Confirmed Roster to date:

Ryu Hayabusa
Ayane
Hayate
Hitomi
Kasumi

Guest Characters:

Akira Yuki

Good fighting game series, one of the reasons I have yet to sell my Xbox 360. I probably play this alot more then Virtua Fighter and Tekken when it comes to 3D fighters, gameplay is easy to learn and very deep.

Been playing the Alpha demo for a few days now, still love it and even if it isn't even in a BETA phase yet, it's still brilliant in my opinion.
Now apparently hackers got to the DOA5 disc demo and located outfit data for ALL fighters in the game, each character is to have 6 costumes including guest characters. Seems real enough to me but nothing is confirmed as of yet but this is the apparent full roster:

Akira

Pai
Sarah
Mila
Rig
Bayman
Hitomi
Christie
Brad
Lisa
Elliot
Ayane
Lei Fang
Hayate
KokoroBass
Leon
Helena
Gen Fu
Kasumi
Hayabusa
Jann Lee
Tina
Zack
Alpha-152

seems logical to me that this would be the entire roster. Nice well balanced number. Not sure bout Alpha-152 being in it...doesn't bother me but still.

Also 2 new fighters, a girl called Mila and a guy called Rig

Anyways, what is everyones thoughts on DOA? let alone DOA5.

The juggling seems much easier than ever before. It will be interesting to see what the series does to try to stay relevant and competitive now that fighting games have had another revival since Street Fighter IV. DOA has never been looked at the way Tekken and Virtua Fighter are in terms of quality but it has always been consistent. I'm more excited for almost every other fighter than this, but it doesn't look bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dead Or Alive has always been one of the fighting games that I've wanted to like, but couldn't as it was on another console (barely played the first, didn't have a PS2 when DOA2 came out, and I don't have an Xbox or 360 for DOA3/4). I did play DOA4 for a bit, and I wasn't really a fan. I guess it's more of the characters that I like, and not how the game plays. However as DOA5 is coming out for PS3, I will possibly get it.

Also, I've heard rumours that Sarah Bryant from Virtua Fighter may also be a guest character.

Not a fan of this series. The controls are just too wonky to understand so I usually just wind up getting my ass kicked. I only win by sheer luck and that's not my idea of a good video game.

Actually, I think I got so pissed off with the fourth one that I ripped it out of my 360 and threw it at a wall.

I'm pretty excited for DOA 5. I haven't played a DOA game since DOA2: Hardcore on the PS2 way back in 2005-ish. It'll be nice to finally play the new characters that have been introduced since then. I'm not really one for guest characters and I pretty much despise crossover games in general, but since I kinda enjoyed VF4, I'll wait and see what I think about the inclusion of Akira. I'll definately be playing as Kasumi, Tina, and Bayman and I'm willing to bet I'll up to playing a few others as well.

Who else thinks that Tecmo's logo looks exactly the same as Namco's logo before the Namco Bandai-thing? Same color and style and all. Anyway, nice vid.

Here is a new trailer of DOA5! :)

Lei Fang vs Zack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A7qaBBsjvs

What did you guys think of this trailer?

What the hell's wrong with Zack's appearance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpXk-dqpvsQ&feature=plcp

Confirmed Now:

1.Kasumi

2.Ayane

3.Hayabusa

4.Hayate

5.Hitomi

6.Christie

7.Bayman

8.Zack

9.Lei Fang

10.Kokoro

11.Tina

12.Bass

Guest:

13.Akira from Virtua Fighter

14.Sarah from Virtua Fighter

Unconfirmed but coming up:

15.Helena

16.Lisa

17.Jan Lee

18.Eliot

19.Brad Wong

20.Leon

21.Gen Fu

23.Rig (newcomer)

24.Mila (newcomer)

Guest:

25.Pai from Virtua Fighter

Playable Boss:

26.Alpha 152

Here is the E3 2012 video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mzMRfRBLs

Here is the collectors edition for Japan (most likely the collectors edition for US & Europe also). Take a look.  

Dead or Alive 5 Normal Edition

Limited to first batch of the game only

- Kasumi and Ayane Sexy Costume Download Serial Code

(* These costumes will be available as paid DLC later after the game is released)

Dead or Alive 5 Collector's Edition

- Kasumi and Ayane Sexy Costume Download Serial Code

(* These costumes are also included in the Normal Edition)

(* These costume designs are different from the Premium Sexy Costumes)

- Official Visual Book

- Original Soundtrack CD

- DOA Character Postcard x8

- Specially made Character Metal Plate x10

- Premium Sexy Costume x12 (for all female characters) Download Serial Code

(* Premium Sexy Costumes will be available as paid DLC later after the game is released)

Preview Screenshot (Kasumi) -

l_4fcde01f0d49b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Want the normal edition for Kasumi's outfit.

You should get the Collectors edition so you could get all the girls sexy swimsuits. But I really like the bunny swimsuits to.

And I think Kasumi & Ayane will have there bunny swimsuits along with all the girls Premuim swimsuits in the collectors edition.

Here is a picture of the collectors edition:

dead-or-alive-5-collectors-edition-600x340.jpg

It comes with

-The Game

-The DOA5 Soundtrack

-DOA5 Cast Poster

-Premuim Swimsuits for the entire female Cast

-Exclusive Steel Case

If you Pre Order the Standard Edition you get this:

GameStop: "DOA Angels" bunny swimsuits for

-Kasumi

-Hitomi