Superstar Ratings

KLIQ4LIFE

Superstar ratings have sucked for a long time. It's beyond obvious this area needs improvement for next year. There needs to be more ratings for specific match types, like if a guy is clutch in ladder matches or a steel cage. Instead of Boo/Cheer, there should be a crowd heat meter. When it teeters around average the crowd will have a mixed reaction. If it's maxed out to heel, the guy should get serious heat in entrance and the match while also doing things a heel would do if the AI is in control (distract the ref, cheat, whatever). So like a rope pin would no longer be an ability, it would just be automatic if your crowd heat meter was swung in the direction of a heel.

Anyway... has anyone messed around with ratings at all? I know the hit point meter must be 100%, so there's nothing to discuss there. But it's ridiculous that a guy like Santino is rated at 84. I'm thinking of re-rating the entire roster. Jobbers would be rated around 50-60, lower mid carders 60-70, mid-carders 70-80, upper card guys 80-90 and top guys 90+. It should be next to impossible to get a win with Otunga vs Undertaker when playing on Legend. If re-rating doesn't make a noticeable difference, all the more reason for the ratings to be reworked in 2k15.

Strike Power and Grapple Power - Santino is rated 75 & 70. Goldberg is 90 for both. Really? Reeeaally? There's only a 15 point difference FFS. If Goldberg is rated a 90 in Strike Power, Santino should be rated between 25-50.

Submission - If the only submission move you've seen a guy do is a front chin lock or an abdominal stretch, he's not a submission wrestler and should be rated accordingly. So a guy like Drew McIntyre who has a submission rating of 75 should really be like 25.

Strike Defense & Grapple Defense - This should be high if a wrestler is more technical and lower for a guy with two left feet like Otunga or Ryback.

Speed - The Great Khali is almost standing-still slow. He's currently rated at 45. What's the point in having ratings go from 1-100 if the lowest rating someone has is a 45? He's the slowest person in WWE history and thus should be rated 1 in speed.

Durability - Heath Slater is a 70. He needs to be like a 25. He's put up no fight on TV since he stopped teaming with Gabriel. Basically any match with Slater where he faces anyone with a 80+ rating should be 1 minute squash match. Like 3-4 moves, signature, finish, pinfall.

Charisma - Mark Henry is rated 85 here. Again, really? He's about as dry as a mouthful of dirt. So if the ratings go from 1-100, should he really be rated 85/100? While I agree his power ratings should be 100, he's one of the least charismatic main event guys (meh) and should probably be rated somewhere around 50.

This is getting kind of long... so I guess just add to this or leave a comment.

Last year over at the 2k forums a user named Kingpin came up with the perfect attribute levels for each guy. You might want to check out his work, I'm sure those ratings still hold up as the core attributes of the game are still identical to wwe 13.

Last year over at the 2k forums a user named Kingpin came up with the perfect attribute levels for each guy. You might want to check out his work, I'm sure those ratings still hold up as the core attributes of the game are still identical to wwe 13.

Sweet. This is great, thanks for sharing the link.

Sweet. This is great, thanks for sharing the link.

No prob bro. And here is the formula he uses. I don't have the direct link, but I copied his settings to a txt file so here they are.

edits.png

Bump.

Been playing with Kingpin's sliders and attributes from the 2K forum and I definitely recommend you guys try it out. I play hard difficulty with quick/normal match pace for weekly shows and then bump it up to legend for PPVs at normal/epic pace. It takes about an hour to set it all up but it's worth it. Don't forget to set the sliders. The only real mod I made to the sliders was I increased the finisher damage to +10 with foreign object damage.

Bump.

Been playing with Kingpin's sliders and attributes from the 2K forum and I definitely recommend you guys try it out. I play hard difficulty with quick/normal match pace for weekly shows and then bump it up to legend for PPVs at normal/epic pace. It takes about an hour to set it all up but it's worth it. Don't forget to set the sliders. The only real mod I made to the sliders was I increased the finisher damage to +10 with foreign object damage.

What does those sliders exactly do? They increase the match time or do the AI get more aggressive? Thanks!

The problem is that everybody looks at the overalls and complains about their favourite being rated to low. Thankfully we have the attribute editor.

OFF-Topic: Mark Henry no charisma? Really?

I'd say he definitely has charisma, but not enough for an 85 charisma rating, though.

• 1 month later...

Archived