Dragon Ball games series - Play Hyper DBZ! It's Awesome!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

SSB Goku and Vegeta confirmed, shutting up all the morons who actually thought Super wouldn't be in. 18 and 16 were also confirmed.

Shouldn't be all that Surprised about Blue being separate characters. Still sucks. 17 not being in is both funny and kinda disappointing.

https://i.imgur.com/cjzXrzO.jpg

https://twitter.com/ErrenVanDuine/status/898100830599090176

Beams and assists can be parried

http://i.imgur.com/5NRlqA4.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/Ou6SiU9.gif

We also have confirmation of over 10 stages and special dialog between characters.

Anyone else feel FighterZ is becoming a massively overhyped? Also many people treating it as if it's supposed to be some messiah of fighting games or some *censored* just and everyone everywhere is suddenly going want to play this, even the people who don't like anime or fighting games.

And of course you have the elitists assholes/marvel *censored*posters who *censored* all over the older games and anyone who enjoys them as well as looking for every possible chance to *censored* on Marvel Infinite, SFV, or Capcom as a whole.

I do agree that's it's overhyped, but you know what? Capcom wouldn't get shit on if they stopped doing stupid shit *shrugs* SFV left a.bad.taste in a lot of.people's mouths and you saw the excitement when infinite was.announced. We lost our minds.

After all the MvC stuff started getting removed from digital and that Marvel partnership was all but dissolved, to see a new project was amazing. To "see" the new project turned some off that much.faster and then in comes Fighterz . The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Fighterz fit.the mold of what players wanted more than Infinite did and here we are now. Some of the shit talk is indeed "*Censored* you Capcom", but there's a good bit that's "do better, Capcom". You see far more of the former because they're upset, half of the time not really knowing why. Those are.the ones who really don't.know what the hell they want so just get pissed at Capcom for not giving them whatever it is they think they want but can't have. And if Capcom gets it right, 9/10 times they'll act like they don't want it. You can't reason with people like that.

Those are alot of the ones that think Fighterz is the second coming. There's no may in hell that you're gonna not like DBZ and not like fighting games but want to play this XD. That mentality I haven't seen but that sounds broken as hell

I don't know if I'd say massively. MvC: Infinite seems to just not being doing for some this time around. Plus Arc systems are pretty great and to see them tackle one of the most popular franchises and what looks to be the best looking DBZ game to date visually is exciting.

I do agree that's it's overhyped, but you know what? Capcom wouldn't get shit on if they stopped doing stupid shit *shrugs* SFV left a.bad.taste in a lot of.people's mouths and you saw the excitement when infinite was.announced. We lost our minds.

After all the MvC stuff started getting removed from digital and that Marvel partnership was all but dissolved, to see a new project was amazing. To "see" the new project turned some off that much.faster and then in comes Fighterz . The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Fighterz fit.the mold of what players wanted more than Infinite did and here we are now. Some of the shit talk is indeed "*Censored* you Capcom", but there's a good bit that's "do better, Capcom". You see far more of the former because they're upset, half of the time not really knowing why. Those are.the ones who really don't.know what the hell they want so just get pissed at Capcom for not giving them whatever it is they think they want but can't have. And if Capcom gets it right, 9/10 times they'll act like they don't want it. You can't reason with people like that.

Those are alot of the ones that think Fighterz is the second coming. There's no may in hell that you're gonna not like DBZ and not like fighting games but want to play this XD. That mentality I haven't seen but that sounds broken as hell

I mean there's legitimate criticism, but at this point, the vast majority of it is just shitposting and regurgitating tired memes. Anyone who says anything even remotely positive about Marvel Infinite is labelled a shill or some other dumb garbage. Hell at point, the only real issue with Marvel Infinite is the Capcom roster because let's be real. We all knew the Marvel side was gonna be am MCU ad before we even knew the game existed, yet people still shit on Capcom as if that's their fault. Yeah, Combofiend's "function" statement didn't help matters, but it's not like the guy had a lot of options. People kept pestering him about it, and he can't exactly say it's Marvel fault or he and Capcom would be *censored*, so he said some dumb *censored*, that I'm pretty sure even he doesn't believe. As for SFV, it's gotten a lot better, and after over a year and a half, it's really just beating a dead horse.

