• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

I imagine Lesnars german suplex in Allstars: he grabs him so tight you can hear the sound of bones crunching, then, he jumps up in the air with his opponent, does a spinning 360 in the air, and lets his opponent go from like ten feet in the air.

#42 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts
  • Gamertag: GMaybee

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:46 AM

Cool. I just went through this to check everything. Only really skimmed before.  Suggestions:

Brock's Lesnar's ability-I'm not really sure if this is what you meant by Beast Mode, but it'd be really cool if it it let you german suplex people like crazy, maybe with the single press of a button or a reversal. Also, what do you think of the Belly to Belly as a signature?

Ryback-spinebuster? seems to be one of his bigger moves these days.

Sandow-Corkscrew Neckbreaker or Edge-O-Matic are some ideas for that final slot.

Foley-how about the piledriver? His version is iconic to him. Not exactly sure where to put it though. 

Bray Wyatt-is the Flying Back Elbow that crazy running cross body he does?

Ziggler-gotta get a superkick in there!

Cesaro-if there's room you could do his deadlift superplex

Rick Rude-sitout piledriver signature

that's all I've got.

Thank you for taking the time to read this stuff through. More importantly thank you for the excellent move suggestions, many of which I will implement. You definitely do your research.

I was originally reluctant to add too many similar type signatures, for instance the last game had what 4 atomic drops I think, but then again they we're all different. There were also a few belly to bellys and a few piledrivers. Most of those moves animated the same except for the impact on the victim was different for each. But... some guys are indeed famous or infamous for using certain moves so they need to be there. Right now I believe there is maybe 4 Belly to Belly suplexes on this roster, 1 more I haven't added yet and now Brock...but...Brock's is awesome so I will change it.

Beast Mode was originally just something to show Brock's incredible strength in the Brawler class. He may be the only one capable in that class of tossing any Big Man around with any move he wants. I'm talking guys like Andre, Yokozuna, and Big Show. But I do like the suplex city idea, which is something people would like but would suck to be on the other side of...I will think about it.

I love Cesaro's deadlift superplex I'm just not sure how to set that up for a signature. I mean it seems odd to knock a guy outside the ropes just to lift him back in. I'm still thinking it over.

You are correct about Bray's Flying Back Elbow, I don't know what he calls it, it just seems like he always impacts with the back of his arm and shoulder especially the way he bounces off his opponent.

These suggestions are great also because I can envision playing as these characters and it just makes it feel right. This also gives me the opportunity to refine a few characters.

I imagine Lesnars german suplex in Allstars: he grabs him so tight you can hear the sound of bones crunching, then, he jumps up in the air with his opponent, does a spinning 360 in the air, and lets his opponent go from like ten feet in the air.

That's crazy lol.
I could see him spin behind his opponent, pick them up, short hop forwards ring shaking, falcon scream then flinging them clear across the ring or if close enough to the edge over the ropes. lol

Okay updates made to Brock, Ryback, Sandow, Dolph, Rude, and Foley. Thank you AgeofSandow

Edited by GMaybee, 17 September 2015 - 03:43 AM.

#43 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:39 AM

Added Billy Gunn character breakdown.

#44 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

Added character breakdowns for Daniel Bryan, Neville and Jimmy Snuka.

Edited by GMaybee, 05 July 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#45 AgeofSandow

AgeofSandow

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,417 posts
  • SEN (PS3): AgeofSandow

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:08 PM

more suggestions:

Busikai Knee as a finisher for Bryan. Yes lock became a signature in recent months. Like the rest you did.

Jackhammer or snap powerslam for Gunn. Big part of his arsenal in the Attitude Era.

As for Neville, Super Kick would be perfect for a charge move. Alternate signature ideas, but these are great already: Corkscrew Moonsault Plancha(that dive he does to the outside), multiple rapid kicks followed by basement dropkick, deadlift german suplex.

Glad I could help.

Edited by AgeofSandow, 05 July 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#46 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:30 AM

I may consider the Jackhammer but I already gave one to Ryback, the Snap Powerslam is a great move for a lot of Superstars including Billy, Goldust, and Randy Orton just for starters. I would definitely want it in all of their movesets but I am not sure it is unique enough for a signature. Of course I would love to see Gunn finish off a crazy juggle combo opponent flying off the ropes caught with a sweet powerslam.

Glad you like Neville's moves and thanks for all of the suggestions. It was definitely difficult to pick just 4, I had considered all of the moves you suggested, I just thought that the 3 kicks would be a great combo for him especially if the 3rd kick stuns and buckles his opponent over, setting up that dropkick or a handspring signature. Not all of the acrobats from the first game had charge moves so I've been careful not to give out to many, I think it would still work as a strong strike though. The dive to the outside would definitely be among the 4 dives he would have, I would just hate to have a signature that I didn't get to use very often and may miss just as much.

I had wanted to give Bryan a submission finisher, but what your saying is right that is his most popular and current finisher so I changed it. I think its a good change too, because now it gives his signatures a new set up and the ability to tap you out with them.

Again appreciate the input.

Added character breakdowns for Tyson Kidd and Ric Flair.

Edited by GMaybee, 17 September 2015 - 03:47 AM.

#47 AgeofSandow

AgeofSandow

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Ok, I'm seeing your method to all this. As far as I remember, Gunn's comeback back in the day was a bunch of strike attacks, followed by the snap powerslam, followed by jackhammer, then hits the fame asser after all hell breaks loose in the match. You can have Goldust and Gunn have different ones; the punching combo preceding it sounds excellent, if you still like the idea. 

