The Rock / Rocky Maivia

WolfgangJT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Wolf,

From what I can gather, and based on the refs that you and others have already supplied, I def agree with a few of the critiques that others have said thus far (most notably, increasing the length of the lower lip, perhaps)...as far as the eyes are concerned, dunno if it's the color distortion from your camera, but they def appear a bit lighter than usual (almost like a light blue-ish/grey to me, so you def need to darken them a bit if they're not already)...again, not trying to repeat what's already been said, and am sure you've already begun working on an update for this.

Also, you could maybe try decreasing the "fat-ness" of his cheeks :lol: ...I know he's put on some weight over the years (especially with his current look as compared to the last time that he actually competed in-ring). So not quite sure if it's just me or perhaps the angle I was looking at the pictures, but I def feel like the cheeks could use a few slight tweaks (maybe bout 10-15 clicks or so, maybe slightly more/or less).

Again, just simply stating an observation, and feel like maybe those "slight" cheek tweaks might help to add a bit more depth to him. Don't get me wrong, I think the morphing that you have so far is quite solid, and those were the only things that kinda stood out to me (even though I think they're only minor details and don't really change much of what you already have previewed so far). Hope these suggestions were somewhat helpful to you (if at all possible).

On a side note:

Another solid effort from you thus far, Wolf, as neither of your CAW's have failed to disappoint this year (even though you started a bit later than usual, but haven't missed a beat since :)). At first, I almost didn't think that you were gonna grace us with your "caw-ing" presence this year (although I think most ppl here sometimes forget the lively obligations that others have outside of gaming, such as taking care of a young family, for instance 8-)). Not really speaking for myself, regarding the family matter, that is (thank god for now, at least :lol:)...I'm just simply stating a matter-of-fact that adheres to almost everyone here (unless of course someone chooses to live like a "bum", like I sometimes have in the past, myself :D).

Hope to see this get released soon (although I've lost some interest playing as of late, so it might be one of the very last ones that I'll download this yr...if I ever get around to playing again, that is).

My fingers hurt now...gee, I wonder why :D

Update has been posted in first post.

Tweaks were done to the eyes (size, height, X-axis, and Y-axis), eyebrows (Y-axis change due to the eye Y-axis change), nose (few points taken off the height), slightly on the cheeks (depth and X-axis), jaw (outline, upperline, and height), and mouth (lower lip width, overall width, upper lip width, and a tad height adjustment)

Also, the first shot shows more the true eye color on it....which is the original color Baron had on it). Keep in mind that as you turn the CAWs angled, THQ has an effect in there that lightens the eyes as if reflection is on it (but the effect we see because they did it very cheaply looks like the entire iris gets lighter :fedup:) If you want to judge if they should be darkened, base off the first far left shot and let me know from that.

...as neither of your CAW's have failed to disappoint this year (

Thanks...sounds like you are behind ^_^ ...I have more than 2 CAWs out (4 released, 2 previewed and not completed yet...plus this one)

1) Goldberg (tweak from Tekkens w/ (-STG-) doing final tweaks...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/395193-tekkenwolfgangjts-goldberg-wolfies-updates/

2) Scott Hall (tweak from lbjthebachelor's w/ APM's attires...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/398827-hey-yowolfgangjtlbjthebachelor-apm-scott-hall/

3) Hollywood Hulk Hogan (started from Tekken's for PT use...then mine and Bhangra's Hogan w/ tweaks from last year face mod done...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/399360-wolfgangjtbhangra-mantekken-hollywood-hogan/

4) Rick Steiner (previewed on the boards and CC...still to complete or release as is)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/395982-woof-woof-if-you-dont-like-me-bite-me-rick-steiner-preview/

5) Bobby Lashley (previewed on the boards and CC...still to complete)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/394639-the-dominatorbobby-lashley-face-preview-atm/

6) Tyson Tomko (just completed and released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/399955-travistyson-tomko-the-problem-solver-all-attires-shown-uploaded/

...and this one. ;)

Plus a collab CAW in the works currently with Bhangra as well. :spas:

>< Yeah, if you can tell me how to get textures in the game...only tekken has been able to figure out a way to actually import textures, and he's been busy as of late. Baron might be working on attempting to PT one, but that's not a definite yet.

>< Yeah, if you can tell me how to get textures in the game...only tekken has been able to figure out a way to actually import textures.

Damn...hmmm what about that petchy guy i may have got his name wrong but he's the one who helped with the scott hall attires again i could be wrong but i think it's him.if he can't do it i say wait till you can get hold of tekken ;)

he's also had the help from tekken...tekken is the only person that figured out a way how to import so far (the game has a check sum issue when trying to do your own PT file from DDS DTX5 files, which makes it always see the PT file as corrupted. Tekken found a very complicated way to work around, but hasn't shared). Anyone else's has come from help he gave (which he's been more busy as of late with his work, so doesn't have as much time atm...understandable).

Update has been posted in first post.

