Future Game Idea

BestInTheWorld614

I had an idea. Since every game has a Ultimate Team style mode. What if 2K incorporated that in like a GM Mode type mode. Like online GM Mode. You start your own brand/company and you try to have the best ratings and gain fans and reactions. Then you can have leaderboards to see how your show/cards match up to other. Throughout the mode you can gain arena pieces, titles, and superstars. Anybody have thoughts on a mode like this?

I can't see this work without it being limited or heavily relying on Microtransactions

Second it can get a bit boring and how would the rating system work, either the matches will be rated by in game gameplay like it is now which will have a lot of people having 5 star ratings or it will be like GM mode in 2006 and it might be unfair to some

Anyway that's my thought

All this talk of GM mode is making me want to play SvR 2006 again. I would always run RAW and then get Hollywood Hogan, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, and the Rock on my roster and I would still lose the ratings war to the computer.

I would have two people on my roster and beat the computer

I can't see this work without it being limited or heavily relying on Microtransactions

Second it can get a bit boring and how would the rating system work, either the matches will be rated by in game gameplay like it is now which will have a lot of people having 5 star ratings or it will be like GM mode in 2006 and it might be unfair to some

Anyway that's my thought

You hit the nail on the head.

Rating your 'performance' as a general manager is always extremely difficult, and will always feel a bit unbalanced or unfair, perhaps even random.

As a game developer, you'd need to set so many parameters for this to work, that I can't ever see this working.

Archived