I still like the Deadlift for Neville. I'll think about it a little more and see if there's a good way to get it in there. 

Flair's is perfect. Excellent job on that one.

Are you trying to not use the sharpshooter as a finisher twice? I see that as his main finisher before he got injured; blockbuster was used a short while on NXT. Sig ideas: Springboard elbow drop, from apron to ring, as it is one of Kidd's trademarks, and really cool too, and the spinning fisherman buster. Would most likely replace with the last 2.  Dungeon Lock and springboard leg drop definitely must stay.

#48 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

I too like Neville's Deadlift German, its just a bit unusual to have a pinning signature and the Ligerbomb would make 2 pinning sigs. On the other hand it could make a cool ground move, especially if the opponent is stunned on his hands and knees.

Glad you liked Flair.

Your right about not wanting the same finisher twice with the sharpshooter. On TV no one else is using it, so I can see why they would want Tyson to use it (legacy), but in a game with Bret Hart I wouldn't want anyone else to have it as a finish. I probably will have to give it as a signature to Sting also. Rock used it in the last game and I think Edge did too, I wouldn't want to water down the threat of the move by giving it to so many people. Maybe I should give him the Dungeon/Hart Lock as his finisher since its a modern variation on the original.

Finishers are tricky to choose for guys like Tyson because as you mentioned look how often its been changed. The Springboard Blockbuster would look sick as a finisher and I think works for him because of his acrobat status, in a game like All Stars he would probably be able to springboard to the outside of the ring to hit it too.

I like the suggestion for the Springboard Elbow as a Signature also good call. I didn't give it to him at first because I wasn't sure how many springboard sigs I should give him, he would have still had it, but it would look so much cooler in slow motion. The Rock also has a Spinning Fisherman Neckbreaker as a signature so I'm not sure about it, the Code Blue would probably look similar in All Stars (Snapmare Neckbreaker with a twist), I kinda like the move, but I will consider it further.

I haven't taken the time to make a complete move set for each character, but I would definitely want to see accurate moves, mannerisms and bumps for everyone, all while trying to keep the game play fun. Thank you for your continual suggestions, you make some really good points. Its nice to get these ideas out of my mind and get other points of view.

Added Iron Sheik character breakdown.

#49 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Added Nikolai Volkoff character breakdown.

#50 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

Added Stone Cold character breakdown.

#51 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Added Chris Jericho character breakdown.

#52 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

Added Finn Balor character breakdown

#53 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

Added character breakdowns for Sami Zayn, Rob Van Dam, and Davey Boy Smith.

#54 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:48 AM

Posted some more unfinished character breakdowns. Very open to suggestions on any changes, input would be appreciated on these and any other characters on the list.

Edited by GMaybee, 17 September 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#55 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:23 AM

Updated Hideo Itami's character breakdown.

#56 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

I was looking at the new encyclopedia book WWE has out and all the guys look like they belong in Allstars 2 lol.

#57 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:39 AM

Added Ultimate Warrior's character breakdown.

I was looking at the new encyclopedia book WWE has out and all the guys look like they belong in Allstars 2 lol.

Yeah I wanted to order that book just for that reason, unfortunately the day I went to order it was the same day all of this Hulk Hogan crap broke out and it wasn't being listed in the WWE shop, he was on the front cove. Hopefully it will get re-released.

#58 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 21,824 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Try amazon bro. I saw it listed for $12 hardcover, the artwork is amazing. I'm about to order it.

#59 GMaybee

GMaybee

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

Expanded on Tag Team Mechanics in part 2.

#60 AgeofSandow

AgeofSandow

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:16 AM

Zayn-Koji Clutch as a signature? 

RVD-rolling thunder as a charge move? hm, interesting.

For British Bulldog, I remember he had a very technical style. So you could do something like the Bret Hart headlock except with Bulldog's own flair-maybe you could watch a few matches for this one. And/or the diving headbutt. His charge move can be a punch or a strong Flair chop.

Samoa Joe-could have tons of fun here. Powerbomb followed by an STF. reverse atomic drop/big boot/running senton combo. Island driver. Corner hip attack/enzuigiri. It would be great if he also had his classic counter to diving moves-by simply moving out of the way casually.

Sin Cara-nice as it is, Samoan Drop would also work for him.

Kalisto-450 splash. gotta have it. maybe even the leg-trap sunset flip powerbomb if you have a spot.

Owens-again, alternatives: swanton bomb, top rope fisherman buster, or how about the apron bomb? Especially the third!

Uhaa Nation-Tombstone piledriver, multiple powerbombs with third being a sitout, Triple german suplex. Can't remember what the All-Out Assault is but it could be one of those.

Christian- rope hanging slap, tornado ddt(could even replace inverted version as it's much more common), spear, sitout gourdbuster

Ultimo Dragon-could give him Asai Moonsault as it's named after him, but I like all those

Stardust-Cross Rhodes or whatever he calls these days. I really couldn't see this as a normal move

Big Show-spear...and there's his entire moveset in 2015.

Andre-I would actually give him the Elbow Drop as finisher. Jumping headbutt was a weird choice in the first game.

Mark Henry-Hall of Pain splash. It's that thing he used to "end" people's careers. World's Strongest Splash. Running Powerslam(his looks different than Bulldog's). Step-on-opponent rope choke

Bossman-yeah, some idiot put waterwheel slam as his sig in wikipedia. He's never used one. Try the front spinebuster.

rest is great.