CHIKARA King of Trios 2016

classiq.

CHIKARA announced this afternoon that the first team confirmed for the 2016 King of Trios tournament over Labor Day weekend (tickets go on sale tomorrow at 12 PM at CHIKARAPro.com) in Pennsylvania are Team Sendai Girls from Japan:

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=100953

• 2 weeks later...

Really would like to get into CHIKARA, tried to years ago, but I was super into ROH at the time and couldnt stand the joking nature of CHIKARA, I learned thats it meant to not be taken so seriously and now wish to become a fan of the product after viewing with an open mind and fresh eyes.

What shows would you point a hopeful, new fan to?

BOLA 2015 and Pentagon Jr. Got me into PWG just recently. So I'm confident it can happen with CHIKARA.

Admittedly, I kind of drifted away from CHIKARA due to their hiatus but I have been getting back into it since Princess KimberLee's title win. Hopefully I'll be attending one of the shows on their Aniversario Tour next month and King of Trios usually delivers so I'll be checking that out as well.

Really would like to get into CHIKARA, tried to years ago, but I was super into ROH at the time and couldnt stand the joking nature of CHIKARA, I learned thats it meant to not be taken so seriously and now wish to become a fan of the product after viewing with an open mind and fresh eyes.

BOLA 2015 and Pentagon Jr. Got me into PWG just recently. So I'm confident it can happen with CHIKARA.

The BDK storyline is what really got me into CHIKARA so I'd point you towards that. There's a lot of history there that goes back years but their actual debut was at Three Fisted Tales in 2009. The debut itself is on YouTube.

Chikara has really dropped off since they came back from their hiatus. I was never a huge fan of the product, but my interest has completely dropped off in the last couple of years. The talent pool is nowhere near the caliber that it used to be.

The first year after the hiatus was alright, some gems (ASHLEY REMINGTON.) but once Archie and a few other left the promotion kinda went bland for me. KOT is always a great place to start. It kind of leaves ongoing storylines at the door for just really fun/great matches.

Didn't Archibald Peck come back from the past just recently or some shit?

Yes he did. He had an appearance the season finale last year. His appearances are sporadic because of the time travel but he is still around.

Classiq., would you be cool with making this into an Official Discussion Thread for CHIKARA rather than just for King of Trios?

Thats one thing I do like about CHIKARA as outlandish as their storylines are, they actually make sense and add up. Like I was reading about the Peck thing and apparently, he got a Backfist to the Future from Kingston in his debut match in like 2011. Is around for a bit, then is gone, and comes back at the end of 2015 as Archibald Peck from 2011. Thats awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

The second team in the 2016 King of Trios tournament has been revealed, Team SHIMMER!

Madison Eagles returns to CHIKARA for the first time in over 5 years, after taking the first half of 2011 by storm with matches against the likes of Sara Del Rey and Manami Toyota. Candice LeRae makes her return to the company in 9 years, last seen competing against Daizee Haze at “Cibernetico & Robin” in 2007. Rounding out the team is the world traveled, “Crazy” Mary Dobson, who makes her CHIKARA debut on this weekend!

How will this team fare in the biggest trios tournament of the year?

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/team-shimmer-announced-for-chikara-king-of-trios-2016-tournament/

• 1 month later...

CHIKARA’s King of Trios Tournament in September is set to be a mammoth event, with a blockbuster team announced earlier today increasing anticipation to a whole new level.

Former WWE Women’s Champions Jazz, Mickie James and Victoria will make up “Team Original Divas Revolution”, one of 16 trios that will compete over the course of three days – September 2nd through 4th.

The following video was released explaining the tournament and confirmed the former Divas’ involvement.

Two other teams have already been announced, both of which are all female teams. “Team Sendei Girls” features Cassandra Miyagi, DASH Chisako and the legendary Meiko Satomura and “Team SHIMMER” is comprises of Candice LeRae, Crazy Mary Dobson and SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles.

More information on the event can be found over at the CHIKARA website. Tickets are on sale now.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/123820/jazz-mickie-james-victoria-confirmed-chikara-tournament/

• 3 months later...

CHIKARA will present the 2016 King of Trios tournament in Easton, PA this weekend starting tonight and running through Sunday afternoon. The single elimination tournament features an eclectic mix of teams as well as international talents.

Scheduled for the first round of the tournament tonight:

*Team #CWC (Cedric Alexander, Johnny Gargano and Drew Gulak) vs. The Warriors Three (Oleg the Usurper, Princess KimberLee and ThunderFrog)

*Team Shimmer (Candice LeRae, Crazy Mary Dobson and Solo Darling) vs. Team Original Divas Revolution (Jazz, Mickie James and Victoria)

*Team Sendai Girls (Cassandra Miyagi, Dash Chisako and Meiko Satomura) vs. Heidi Lovelace and N_R_G (Hype Rockwell and Race Jaxon)

*The Batiri (Kobald, Kodama and Obariyon) vs. Major League Moustache (Dasher Hatfield, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate)

*Team JWP (Command Bolshoi, Hanako Nakamori and Manami Katsu) vs. Amasis, Argus and Ophidian

*The Colony (Fire Ant, Silver Ant and Soldier Ant) vs. Team Big Deal (The Big Deal fka Hornswoggle, Rick Roland and Sloan Caprice)

*Team Police Squad (Bill Carr, Officer Warren Barksdale and Supercop Dick Justice) vs. United Nations(Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar and The Proletariat Boar of Moldova)

*Hallowicked's Trio (Hallowicked and two mystery partners) vs. Arctic Rescue Ant, Missile Assault Man and Worker Ant

For ticket information on the King of Trios weekend, visit http://chikarapro.com/events/season-16/09-02-2016_king-trios-2016-night-one

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=104455

Archived