Textures online question

Asher

Hi there, i've not been here in a while and just have a couple of questions... sorry if they have been answered, im just wanting to know this in preparation for SvR 2011 incase its possible to do on there.

First of all, does useing Textures hinder anything within the game... not sure why it would, but i thought i'd ask... does it cause any problems ingame

Secondly, is it possible to upload these CAWs onto the community and for others to download them (if they are downloadable do they look correct or will the textures be missing)

Third, im guessing that the textures show up as a paint tool design?

Also, are these CAWs usable online?

Finally, has anyone been blocked from online (if you can use them there)?

[i]*EDIT* as i posted later in this thread... 'so just a usb flash drive... its just in some tutorial it looked like someone was soldering some sort of resistors in there Xbox to allow homebrew stuff... i thought this counted as home brew.'[/i]

Anyway, thats cool, i really want a go at making some textures for SvR2011 if its possible
Thanks, i'm really considering doing this, but i dont want to do anything that could possibly cause problems with my xbox

Oh, and will it work with the new slim Xbox's

[quote name='KillTrigger' timestamp='1286508997' post='7621943']
I think you have to buy this transferring tool thing that costs 50$ im not sure thats what one of my friends told me.
[/quote]

You don't. All you need is a flash drive.

[quote name='Ernez' timestamp='1286512918' post='7622047']
I think you have to buy this transferring tool thing that costs 50$ [b]im not sure thats what one of my friends told me.
[/quote][/b]

[/quote]

read the bolded, i said i didn't know -.-

[quote name='KillTrigger' timestamp='1286513142' post='7622052']
[quote name='Ernez' timestamp='1286512918' post='7622047']
I think you have to buy this transferring tool thing that costs 50$ [b]im not sure thats what one of my friends told me.
[/quote][/b]

[/quote]

read the bolded, i said i didn't know -.-
[/quote]

Okay? I was just correcting you....calm down.

Awesome, so just a usb flash drive... its just in some tutorial it looked like someone was soldering some sort of resistors in there Xbox to allow homebrew stuff... i thought this counted as home brew.

Anyway, thats cool, i really want a go at making some textures for SvR2011 if its possible

[quote name='Asher' timestamp='1286555669' post='7623030']
Awesome, so just a usb flash drive... its just in some tutorial it looked like someone was soldering some sort of resistors in there Xbox to allow homebrew stuff... i thought this counted as home brew.

[/quote]

Yeah, doing something like that will ban your Xbox from Xbox live. It's called jtagging.

It's quite simple, actually and the chances of getting banned are very low.

You need a flash drive and 4 programs, PT Explorer, USBXtaf, Paint.net and Modio.

It's really as simple as just configuring your USB using the Xbox, moving the paint tool file onto your USB then everything else is pretty simple. There are a few YouTube videos up so give it a search and good luck.

Archived