WWE 13 is still too easy

CM_EDGE

The grappling mechanics is one reason why it's rather easy to reverse imo. It's setup to where u have to chain grapple for nearly the whole match. How does that make it easy u say? Well for starters, u get two opportunities to reverse. One for the initial chain grapple and one for the actual grapple move, so it's fairly easy to adjust and anticipate when someone is about to execute a move. In addition to that, it's kinda unrealistic because in real life u don't see superstars chain grapple damn near the whole match. Second thing I consider flawed within this system is the slight pause between a chain grapple hold and grapple move. Now I don't know about u guys, but for me I like to execute moves on the fly. As soon as I chain grapple, I want to go right into a grapple move. If any of u played WWE All Stars, you'd know what i mean. That game also had a chain grapple system, but it allowed us to go straight into the grapple move if we wanted. From instance, if u were to press A (to engage chain grapple) then A again rapidly, it would flow right into the desired grapple move. Kinda gives u the illusion that u never executed a chain hold in the first place.

If the WWE series were to make the grappling system as smooth and swift as All Stars, then we'd probably have more challenging and exciting matches (in that aspect at least). The A.I. still has to play it's part in bringing aggressiveness.

Hard to believe THQ never tapped into all the potential exhibited by All-Stars, amazing.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After two days with the game, and a finished AE Mode (on Legendary) I have to agree, this game is way to easy. The reversal rate is relatively good but the aggressivness is just bad. Really. Just. Bad.

It sounds like I made the right choice by not pre-ordering this game then. That's really unfortunate to hear.

So it's "really bad", but how much worse is it than WWE '12? Because I thought WWE '12's AI was awful. I can't imagine it being too much worse.

I feel like it's better than WWE 12. It's just that, when the AI reverses, it just stops for about 2 seconds. And you are allmost allways able to hook up before they start to continue their attacks. Sometimes, there do keep on attacking, however, these are annoying running grapples spams when they stand right in front of you. (And that does look awful...) The game itself is better. A lot of details and stuff that add to the overall experience, but the raw gameplay is not really better. I wish they would add a game slider like Fifa 13. There, you can choose a option for the CPU that's called something like "A.I. Offense" and they do play more of a attacking style then. That would be amazing for WWE 13.

THANK YOU! Thats what i mean.

Another thing. About nearfalls, after 25 hours gameplay, i think i never got just 1 nearfall, not on normal or epic. Eather the opponent quickly kicks out after 1 or the cover goes to 3.

What about you? :(

(Yes in roll ups i have a two count if the opponent reversal the move but i mean real nearfalls)

I had a few near-falls, some off roll-ups with no reversals, and some after hitting finishers. I got a near-fall out of Punk after sending him through the top of a Cell as well.

Archived