THQ Needs To End The Block On Downloadable Content Uploads

DeathByChainsaw

I really am fed up with the way they handle their own content not being able to be uploaded. I spent the better part of an hour trying to upload a Larry Sweeney CAW I just put the finishing touches on, only to have it tell me that it couldn't be uploaded because it had Downloadable Content in the actual CAW. BS! I went looking for it, combed through knowing I hadn't added any specific logos, only to realize it was because I had used a sign for him that was a Shawn Michaels sign, a sign that had no indication that it was DL (Never mind the fact that, after getting everything in order, the Servers stopped working on me and booted me off before I could get it uploaded).

I understand why it's there for stuff people create, but not being able to do it for their own stuff is hot garbage. I don't care if it's a tech issue, it needs to be rethought and figured out, because I am done with working hard on this stuff only to be tripped up by a technicality. It's bullshit.

I dont think they should get rid of the block, since if you dont pay for the DLC you shouldnt get the stuff from it which is why the block is there, but they should handle it better. What i think they should do is instead of making a caw un uploadable with DLC is make it like they do with swear words. If the game senses theres DLC in the moveset, entrance, crowd signs, etc just when you upload it have a message saying "All Downloadable Content found will be set to default" Then when you upload it and say your caw has a DLC finisher it will get set to whatever the finisher was at default so then you can still upload it and the person downloading can change it.

It sucks, I've edited alot of the in game wrestlers movesets to have some of the DLC moves in them, for example Kane with Kharma's chokeslam and Swagger/Angle/Shamrock with the An-Cole Lock and I have to edit it to be the crappy one.

Then they give us moves we already had in the old games (Old Chick Kick, Old Stratusfaction) and we can't use those although the DLC Trish doesn't use them, we could upload a CAW with those exact moves in 2010 and 11 that have probably been around since Trish was an active member of the roster (svr2007 I think).

Then they remove Batista's taunts and moves (the flexing taunt was perfect for caws and legends like Rick Rude), and we'll probably get them as DLC where they expect us to believe they're all new.

Incredibly frustrating and stupid too many things are pissing me off with WWE 12 restrictions + insane amount of glitches is starting to make this an horrible unplayable experience I'm done with the franchise now I don't care if WWE 13 is No Mercy of the new generation with 0 glitches and 0 restrictions and every option imaginable plus some you couldn't even imagine, I aint getting it!

I'd like for DLC to be uploadable but come with a note to others that this upload contains DLC. I mean their are many characters who are DLC that I'd like to use such as Batista, Vickie Guerrero, Mick Foley, Jerry Lawler, Brodus Clay, etc but can't because THQ have this DLC upload issue. Plus their are moves that would be good for using on some people or even entrance parts. It sucks that we can't upload DLC.

Like I said though they should have a note attacted to it to make people aware that what they are downloading contains DLC.

I agree with one of the above posters. I have no problem with this since if you don't pay for the dlc you shouldn't get to download or use it. any business stand point on this would be the same. if you want people to pay to use certain characters, moves, etc why would you let people upload them and use them for nothing?

Sweet n Sour CAW, eh? Props for that.

And I don't see why content containing DLC can't be uploaded and downloaded only by people who own the DLC. Same principle as in a game, like Call of Duty where you can play multiplayer but can't join games using DLC maps if you don't own it.

It was suggested last year too yet we didn't get it this year, obviously.

They could just make it where if you want to use DLC in a story or w/e then you can but if someone wants to download it they also need the have the DLC to do it, if they don't have it then they can't download the story/caw/whatever it is.

Here is my suggestion-With DLC that THQ released, like Michael Cole or Shawn Michaels, players should be able upload content featuring them. With CAWS, players must credit before re-uploading. With CAA's, same thing. However, DOWNLOADED CAWS SHOULD ONLY HAVE THE ACTUAL CAW UN-EDITABLE. Like a guy said with his Ministry Undertaker CAW, he should be able to edit everything else but the CAW itself.

What they should do is rather than block things from being uploaded, they should block them from being downloaded by those who don't have the DLC. They do the same thing with matches, so why not with downloads?

I'd be completely fine with this.

Yeah, but that'd make too much sense for THQ.

I'm sure they have some smartass answer about how it can't be coded that way, unless they put in some work, or they'll blame it on us, like Marcus did with the whole transperancy thing. And really, haven't they done enough? They've got to put out the same game for next year already!

:XD:

Archived