Aquarium's

FulGore

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After getting water in the tank and everything is running, I went with a Hammerhead float algae free glass scraper, because even though they're expensive - they work REALLY well.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Algae_Free_Hammerhead_Float_Plus_Algae_Magnet_Floating_Algae_Magnets-Algae_Free,_Sure_Flow,_Sure_Grip-AF65670-FIMTAMCMFM-vi.html

Basically, yeah... but the high powered magnet that it's attached to does all of the heavy lifting (i.e. glass scraping) for you. I've used several different razor blades to clean the glass on a fish tank, and the Hammerhead float is the most legit of the bunch.

My arms used to go numb after scraping coralline algae from the three viewable sides of a 90 gallon fish tank.

21b4ow1.jpg

This is my aquarium. 20 gallon with some mosquito fish, some guppies, one fish that flows in the dark but I can't remember what it;s called, and some small Goldfish that I got after I took this pic. They really put some color into the tank. I'm really looking to get some glowing LED lights for this tank, hopefully the ones posted above are good so we can get a review on them.

Yeah I had some nice green colored gravel but it got all nasty looking after a few months and it was harder to keep the tank clean like that.Every time I moved something inside the tank a bunch of crap would float up from the gravel and make the water look murky. Going with nothing at all makes it easier to keep things clean.

Archived