For Those Worried About PS4/X-One After Seeing Last Gen:

VirulentViper™

Next-Gen was rebuilt from the ground up. They had to prioritize what did and didn't get put back. I'm sorry, but I'd rather they work on their core gameplay mechanics FIRST, rather than spread themselves thin trying to work on everything at once. That's how legacy bugs happen in the first place. This year, let them work on MyCareer, the new stamina, new animations, mo-caps, et al. Next year they can fine-tune, but that then gives them more time to work in codes for a GOOD paint tool, etc.

When THQ closed down people wanted to see a complete rehaul of the game. When people (including myself) said that it would mean a big step back on the creation suite the majority here said they would take it.

Well...here we are.

Exactly when everyone was complaining THQ should just build a new game engine which 2k has done here for Microsoft's Xbox One/Sony's PlayStation 4 people recognized that old coded modes such as CAF, Paint Tool, ect would have to be removed and customization options would get limited and EVERYONE WAS FINE! Now that it's actually happened, suddenly Visual Concepts is The Devil! This is exactly what I said would happen then and now it's happening currently. The people expect to much;

Anyone who says this isn't build from the ground up hasn't ever seen actual gameplay, ect. If anyone thinks it looks anything like WWE 2k14 they are blind, no offense but I just can't wrap my head around anyone stating it's going to be the same game.

Most people were only upset or dissappointed that things got removed from the last gen that shouldn't have been removed at all, not because the next gen will look better graphicwise or will have a few extra modes (showcase, my career and so on....).

I only pointed out that all of this isn't exactly "New" but rather modified or recycled content that was made or used before.

The reason why was because suicidal did as if all of it is brand new, using it as a excuse for the removals that have taken place. :P

Thanks for replying in a mature way though, it's appreciated. :)

I have to ask: Have you seen gameplay footage for Next Gen whatsoever? This is what I don't understand, The People expect everything to be 'NEW!' yet they don't seem to understand what that means. Any improvement is NEW! even if it's been done before, there is only so much a developer can do specifically in a pro wrestling video game before people start whining 'It's the same :poo: just improved' Improved = NEW! That goes for any franchise;

Yes I did at gamescom and I can really tell that it's not a "New Engine" like you and a few others are trying to convince people on.

I never whined and I'm not upset or mad either.

I'm just sad and dissappointed because it wasn't needed to remove certain things from both gens nor was it nessecary to add certain restrictions like they did.

You can improve without removing and when you intend to remove, you inform your customers by giving also the real reasoning behind the decision instead of making up excuses OR even worse being totally silent about it, letting people buy your product blindly so you can make Money on their dissappointment and shrug it off.

Some companies seem to never learn until it's too late.

THQ is one of the best examples when it comes to this.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Improved doesn't mean new, new means new and improved means improved. You can't reappropriate a word willy nilly.

An Improved mode is an old mode with some of the kinks worked out or new functionality. A new mode is a mode we didn't use to have. The new portion of an improved mode is new, but when you refer to an Improved Mode as a whole as New your being disingenuous.

If you can't see that this new year is a rehaul rather than from the ground up I suggest you take a look at the Elder Scrolls series and then at the THQ WWE games series.

Both used the same engine from start (Morrowind not Daggerfall or Arena) to current. Improvements were made, vast improvements, but it was the same base engine. If you still don't see what in saying read into it

I believe they said NWO Hogan would be an exclusive to Hulkamania edition or something like that. weren't we not suppose to get: Wrestlemania xXx Hogan, 80's Hogan and NWO Hogan?

Well I seen people have all the Hogan's and Sting's.

To clarify further as I see a point of argument,

The new grapple system is New, the stamina system is an improved version of the old one, but even if you concede that since the new stamina system is not identical to the old it is new...that doesn't constitute ground up. Ground up is all new, it's no remainders from the past. It's "I tore the house down and pulled out the foundations so I could start from the ground up"

Yes I did at gamescom and I can really tell that it's not a "New Engine" like you and a few others are trying to convince people on.

I never whined and I'm not upset or mad either.

I'm just sad and dissappointed because it wasn't needed to remove certain things from both gens nor was it nessecary to add certain restrictions like they did.

You can improve without removing and when you intend to remove, you inform your customers by giving also the real reasoning behind the decision instead of making up excuses OR even worse being totally silent about it, letting people buy your product blindly so you can make Money on their dissappointment and shrug it off.

Some companies seem to never learn until it's too late.

THQ is one of the best examples when it comes to this.

Improved doesn't mean new, new means new and improved means improved. You can't reappropriate a word willy nilly.

An Improved mode is an old mode with some of the kinks worked out or new functionality. A new mode is a mode we didn't use to have. The new portion of an improved mode is new, but when you refer to an Improved Mode as a whole as New your being disingenuous.

If you can't see that this new year is a rehaul rather than from the ground up I suggest you take a look at the Elder Scrolls series and then at the THQ WWE games series.

Both used the same engine from start (Morrowind not Daggerfall or Arena) to current. Improvements were made, vast improvements, but it was the same base engine. If you still don't see what in saying read into it

To clarify further as I see a point of argument,

The new grapple system is New, the stamina system is an improved version of the old one, but even if you concede that since the new stamina system is not identical to the old it is new...that doesn't constitute ground up. Ground up is all new, it's no remainders from the past. It's "I tore the house down and pulled out the foundations so I could start from the ground up"

This, all of this.

Like I said in the PT thread, if they had actually done a completely new engine from the ground up, the current-gen version wouldn't even be released this year. New engines aren't a simple 1 or 2 year thing, it just doesn't work that way. It's a rewrite of the existing engine (or they ported all their existing code to a different existing engine, which has its own share of problems), and normally when a dev or publisher claims "new engine from the ground up" they're only hyperboling what they've actually done to make it more appealing for those who have been begging for change.

Many companies have regularly done this, and I recall even THQ doing it themselves with WWE '12 being done from the ground up and their new "Predator Tech" .. we all know how that turned out.

First and foremost, this can be deleted if it's been posted before. But, I was browsing WWE Games' Twitter and saw that someone asked them this:

jcal ?@thejoecal 3h3 hours ago

@WWEgames hey friend, 2k15 for previous gen reviewed like crap - should I havr any reasom to believe current gen will be better?

Their reply?

WWE 2KVerified account ?@WWEgames

@thejoecal yes. We devoted a lot of time and energy to the new experience. Look for more!

gSNxtpT.gif

I'm still optimist. I do not want to be selfish, but i don't care atm about no CAS, no CAF or 25 caws slot (which is pathetic, but), since my caws are going to be slater, sin cara, ryder and a few divas if they're not in current gen.

They are teasing us with a new and improved way of get logos in the game and with edit a superstar, that was my biggest wish.

Give me photoshp png imported textures (as we did with those tools) and sin cara outfit in caw mode and a much improved gameplay, core gameplay, animations, moves and graphics and for this year im happy with these things and the creation suite offered.

Archived