I feel like a lot of people forget or don't realize that a lot of people don't care for or actively hate competitive fighting games and the FGC as a whole. Seriously, just look at the shitstorm from SFV's release with all the casuals suddenly coming out to talk down to the "stupid competitive players". Especially with gaming's recent and annoying obsession with "MOAR CONTENT" all those casuals who couldn't care less about depth, or playing other people, or "getting gud" have no reason to care about FighterZ over something like Xenoverse which is still recent and getting support or the older games which aren't hard to come by. Sure it's getting a lot of attention because it's new and it's Arksys, but the thing is, the FGC isn't gonna contribute THAT much sales wise as much as people want to believe otherwise, and for the dragon ball fans who don't care about competitive fighters, this is just another DBZ game with far less than previous games. Basically, I expect it to do well because it is a DBZ game and has a lot of hype surrounding it, but I don't expect it do as well as Xenoverse or even come close. And on the FGC side of things, come EVO 2019, most of the casuals will have long dropped this or lost any kind of interest in the FGC and at best, it'll become a mainstay at EVO, but won't come anywhere to to Smash or Street Fighter numbers. At worst, it'll become another Arsys fighter in every sense of the word and get dropped the moment the next Blazblue or Guilty Gear or even Persona Arena drops.

Aaaaaand sorry for the long ass rant.

Especially with gaming's recent and annoying obsession with "MOAR CONTENT" all those casuals who couldn't care less about depth, or playing other people, or "getting gud" have no reason to care about FighterZ over something like Xenoverse which is still recent and getting support or the older games which aren't hard to come by.

I basically agree with everything you just said. I do believe, however, that I fall into that category you described. I don't care about the competitive human player aspect of a fighting game. I don't want to invest that kind of time into a game I know the rest of the world has put 20 times MORE time into. My fingers don't work like they use to. My brain doesn't store inputs like they use to. I'm not about taking the loss, learning what I did wrong, and correcting it, so I don't play online. In my adult life I've been more of a co-op guy. 12 year old me would've murdered a chump in this game and pick his teeth with the bones of the fallen.

I haven't played either Xenoverse, but I'd honestly rather play this. It's just so over the top and out of control that I can enjoy the level of chaos. Again, not online. So because I'd rather stay off, of course I'd want modes to keep me occupied. I'm not the type that needs anything other than some type of Arcade ladder (which was complaint #1 in vanilla SFV, even from some of the hardcore guys) and they say they have the story mode. That would be fine for me. I don't need a challenge mode, any time trial nonsense, mini-games, none of that bull. I'd treat this the same way I treated MvC: Jump on and run through the arcade once or twice and shut it down.

But anyways, if they can get people like me on board, gamers who've shyed away from fighters over the years where the Injustices and MKXs, GGXrds, KIs, and SFVs have failed, then that's a win under their belt and I think they're gonna get quite a few wins. Granted like you said, not the numbers the FGC is thinking it's gonna pull, but I think the majority is gonna be shocked by them.

I absolutely love the creativity in Xenoverse, but I hate how unnecessarily limited it is. Hell even just more body types and colorable clothes would help out a lot. Oh and a community creations wouldld be amazing.

I've also made Joker from Persona 5 and Lina Inverse from Slayers.

I didn't realize Towa created Mira. I didn't play or pay attention to any of those games. She could've easily created 20. Color scheme is the same, plus they really need to flesh out the roster with more females. I'm not the biggest DBZ fan but I can barely use all my fingers to count the ones that could stack up enough skillwise to be on the list

Archived