What do you think of this idea for WWE Universe mode?

I know a lot of people are saying that WWE Universe mode is basically a glorified Exibition, so I thought back to what I actually liked about General Manager Mode in the past games that didn't want me to rip my hair out and sit in a corner rocking back an forth. This is what I came up with, what do you think of this idea for WWE Universe mode?

Power 25: Exactly what it is and was back in General Manager mode, a list of the top superstars/Tag-teams from all brands.

Rating system: Every match on the card, plus the show itself will be rated by how the matches are played out and finished. To show how exciting your matches where, adding up to how exciting your show was.

On/Off Option If you want a Supershow format or Competing Brands format for WWE Universe

Promo Selections spots on each card: 2 for major brands (Examples: Raw & Smackdown), one for Middle shows (If Superstar & NXT Get a spot on the calendar this year).

Noted: No achievements would be tied into this, Trading would not be involved along with Contract signing, morals and Cost (AKA All that made GM Mode want to make us Crawl into a corner ripping our hair out). There would also be no A.I for the second GM, making everything Your WWE Universe still.

good idea. this could do well with my idea of having two dimensional crowds. what i mean by that is have each superstar's crowd reaction based on two things rather than just ''good reaction/bad reaction''. Those being: Volume, Reaction.

Volume = 0-100% would determine the pop a superstar gets (bad or good, its still a pop) (if its 0 then the superstar would come out to no reaction whatsoever, while a 100% would get the whole arena on their feat, chating or booing which the other option will dictate)

The other option being the reaction itself: -100% => 0% => 100% (-100% being completely negative (boos, asshole, you suck chants, etc.) and100% being (cheers, yesyesyes, holyshit chants much like lesnar got, etc.)

This could be used for exibition matches, etc. and if you mix it with your idea, when implementing this to the universe mode, the popularity could dictate the pop volume, while actions the superstar makes can determine the reaction

I was thinking of ways in which universe mode could be improved in WWE 13, i came up with the idea of having two rating bars for 'Popularity' and Appearence'.

The Popularity bar will measure how much of a reaction the superstar would get from the fans.

The Appearence bar will measure how often the superstar is booked for shows.

An example of this would be 'The Undertaker', he is a very popular superstar in the WWE however he only appears around wrestlmania time. Therefore if the bar's were measured on a scale of 1-10 then The Undertakers popularity bar will be 10 but his apprearence frequency rate would be 1.

what are your opinions on this or if you have any other ideas on how to imporve universe mode?

^ Credit for both: http://caws.ws/forum/topic/432680-should-popularity-and-appearence-rating-meters-be-in-universe-30/

I know a lot of people are saying that WWE Universe mode is basically a glorified Exibition, so I thought back to what I actually liked about General Manager Mode in the past games that didn't want me to rip my hair out and sit in a corner rocking back an forth. This is what I came up with, what do you think of this idea for WWE Universe mode?

Power 25: Exactly what it is and was back in General Manager mode, a list of the top superstars/Tag-teams from all brands.

Rating system: Every match on the card, plus the show itself will be rated by how the matches are played out and finished. To show how exciting your matches where, adding up to how exciting your show was.

On/Off Option If you want a Supershow format or Competing Brands format for WWE Universe

Promo Selections spots on each card: 2 for major brands (Examples: Raw & Smackdown), one for Middle shows (If Superstar & NXT Get a spot on the calendar this year).

Noted: No achievements would be tied into this, Trading would not be involved along with Contract signing, morals and Cost (AKA All that made GM Mode want to make us Crawl into a corner ripping our hair out). There would also be no A.I for the second GM, making everything Your WWE Universe still.

good idea. this could do well with my idea of having two dimensional crowds. what i mean by that is have each superstar's crowd reaction based on two things rather than just ''good reaction/bad reaction''. Those being: Volume, Reaction.

Volume = 0-100% would determine the pop a superstar gets (bad or good, its still a pop) (if its 0 then the superstar would come out to no reaction whatsoever, while a 100% would get the whole arena on their feat, chating or booing which the other option will dictate)

The other option being the reaction itself: -100% => 0% => 100% (-100% being completely negative (boos, asshole, you suck chants, etc.) and100% being (cheers, yesyesyes, holyshit chants much like lesnar got, etc.)

This could be used for exibition matches, etc. and if you mix it with your idea, when implementing this to the universe mode, the popularity could dictate the pop volume, while actions the superstar makes can determine the reaction

I was thinking of ways in which universe mode could be improved in WWE 13, i came up with the idea of having two rating bars for 'Popularity' and Appearence'.

The Popularity bar will measure how much of a reaction the superstar would get from the fans.

An example of this would be 'The Undertaker', he is a very popular superstar in the WWE however he only appears around wrestlmania time. Therefore if the bar's were measured on a scale of 1-10 then The Undertakers popularity bar will be 10 but his apprearence frequency rate would be 1.

what are your opinions on this or if you have any other ideas on how to imporve universe mode?

^ Credit for both: http://caws.ws/forum...in-universe-30/

I agree completely, shame it probably won't happen this year but who knows?

In Daniel Brayns words YES! YES! YES! I would love for those things to be in. Personally I loved how GM mode was.

I think having that match flow was a great addition but they should have something that lets pick what superstar threads we want to use without having to exit out.

Do you guys think they should give us the option of adding dark matches or house shows?

For example we want to give someone new the title belt but we don't know how the reaction would be so we do a dark match. Same goes for house shows we can work on talents popularity through house shows.

I would also like to control the rankings as far as who goes for what title. I don't remember but I think HCTP had something like that for season mode. I just want make Cena go for the US belt instead of the WWE or WHC.

^ Credit for both: http://caws.ws/forum...in-universe-30/

If only THQ could do this...great idea though.

Good ideas, but if we're to have GM elements like a rating system, there has to be something to achieve for getting good ratings. I know you wouldn't like that because I think you're problem was that you didn't want to deal with the achievements. But you can't just implement a rating system that doesn't matter to anything. Without a goal to reach in the game, there's no reason to have good ratings.

Good ideas, but if we're to have GM elements like a rating system, there has to be something to achieve for getting good ratings. I know you wouldn't like that because I think you're problem was that you didn't want to deal with the achievements. But you can't just implement a rating system that doesn't matter to anything. Without a goal to reach in the game, there's no reason to have good ratings.

Well I was actually thinking about Career mode in Smackdown Vs Raw 2009, for a Superstar or Tag-team to get a title they'd have to have a certain amount of Decent rating matches before the pay-per view. I think people just liked to know that the show they put together was getting good ratings, not that they had to beat out the other GM.

Well I was actually thinking about Career mode in Smackdown Vs Raw 2009, for a Superstar or Tag-team to get a title they'd have to have a certain amount of Decent rating matches before the pay-per view. I think people just liked to know that the show they put together was getting good ratings, not that they had to beat out the other GM.

That I could go for. The ranking system might make sense that way too. The better the matches someone has, the more they might work up the ladder.

Archived