Tweaks were done to the eyes (size, height, X-axis, and Y-axis), eyebrows (Y-axis change due to the eye Y-axis change), nose (few points taken off the height), slightly on the cheeks (depth and X-axis), jaw (outline, upperline, and height), and mouth (lower lip width, overall width, upper lip width, and a tad height adjustment)

Also, the first shot shows more the true eye color on it....which is the original color Baron had on it). Keep in mind that as you turn the CAWs angled, THQ has an effect in there that lightens the eyes as if reflection is on it (but the effect we see because they did it very cheaply looks like the entire iris gets lighter :fedup:) If you want to judge if they should be darkened, base off the first far left shot and let me know from that.

...as neither of your CAW's have failed to disappoint this year (

Thanks...sounds like you are behind ^_^ ...I have more than 2 CAWs out (4 released, 2 previewed and not completed yet...plus this one)

1) Goldberg (tweak from Tekkens w/ (-STG-) doing final tweaks...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum...olfies-updates/

2) Scott Hall (tweak from lbjthebachelor's w/ APM's attires...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum...apm-scott-hall/

3) Hollywood Hulk Hogan (started from Tekken's for PT use...then mine and Bhangra's Hogan w/ tweaks from last year face mod done...released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum...ollywood-hogan/

4) Rick Steiner (previewed on the boards and CC...still to complete or release as is)

http://caws.ws/forum...teiner-preview/

5) Bobby Lashley (previewed on the boards and CC...still to complete)

http://caws.ws/forum...ce-preview-atm/

6) Tyson Tomko (just completed and released on Live)

http://caws.ws/forum...shown-uploaded/

...and this one. ;)

Plus a collab CAW in the works currently with Bhangra as well. :spas:

I was referring to them all, actually :), but perhaps I should've written it as "CAWs" instead of "CAW's" (who knew that you could be gramatically incorrect when referencing to created characters from a video-game, but I digress :XD:).

But yes, I have been following, my friend 8-). In fact, some guy actually sent me a message awhile back on here and asked me if I'd tweak his Lashley for him, but since I don't normally "tweak" CAWs for others (mostly due to time-restraits and other interests like "life in general"....and mainly due to my current lack of interest in CAW makng/gaming altogether), I sent him a link to yours, instead :D. He replied back and told me that he tried to message you for the formula, but said your inbox was full instead (<-- Thank God for noobs and/or ppl who don't bother to read topics, or just simply fail to learn how to navigate around the site, in general...it thoroughly keeps this site entertaining for me :lol:).

I was referring to them all, actually :), but perhaps I should've written it as "CAWs" instead of "CAW's" (who knew that you could be gramatically incorrect when referencing to created characters from a video-game, but I digress :XD:).

It's actually the word "neither" that made me think you were refering to only 2. :ike:

And yeah, looking to get back to Steiner and Lashley soon....though won't help if he's looking for a formula. I don't type many formulas anymore. Most releases I do are through Live...doesn't take as long. Hope he has it.

It's actually the word "neither" that made me think you were refering to only 2. :ike:

And yeah, looking to get back to Steiner and Lashley soon....though won't help if he's looking for a formula. I don't type many formulas anymore. Most releases I do are through Live...doesn't take as long. Hope he has it.

Funny that you brought up "neither", b/c that's originally what I thought you were referring to, but I did write it as "CAW's" so I thought maybe it was just a punctuation error instead...so no worries :). I guess from now on, I will try to be more mindful of my grammar and punctuation around here :spas: (although I am a pretty fast typer, so I'm sure several errors are bound to occur at times). The guy's username is Andrenoriega20 (don't get me wrong...he seemed like a friendly guy, I just had no interest at the time in making tweaks to his Lashley CAW, and since you had already started making an amazing one yourself, I just forwarded him the link to the topic and told him to check it out).

EDIT: I apologize for the constant rambling and going off-topic the other day. I just wanted to share an idea that I had, but after some reflection about it, I feel it was probably best if I had posted it elsewhere. Was in a bit of a weird mood that day (probably due to lack of sleep from night before), and also wanted to express myself a bit, but felt it might've left others with a weird impression of me (which wasn't my intention at all). Although I'm grateful to finally communicate with you all after all these years, I promise that I will try to be more appropriate in my approach, and try not to venture off-topic (unless it relates to the topic and/or it's creator).

So, with that said, I think the update looks spectacular and am definitely looking forward to it's release.

Can't fault it myself, just something about the lip type/colour.... seems wrong.

Problem is, not really sure which way to go for any changes. Some shots (mostly old school) make his lips look red and darker, but tons of current day shots (not from RAW, but actual professional shots of Dwayne) make his lips look a paler pink tone nowadays...so kinda not sure.

No 1 knows the rock better than the rock but i'm in 2nd place for knowing him best lol.....the lips are fine wolf along with the rest of his face.i think if your doing a old school rocky with hair plus if he gets a texture in the future he will sure as hell stand out more ;)

Archived