An Explanation For The PG Era

Dazz

I think people forget that before the AE, WWE was PG.

But it wasn' t as cheesy and so kid-friendly back then... Still they could do something like PG-14, AKA ruthless agression Era. That was nowhere near being cheesy, but also didn' t have unnecessary swearing (just sometimes, and that was OK) and stupid sex segments (ok, sex celebration, but that' s pretty much it).

I honestly haven't enjoyed a WWE match in years. They look like they're going through the motions and there's no excitement but that's just my opinion.

Hell, I don't even watch WWE any more, gave that up full time in October 2009, just watched maybe 6 shows total since then and haven't been very impressed.

Anyway, the subject is the PG stuff and not how I feel about WWE.

Then you cannot have an opinion on it then. If you haven't watched in years, then obviously you haven't seen a good match in years. Duh.

I take it you missed that part then?

But it wasn' t as cheesy and so kid-friendly back then.

Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly, face version of Doink, Kona Crush, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, those Bret Hart ads with the kids surrounding him and calling his name, 123 Kid, Aldo Montoya and more would like to have a word with you.....

I honestly haven't enjoyed a WWE match in years. They look like they're going through the motions and there's no excitement but that's just my opinion.

Hell, I don't even watch WWE any more, gave that up full time in October 2009, just watched maybe 6 shows total since then and haven't been very impressed.

Then you cannot have an opinion on it then. If you haven't watched in years, then obviously you haven't seen a good match in years. Duh.

Bob "Spark Plugg" Holly, face version of Doink, Kona Crush, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, those Bret Hart ads with the kids surrounding him and calling his name, 123 Kid, Aldo Montoya and more would like to have a word with you.....

T.L.Hopper(a plumber), The Goon(a hockey player), Issiac Yankem DDS(a dentist/Kane old gimmick)

T.L.Hopper(a plumber), The Goon(a hockey player), Issiac Yankem DDS(a dentist/Kane old gimmick)

How does that make them kid-friendly? ? ?

Most of those guys were psychotic/mindless guys, nowhere near being kid-prendly.

How does that make them kid-friendly? ? ?

Most of those guys were psychotic/mindless guys, nowhere near being kid-prendly.

The bright colours, child friendly angles and involving kids in the ring or in magazines as often as possible would be a huge clue.

They even had Dallas Hart writing a column in WWF Magazine to appeal to kids even more. That and their "Teen Advice" column with questions answered by Shawn Michaels and Alundra Blayze. Those are just the things I remember.

Exactly you guys and like I keep saying elsewhere, CHIKARA is even MORE PG than WWE is but they still have awesome matches, cool gimmicks and great storylines.

PG isn't killing WWE, it's the horrible booking and matches.

Try telling that PG isn't killing wwe to the stupid youtube wrestling community and the Spoiled Attitude Era Smarks

Oh please do. I'd appreciate the LOLs.

I remember the WWF during my time as a kid. If they think today's PG is bad, then they clearly have not seen the New Generation Era. Or the In Your House PPVs during that era that suck in comparison to what we have today.

Archived