honestly ridiculous. Yet a lot of sheep openly bash 3 and glorify 2. It makes no sense. RE2 had just as much omitted stuff, to be honest.

But I guess fanboys will always be like, "I don't care. Take my money, Capcom!" 

We will see how this one goes. But I'd rather see new ideas being poured into the franchise. At least things that make sense, of course. The series rarely does add up any more, with how dumb some storylines turn out. 

You know dude, you are allowed to just be excited for something. Going around calling people who are happy fanboys isn't cool.

Village has new original DLC coming, 9 is likely to go into production once it's out. Just let people be happy a game they love is getting remade.

Dude, I really can't be arsed delving into the ins and outs of why the recent remakes were trash. But just so you know, Capcom axed a lot of content. Like a whole ton. They don't even really play like the original games either, with that new awkward, aiming mechanic they've added in. There are other things I could cast up too, but that's just for starters.

When they remade the original game and released it in 2002, there wasn't really that many changes. They removed the cheese, to make it more serious, I guess. However, they retained just about everything else from the 1996 version, while expanding upon it in a fantastic way. So this particular remake was praised for that. 

These modern remakes don't do that. They alter the look of the characters, to appeal to youngsters, I suppose. They changed the story. Plus, a whole lot of enemy types and areas got removed. So you cannot tell me that the RE4 remake probably won't be suffering a similar fate. If anything, Capcom is really only doing remakes because they know nostalgia makes the gaming world go round.