The Davey Richards hate.

Oliber.

I've never seen Davey Richards.

add Kevin Steen and El Generico to that list. Theres tons of guys I haven't seen (really only recently started paying attention to wrestling after about a 7 year lay off from it)

maybe sombody can sell me on him or any of the other guys....maybe direct me to some must see stuff them...

• 2 weeks later...

"daveyrichards83 Davey Richards

Pro wrestling is what I do to pass the time between jiu jitsu classes."

@

@KILLSTEENKILL @TheJimCornette its an actual athlete thing kev, you wouldn't understand. #grown men pretending."

Why do people who love wrestling NOT hate Davey Richards?

That's your ROH world champion right there. No passion for the sport at all although he'll act like he has it, he thinks he's above the sport already.

I like Davey as a character at times, I liked him in the No Remorse Corps. But reading tweets like that make me think, *censored* you Richards. Go do MMA.

@

@KILLSTEENKILL @TheJimCornette its an actual athlete thing kev, you wouldn't understand. #grown men pretending."

That's your ROH world champion right there. No passion for the sport at all although he'll act like he has it, he thinks he's above the sport already.

I like Davey as a character at times, I liked him in the No Remorse Corps. But reading tweets like that make me think, *censored* you Richards. Go do MMA.

Yeeeeeah, that made me lose a lot of respect for him as a wrestler. I was at the point where Davey was becoming one of my favorite wrestlers, because I personally love his in ring work (though I never thought it was perfect). But what I really loved was the fact that I thought he loved the hell out of the business, in the same way that I do. Made him relatable, I guess. This...this just shits on all of that. Man, to have a world champion say all that is really a disgrace.

@

Yeeeeeah, that made me lose a lot of respect for him as a wrestler. I was at the point where Davey was becoming one of my favorite wrestlers, because I personally love his in ring work (though I never thought it was perfect). But what I really loved was the fact that I thought he loved the hell out of the business, in the same way that I do. Made him relatable, I guess. This...this just shits on all of that. Man, to have a world champion say all that is really a disgrace.

agreed, RICHARDS TAKE YOUR INTERESTS OTHER THAN PRO WRESTLING AND *censored* OFF

:hqhq:

lol so lame and oversrs

@

Wow. I didn't know he said those things. I don't pay much attention to Twitter... not just with wrestling, I mean in general. (Imagine me confining my thoughts to 140 characters :lol:)

Come to think of it, I don't know that I've ever seen or heard anything from Davey in a non kayfabe situation before. I do vaguely recall an interview where he said he doesn't own a TV and his heroes are all martial artists and farmers. Beyond that, I don't know much about him beyond the ring though.

If this is true, then ya that is disgraceful. I mean seriously Davey, have some respect for the line of work you're in, especially when your company (as small as it may be) decides to focus on you and give you the lion's share of the spotlight. You would think he would at least feel that he owes ROH an effort to act like he takes his job seriously, even on social media like twitter. I could understand him maybe saying some shit like this if he was in the company's doghouse or felt he wasn't getting a deserved push. But he's their fackin golden boy for crying out loud. I still respect his ability, but I hope he realizes the folly of his statements. Sure MMA is real. Sure you can become a huge star in MMA even if you're not a heavyweight (something which may appeal to Richards). But the other side of the coin is that if you lose a few MMA fights straight out the gate... kiss the career goodbye. Nobody is going to want to promote ya with like a 1-5 record. You can go from flipping grapplers to flipping burgers real fast. But in wrestling... well hell there have been comedy jobbers that have held a steady job in wrestling for over a decade. And Davey's talents are vastly strong enough that he won't ever be a curtain jerker, at least not on the indy scene. It's disappointing that he would put the biz'nass down like this because he imagines himself as a mini-Brock or something.

There's no way that Davey Richards really feels that way. Those tweets are so bad you have to either assume that the account isn't really him or he was tweeting in character. I could actually see that attitude working really well as part of a heel gimmick.

I'm pretty sure he's face right now isn't he?

I'm not entirely sure it's his real account, but it was brought up by Steen and others who are truly their real accounts as confirmed by Art of Wrestling.

So, you know. If it's not his I'm sorry if I perpetuated a lie. But I am convinced it's his.

I don't hate Richards for having other interests. I hate him for shitting all over something that is paying his bills. I mean seriously, he's a world champion, he's a poster boy and he tweets shit like that?

I'm not sure how that's over reaction, maybe the word hate just resonates too strongly with some. I should say I really dislike him and this sort of behaviour if it's true.

@

:o He really said these things? I mean, pro wrestling brought you to where you are and he'll act this way? I mean, he's willing to wrestle and entertain the fans, but with stuff like that, he needs to get his head off his ass already...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived