Super Mario Maker

WarGreymon77

I have played some of each of them, except for Wooly World, and I would say that SMM, in my opinion, goes up there with Smash and Splatoon with best Wii-U titles. While the game does lack a couple things we'd all like to have (just as any game does), it does have a LOT of content, as well as endless re-playability. Once you have unlocked everything in the game (which takes about 5 or 6 days to do if you do it right, or an hour or two if you do it the cheap way), there are SO many possibilities for what you can do.

Straight up platforming level? Of course! Want to make Mario Paint style music? Here, take these red note blocks that change the pitch of the note according to where you place them vertically on the map. What about something more challenging, perhaps nearly impossible? No problem, as long as you're able to beat it yourself, you can share it with the world. You can even make some pretty in-depth puzzle-based levels with enough thought (I've played some AMAZINGLY thought out levels).

TL/DR: I'd say you should definitely have it in your top 5 if you like creation in video games, top 3 if you like platformers. It has the feel of a top-notch Nintendo game with endless possibility, and is polished like a gem. If you're wanting Wooly World, SMM is a must.

We may, in fact, be getting slopes in the future as DLC.

Nintendo recently revealed a Super Mario Maker stage for Smash Bros Wii-U & 3DS. This stage randomly builds stages for you every time you enter it. What is interesting is that it builds levels with slopes as well as lava floors not seen in a castle environment. Perhaps a hint at what we can expect in the future for SMM? We do have a bar of resources saved for DLC, after all.

Should I buy this?

I mean, this game just came out left field for me despite me seeing some news about it.

This is not on my Wii U radar as opposed to other ones that I really want.

Like Bayonetta 2, Smash, Splatoon, Wooly World. What do you say? Buy or sell?

Buy everything you just mentioned

Archived