29 replies to this topic

#21 Stoned Clown

Stoned Clown

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,952 posts
  • Gamertag: WYHA WARCLOWN

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:04 PM

@King of Kong, yes I do, the GAME store I worked at had 2k14 with Warrior still by late feb. Its not a massive seller, stores always stock way more than they've sold preorders for, and they fill their warehouses with the preorder edition.

Preordering is a tactic made by publishers and retailers to scare you into committing to buy now, we're in a digital age where any game can be downloaded at launch and stock can never runout, yet their still trying the same bs. Don't fool for it

#22 huh?

huh?

Opener

• Members
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what 5 star wrestling is gonna be like but I doubt it's gonna be much gameplay. Will it even have storymodes or anything?

I've actually never played any wrestling games outside of the wwe franchise, other then an old wcw vs the world game on ps1. lol

If there's any suggestions of games I should try, if they are cheap to buy. Could someone let me know. I've heard a lot of people talk about fire pro.

#23 King of Kong

King of Kong

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Hey guys!  Sorry it's taking so long to come out with Part 2 of Road to WWE 2K15.  I've been working on a project I've wanted to do for years now, so that's been taking a lot of my time.  Part 2 where I talk about CPU AI will be released August 15th.  Until then, let's do a follow up to Part 1 based on what we know about the game now.

Screenshots

I guess they finally listened to what I was saying about "show don't tell" by giving us a taste of how much the body scanning tech has improved the character models. The Cena and Orton models look outstanding, definitely the best of the series, but I'm still waiting to see them in action.  It won't really make much of a difference how good the models look if the animations aren't up to par.

Showcase Mode

IGN revealed that WWE 2K15 will introduce a new mode called Showcase Mode, a mode in which we get to play out rivalries from wrestling's past.  There will be some rivalries available for DLC, but the two available on disc will be Triple H vs Shawn Michaels, covering their rivalry between 2002 and 2004, and Cena vs. Punk, covering their rivalry from 2011 to 2013.  This seems like another spin on the nostalgia theme (and I've already explained the problems I have with the nostalgia theme), but I don't really have a problem with it.  There are two reasons for this

1. It's not a replacement for career mode.  There's going to be a seperate career mode specifically for created wrestlers (more on that later

2.  It's not being portrayed as the main focus of the game.  Unlike 29 Years of Wrestlemania and Attitude Era mode, Showcase mode isn't being overhyped to the point where it seems like it's the only thing that matters in 2K15.  Showcase mode is being portrayed as just another aspect of a game that has many aspects to it.  That gives me hope.  However, if 2k spends the next couple of months talking about Showcase endlessly, that hope will turn quickly into crippling despair (heh)

Career Mode

Career mode is making a comeback.  Unfortunately, for those who want to play as Damien Sandow and push him through the WWE ranks until he is WWE World Heavyweight Champion, it will be for created wrestlers only.  As someone who is a huge CAW equal rights activist, I'm optimistic.  We haven't seen a major improvement to CAW mode since svr2010, and a career mode made specifically for created wrestlers seems to me to be the perfect time to really give CAW mode a huge overhaul.  There is one point that worries me.  IGN stated that this career mode is heavily based on the My Player of NBA 2K14, but for the PS4 & X-Box One versions of the game created players were non-existent outside of My Player.  If WWE 2K15 is the same way, that would be extremely bad, but then again creation options were never really as big of a  focus in the NBA 2k franchise as they are in the WWE Games franchise, so maybe there's nothing to worry about.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This has nothing to do with anything, but while writing this follow up I found out that Robin Williams died.  He was found dead this morning and it is believed to be suicide.  Apparently he was suffering from suicide recently.  This is horrible news.  As a kid I absolutely loved Genie from Aladdin, and I was trully moved by his performance in The Fisher King.  He's been great in a lot of other roles as well, but those are just the two that stand out for me.

For those who feel like they might be suffering from depression, take it from a guy that's been battling depression for years: it's no joke and it's not something that you can just "get over".  Sometimes it can feel like there is this overwhelming pressure upon you that prevents you from doing anything.  Seek help and do it quickly before it's too late.

http://www.dbsallian..._crisis_hotline

#24 Exorcism

Exorcism

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

That's horrible. I've had been battling with depression for years. My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

#25 Mustacio

Mustacio

That Handsome Devil

• Members
  • 9,331 posts
  • Gamertag: DrMustacio

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about how they move and look ingame, 2k's NBA games are amazingly fluid and great looking.

This looks great, and they've had a year to improve upon the engine.

Edited by Mustacio, 12 August 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#26 Exorcism

Exorcism

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:10 AM

@King of Kong:

Recently I read an article wherein someone from 2k said that NBA 2k15 would once again have a robust create a player system, which should indicate deep customization. Maybe 2k, VC and Yukes will further build on this to make a CAW mode in WWE 2k15 that both has great graphics like NBA 2k14 CAP and great customization.

IGN also mentioned created wrestlers-plural, so I'm sure there's more than one CAW available.
Link:

http://bleacherrepor...ng-kevin-durant

#27 MR.J

MR.J

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

I just pre-ordered the Hulkamania Edition for PS4, mainly because I've decided to take a chance on 2K at least this once anyway. I gave THQ multiple chances year on year which I shouldn't have. Can't change that now . But at the very least I could give 2K a couple chances. I'm gonna keep an open mind, worst case scenario I got until a couple of days before release to cancel if I'm not satisfied with what I see. I mean let's face it where else am I going to be able to play next gen graphics wrestling with Hogan, Sting, HBK etc?TNA haven't made any games in years and now their roster is weak, 5* star wrestling looks awful and wwe 2k14 wasn't the best although better than previous efforts as of late. You can write a analytical article all you like, but the fact remains there is only 2k15 to play moving forward and if you love wrestling you'll buy it because there is no other wrestling game out there, made better with the superstars you wanna play as featured in it.

Edited by MUCKYARSE, 12 August 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#28 Bdon

Bdon

Taxation is Theft

• Members
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

I thought the hulkamania edition was sold out?

#29 Mr. Moyd

Mr. Moyd

Upper Midcard

• Members
  • 2,228 posts
  • Gamertag: Mr Moyd
  • Twitter: @TheBatMoyd

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:55 AM

Oh God, not Robin Williams. One of the legendary actor/comedian. I would have loved to work with him; he's one of my inspirations when it comes to acting. R.I.P, sad news.

But with 2k15, I'm much more interested in the career mode. I want to see how in-depth they are with the mode, how long and diverse it would be, etc. I really want to see some footage on career mode, badly.

I have a feeling that these models will be mind-blowing and spectacular. Both in action and in entrances.

#30 MR.J

MR.J

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

I thought the hulkamania edition was sold out?

Q

Only just been made available in the UK

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WWE 2K15, Sting, WCW, Attitude Era Mode, 30 Years of Wrestlemania, Pre-Order bonus