Aquarium's

FulGore

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

So I had a set back with the 29 gallon tank. The landlord would not allow it(I am on the 3rd floor.) So my girlfriend bought me this 2.7 gallon tank for Christmas. I have two shrimp in there at the moment. I plan on getting a Betta, eventually.

kys7lc2.jpg

So I had a set back with the 29 gallon tank. The landlord would not allow it(I am on the 3rd floor.) So my girlfriend bought me this 2.7 gallon tank for Christmas. I have two shrimp in there at the moment. I plan on getting a Betta, eventually.

kys7lc2.jpg

Damn man, I wanted to post pics of my recent tank setup here but before I could my giant Ryukin goldfish got sick and died. Now I gotta cycle my tank again and get it ready for my next setup. I have a huge spongebob decor as the centerpiece, nice for the little ones in my house but a damn shame about the fish.

@FulGore 2.7 gallons sound pretty small but I can see it's set up nice and with a filter. A betta should do okay in there, I've seen them live in cups at the store so this should be like a mansion for one of those bettas.

It is heavy, but shouldn't cause the structure to collapse lol. If he allows weights for working out and heavy furniture than an aquarium shouldn't be a problem. Oh well, just make the most of that 2.5 and then maybe later you can upgrade.

Especially when you have a fridge with gallons of milk inside it. Our apartment is under new management since the first time I asked about two months ago. Maybe it would be worth a shot to ask again. Not getting my hopes up though.

Even as small as this tank is, I am happy to have it.

I love aquariums (especially the huge public ones with sea animals and whatnot)...but, we have a bad string of luck with having fish as pets. Our well water is full of all sorts of iron and other minerals, and even a common goldfish would die without a ton of chemical stabilizers and shit like that. Just too much work.

I have always wanted to buy a jellyfish tank, though. A) because I love watching jellyfish float around. And B) Because I have limited space in my bedroom, and jellyfish don't need very large tanks...they just go around and around in circles. So...yeah, I want to get some jellyfish eventually.

My filter was not that dirty but I replaced it anyways. Also added an extra filter sponge to get rid of any ammonia. I dont want to do a total water change because this tank has already been cycled and established with all the good bacteria for fish. I even have an African frog and Chinese algae eater in there and they seem to be doing fine, just my big Ryukin that died.

How long was the fish carcass in the tank for?

With new filters, and you treating the water, I think a 50% water change should have been enough. It is a big tank, correct? It might take a little bit for the water to clean up. I would recommend using a siphon to siphon out your substrate, if you haven't already.

This was after I messed around with the decorations, so the water is cloudy. Added piece of granite, and made a cave out of some quartz.

e1GfcDd.jpg

My tank is between 25-29 gallons, so quite big. The fish had been in the tank for 3 weeks and doing fine. My guess is I overfed. Everwhere I looked it said to feed a fish that size 2 to 3 times a week but goldfish are very messy and began to notice some green stuff building up on the back side of the tank, plus all the waste and uneaten food on the bottom. I had to clean it for fear the whole tank would get super dirty and within an hour or so of cleaning it the fish started swimming upside down and the next day it was dead.

Archived