Fantasy Booking: Neville and the Intercontinental championship (Long Read)

lightning116

I mentioned in an earlier thread about my fantasy booking for Adrian Neville that would lead up to SummerSlam.

So here we go.

We all have our major differences when it comes to how WWE should utilise the talent that they have at the current moment. But we all can agree on one thing: WWE really needs some new stars right now. It's almost inexcusable that they've waited until John Cena is almost pushing 40 to finally decide 'oh crap we need new stars to revolve around him' now after blowing chance after chance after chance with so many others from 2005 to, well, now. And from the looks of the talent pool that they've got at the current moment, it would take a miracle for WWE to screw that up (which they have done a great job at every once in a while). I'm looking at the NXT talent and I see Kevin Owens and Finn Balor as the ones that will stand out and become the next 'top guys' of the company with everyone else flourishing in the upper to midcard region and a decent tag team division that can work. Can it be done? Absolutely? Will it be done? Absolutely not, especially with WWE's mentality.

So with that out of the way, let's get down to business. Daniel Bryan had to forfeit the Intercontinental title last week and hopefully he goes under the knife, gets the necessary surgery and takes the necessary time needed to fully heal and come back at 110%. Now with the title being decided in the Elimination Chamber in Corpus Christi (atrocious crowd, yes, but the only place in Texas apparently that can support the chamber), I say put Neville in the chamber and have him walk out as the Intercontinental champion. Before you do that, it's best to have Neville look strong first. Beating Barrett isn't enough. Have him beat Rollins clean, have him beat Orton clean. Just give him some quality wins on the way to Corpus Christ. It doesn't matter who they put inside that chamber (I see it being Ziggler, Neville, Sheamus, Barrett, Ambrose and Big Show) as long as Neville ends up winning the whole thing.

Now with Neville as the Intercontinental champion, he's gotta be given more TV time, newer opponents to beat clean and of course, he has to talk. Screw Kevin Dunn and his apparent hatred of people who have weird accents. I've heard Neville talk in sit-down interviews and he's decent. And it doesn't have to be anything heavily scripted. It could be 'I am the Intercontinental champion and it doesn't matter who you threw at me, you'll have to kill me to take this title off of me.' Simple and effective. So along the way Neville looks strong as the Intercontinental champion even in defeat. And there's where Rollins come to mind. He beat Neville on his second night, have Neville beat him on Raw and you can have a PPV main event with Rollins and Neville for the WWE title on a throwaway PPV (Battleground) and get away with it. Obviously Rollins has to win clean. You're protecting your champions of course leading to SummerSlam.

Now somewhere along the road to SummerSlam, you have Neville watch Cena perform during a US Open challenge and retain the United States title. From there Neville congratulates him on the win and openly challenges him for the United States title while putting the Intercontinental title on the line at SummerSlam. Why? Neville hit Cena with the Red Arrow and Rusev interfered. It saved Neville and his finisher in one-go. Hell, have him drop a diss on Cena by saying ' I didn't need a Russian sympathiser to save my ass when I know I was beaten as the Intercontinental champion.' Yes it would make him sound like a heel but the fans would not allow it. They tried it with Daniel Bryan and the fans put a big 'F-U' to that.

So here we are at SummerSlam, in New York no less, with Neville and Cena unifying the midcard belts. We finally put an end to the whole 'would Neville had beaten Cena with the Red Arrow' debate. Cena goes for an FU and Neville counters with a stunner, into a superkick, for a Red Arrow and the clean pin. After the loss, Cena shakes Neville's hand, hugs him and raises his hand and endorses him. New.....star.....made. And I came up with that in less than a minute.

Of course, they won't do anything of this and go with Big Show, Wade Barrett or worst Sheamus. Whatever. Just let me know what you think.

Most of us wanted something like this to happen with Ryback and Rusev at Mania..but since this involves the golden boy it has more chance of happening. smh.

Archived