• Please log in to reply
1688 replies to this topic

#1681 Generations

Generations

Wolf Fang Fist

• Members
  • 92,156 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:24 AM

Yeah games great, I've got some complaints here and there (*Censored* ANDROID 20) but for the most part the game has been a joy to play.

.... except that one turtle side quest. y'all know the one.

I do not have the game yet, but I feel like that quest has to do with finding a stone that Roshi throws. Unless you literally mean turtle and not turtle as in Roshi as he's associated with turtle.

I'm honestly not sure which Turtle quest he's talking about. Either he's talking about one that is really dumb and super easy...in which case, your guess is close...but not exactly:

Spoiler

Or he's talking about a quest that ends up sending you all over the map and can be kind of a pain in the ass for no good reason:

Spoiler

Neither of those spoilers are really big spoilers of anything. So...feel free to read at your will.

#1682 AlterNation

AlterNation

The Man

• Members
  • 13,143 posts
  • Twitter: @MrAlterNation

Posted 22 January 2020 - 06:18 AM

Or he's talking about a quest that ends up sending you all over the map and can be kind of a pain in the ass for no good reason:

Spoiler

God that one was so tedious.

#1683 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,821 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:08 AM

Yeah games great, I've got some complaints here and there (*Censored* ANDROID 20) but for the most part the game has been a joy to play.

I do not have the game yet, but I feel like that quest has to do with finding a stone that Roshi throws. Unless you literally mean turtle and not turtle as in Roshi as he's associated with turtle.

I'm honestly not sure which Turtle quest he's talking about. Either he's talking about one that is really dumb and super easy...in which case, your guess is close...but not exactly:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Neither of those spoilers are really big spoilers of anything. So...feel free to read at your will.

tf

why? Is it even worth it? 

#1684 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,805 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

I mean turtle as in the literal turtle that lives with The Roshi.

Gen got it right on the second one.

Edited by Brandon-X, 22 January 2020 - 01:32 PM.

#1685 M3J

M3J

Captain Fap

• Members
  • 53,821 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ask in PM
  • Twitter: ask in PM

Posted 23 January 2020 - 05:49 AM

ah gotcha. 

https://twitter.com/...876626776891392

but nevertheless, can't wait to get the game tomorrow

#1686 Generations

Generations

Wolf Fang Fist

• Members
  • 92,156 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:29 AM

Something pretty cool, which I only had happen exactly once in combat...

It's possible for both you and your opponent to fire special attacks at the same time and create a power struggle. I did this in the first Goku/Vegeta fight...completely by luck. Fired a Kamehameha at the same time Vegeta fired a Galick gun, and the button mashing that ensued was pretty epic. I'm at about 20 hours into the game now...and I have never done this a second time. The timing seems to be really rare. A fraction of a second late or early, and either your attack hits the opponent, or their attack hits you as normal. It has to be the literal micro-second that the button would be pressed if the cpu was pressing the button. I know it wasn't a scripted part of the battle for two reasons...1) because I know that we both did those moves at the same time. And 2) because I went on to lose that battle and had to fight him again...and that shit didn't happen the next time. Lol.

Edited by Generations, 23 January 2020 - 07:31 AM.

#1687 Fight Me.

Fight Me.

♻️

• Members
  • 46,678 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 09:40 AM

Big facts lmao

Edited by Fight Me., 23 January 2020 - 09:40 AM.

#1688 Spamming Nooblet

Spamming Nooblet

Hammer Time

• Members
  • 7,684 posts
  • SEN (PS3): Im2DamnLegit
  • Steam ID: ultimateshadow10

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:16 AM

Big facts lmao
God I hated that so much back then. Speaking of Budokai, the Kid Buu final boss in Budokai 2 can suck a fat one. I was never the kind of person to rage at video games but, I was damn close to because of that Buu nonsense.

#1689 Brandon-X

Brandon-X

The Most Quotable Man Alive

• Members
  • 22,805 posts
  • Gamertag: ExtremistJaitsu
  • SEN (PS3): Jaitsu
  • Steam ID: JaitsuPatrol
  • Twitter: @Jaitsu

Posted 23 January 2020 - 03:05 PM

I've still got my copy of budokai 2 and always liked its unique story mode. Just wish my ps4 could play it as my PS2 is old and in storage.