10 Matches You'll Likely See in WWE 2k14

nystyle

obviously nothing confirmed, but a cool article regardless.

http://www.operationsports.com/Wiggy/blog/26647-wwe-2k14-10-matches-youll-likely-see-in-the-30-years-of-wrestlemania-mode/

(10) Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage @ Wrestlemania V - I see this match being included, as it was a significant feud for the time, culminating is this memorable showdown between two icons. I don't think Miss Elizabeth will be represented in the match (for obvious reasons), but it's one of the more significant fights in early 'Mania history. A lot of the previous Wrestlemania events had some goofy characters and match-ups that wouldn't lend themselves to this mode, so I think this fight and the Hogan vs. Andre showdown are the earliest ones you'll probably see.

(9) Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior @ Wrestlemania VI - There's no way that the WWE signs Warrior to this game and then doesn't include this match. This was the pinnacle of his career, such as it was, going over Hogan in the middle of the ring. I hope I get to re-enact Hogan kicking out at three to no-sell the finish.

(8) Shawn Micheals vs. Bret Hart @ Wrestlemania XII - Since both guys are in the game, it's pretty easy to see this one as a natural fit for the mode. The match has tons of drama, and it would make sense that the cinematic nature of this mode would allow the fight to not actually be the 60+ minutes that it was back in the day (an Iron Man match). To top it off, the match had a great finish, and it was a huge milestone in Micheals' career.

(7) Shawn Micheals vs. Steve Austin @ Wrestlemania XIV - Even though this match would be a re-tread from its inclusion in last year's Attitude Era version, I think it's too much of an important 'Mania moment to not make it in. They have the rights to everybody involved, including Tyson, and the match was significant for tons of reasons, including the amusing backstage politics that were going on at the time.

(6) The Rock vs. Mick Foley vs. Triple H vs. The Big Show @ Wrestlemania 2000 - I don't think this match was particularly memorable or "important" in the history of 'Mania, but I think it will be included nonetheless since they own the rights to all of the guys. The Rock is on the cover for this game, so it makes sense that a match like this would be included, where he features quite prominently. (editor's note: I originally said the Rock won this match, but my foggy brain forgot that Triple H actually went over here)

(5) The Rock vs. Steve Austin @ Wrestlemania X-Seven - This contest was significant for a lot of reasons, including the fact that it was a 'Mania match that included the two biggest stars of the time. Since it took place in Texas and had a bizarre Austin heel turn in his home town (including the involvement of Mr. McMahon), it seems like a pretty sure thing that this match will make it in. I'm imagining the silliness of re-enacting Austin delivering chair shots as McMahon hops along with glee. It will be interesting to see how they contextualize this in the video packages, as it was quite strange to take a hometown guy and turn him heel in front of people who just wanted to cheer him.

(4) Chris Jericho vs. Triple H @ Wrestlemania X8 - Since the devs are rendering all of the Wrestlemania arenas, I see this match being included as well, since it takes place at Skydome in Toronto (which the previously referenced Warrior vs. Hogan match took place at). This match featured all kinds of interference from Stephanie McMahon, which works well for this cinematic mode, and it had a good deal of build-up going in. It's a natural fit for the mode.

(3) John Cena vs. Triple H @ Wrestlemania 22 - This match also seems like a shoe-in, as it was the first main event 'Mania appearance by John Cena, and it had a great finishing sequence. Since I don't see 2K including the "other" time that HHH tapped out in the middle of a Wrestlemania ring, this fight makes sense. Points to 2K if they include the crazy Conan and gangster entrances of Triple H and Cena, respectively.

(2) Triple H vs. Randy Orton @ Wrestlemania XXV - I'd say this memorable showdown involving Orton and Triple H makes sense for the mode, as it had tons of OMG-type moments that would work for the match. There were referee bumps, announce table spots, sledgehammer spots and lots of finishing moves. The pre-match stipulation of no DQs or count-outs for Triple H would also make for good presentation and context for the fight.

(1) The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels @ Wrestlemania XXVI - For as many matches as 'Taker has been in at Wrestlemania, I think this is the one that is definitely included. Sure, they might include his X-Seven match with HHH or one of the Kane-Taker showdowns (or hell, get Giant Gonzalez in there for maximum ridiculousness), but this contest makes the most sense. The match had tons of high-spots and finishing moves, and it had plenty of cinematic moments, including Micheals' taunting and post-match fan interaction.

The only reason I don't see HHH vs. Jericho going in is that during the match, HHH hits his finish on Stephanie, which was the big spot of the match that it was essentially built around. With the PG thing still going on, the fact that you can't touch women in the previous few games without getting DQed, and that if you took that part out of the match, it really didn't have too much other significance than HHH getting another title run. The only match from X8 that meant anything really was Hogan vs. Rock

The top 10 list has made me ponder if we'll get a bunch of background characters that we can either use as playable wrestlers or managers like Elizabeth and Steph. I'd thought of Heenan and Jimmy Hart etc. but forgot about Liz or even Sherri if the WM VII retirement match makes it.

I also wonder if the extras will be announced at the roster reveal.

Was Paul Bearer mentioned last year?

10 Matches you WON'T see in WWE 2K14

(no order)

1. Chris Benoit v Shawn Michaels v Triple H (WM20)

2. Brock Lesnar v Kurt Angle (WM19)

3. Chyna v Ivory (WM17)

4. Owen Hart v Bret Hart (WM10)

5. Razor Ramon v Jeff Jarrett (WM11)

6. Bad New Brown v Rowdy Roddy Piper (WM6)

7. Lawrence Taylor v Bam Bam Bigalow (WM11)

8.Doink and Dink v Bam Bam Bigalow and Luna (WM10)

9.Jeff Hardy v Matt Hardy (WM25)

10.Gimmick Battle Royal (WM17)

Archived