CONFIRMED!?? You CANNOT edit movesets on CAWs

McCHitman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, if there was a 3D Fire Pro with a improved striking system it'd be great!

But then again, it being in 3D would probably clear up a lot of those problems.

I'm still messing around with edits years after picking up FPR.

there is one for the xbox - didnt you check the wonderfully made, best wrestling game ever with thousands of flashy moves -"We have everything you’ve come to expect from the Fire Pro Wrestling series." THE 3D FIRE PRO WRESTLING ..

Boom... I called it. I said when this was announced it'll be half arsed when they'd release it and it seems that a completely stripped down CAW mode is just the start of this game's flaws.

People making excuses that it's a new game... different from the SVR franchise.

Well Legends of wrestling on the PS2 and Xbox got it right all those years ago... and Even TNA impact was a fantastic start to what could have been a better wrestling series than SVR. If Midway hadn't gone bust sadly.

All Stars just seems like a far from finished title... but hey it's THQ. I'd expect nothing more. :hqhq:

Not the case at all. It's simply not the direction it's going in added to the time it took to create this game and where we had to stop.

But that's a great theory, man. It's cool to say things are "half arsed," as long as we're talking about your opinion of what "half arsed" is. If that's not having SvR's CAS mode, then all the power to you man!

Marcus, don't even give this guy the attention. He's one of the "THQ Boycotters" it's honestly quite pathetic.

LOL! Screw you mate. I'm the one who made the friggin sign in the first place.

Marcus is very aware of my thoughts and opinions on THQ's current generation of SVR games. You need to do some research buddy over at Brienj's website if you want the full picture about what THQ has removed and hidden from previous SVR games all the while telling us lies and twisting the facts.

My point is backed up by actual evidence that THQ removed more than they put in only to charge you for the same stuff the year after, as a Consumer I have a right to voice my opinions in a clear manner when Marcus has openly requested us to be more vocal on the matter. It's not a personal stale on Himself, it's just making other people aware on this forum & others that things aren't right with this franchise and that we would like improvements.

Regarding All Stars, it's a new game designed by an in house company at THQ that has a bad history in the last few years with developing other games in the Wrestling franchise. All i'm saying is, how come lesser funded developers can produce high quality first generation games and yet THQ with 10 yrs experience seem to be failing to do so.

The only time I ever do anything with creating a superstar is if there is an achievement for it (and sometimes not even then). A limited CAS mode means very little to me. It's not that I am excusing any company for not giving people something they seem to think they have some preordained right to have but just stating a fact that concerns me and only me. What I don't understand is that even though it has been stated countless times that you can't treat this game as a standard "Sim" wrestling game there are still people bashing the game for not having everything the SvR series has. Everyone has their right to their opinions. If someone gets on here and states how much they hate the game it isn't going to make me not buy it. Also, if anyone gets on here and says how much they love the game it won't sway me toward the same. I can make up my own mind and don't need to rely on someone else to have an opinion for me.

Oh but GOD DAMN it.

Even if this ISNT a wrestling "simulator" like Smackdown VS Raw, CREATING YOUR OWN CHARACTER IS NOT SOMETHING THAT IS EXCLUSIVE TO A WRESTLING GAME. >_> God damn it. It's just a really fun thing that you can do when playing ANY kind of game and it takes it to a whole other personal level.

I can pretty much say to these people complaining about CAW Mode, that this is a FIGHTING game in the "outfit" of a wrestling game. WHY CANT PEOPLE REALIZE THIS YET?! Count how many fighting games have a Creation mode, I bet you can on one hand. [unless you are missing fingers]. You people obsessed with CAW mode are ridiculous.

Stop debunking complaints and excusing the flaws with this game. It makes you wonder if you happen to be working for THQ.

Def Jam Fight for New York is a fighting game that started out as a wrestling game, and it has a very detailed Create-a-Fighter with many clothing customisation options. Heck, better then some SVR. Mortal Kombat Armageddon even has a create-a-fighter.

It's NOT something that is impossible to do so stop trying to make it sound like such a damn unlikely and divine thing to put in a game. This is a WRESTLING game when everything comes around. It is not a simulator, no, it is more like a pure arcade wrestling game but as such it is STILL a wrestling game and creating your own wrestler is a big part of the enjoyment with a wrestling game. At least for me.

Personally I don't think that there is any excuse for why there isn't even a slightly in-depth CAW mode. I would assume that they just didn't have time to make it better.

Go online in SvR.

Join Ranked Match.

Fight JTG/Alien wanna-be with nexus armband and freezed hacked moveset.

While All-Stars, everyone will have similar movesets and it'll be great because there'll be no "nooby movesets" (unless Triple H or Rey or something have extremely annoying moves.)

Furthermore, this is ridiculous of you to say. Now you are taking a flaw with the game and trying to turn it around into a good thing. You could say it's a safety procedure, sure. But it completely removes the element of creativity. How is it going to be full of variety if everyone have the same move-sets?

Don't like it, don't buy it. That simple. You "boycott THQ" guys are never happy.

This IS a forum and it is made for people to voice their opinions. It is not a "worship THQ gaming central" so stop trying to ostracize everyone who doesn't agree with you.

It's true, it may drop in price, but I'm glady paying full price on release to show my support to THQ in hopes that something other than SVR is offered in the future.

Flawed logic. Might be a noble gesture but it only leads to a company exploiting people with your mentality. Thanks to people with your mentality, they don't really have to work hard. People buy the shit anyway.

Oh that's cool. I guess next year we can change moves because the developers didn't have time to incorporate that.

Christ people, how can you consider that a development? We have to wait for the next installment just to edit moves?

It should have been in regardless. Ever time I hear the stupid 'We aren't going for realism so you don't need this or that' I feel like smashing a bottle and thrusting it into someone's chest.

Yea it's an arcade based fighting game , not a simulation but that doesn't take away the fact that it's a WRESTLING game. Is that too much to comprehend? They still have specific moves that make them unique and us not being able to do that with our creations really kills off whatever hope for the mode I had to begin with.

Furthermore,the excuse of online balance is a pile of sh*t. It's called preference. They choose what THEY want in the game and what THEY think is good. I know they come here and try to converse with us but at the end of the day it's still THEIR game and not ours.

Now it's time for someone to come in and make a comparison to another game AKA No Mercy and use that as an excuse.

To the person who cited Def Jam Fight For New York--that game didn't allow you to chose your movesets either. You could pick a fighting style and a finisher. Sound familiar?

The All-Stars team has said again and again that each character in this game is unique, blending fighting styles and abilities. In the Roddy Piper/Sheamus match, they mention that Sheamus is the only character in the game who can chain combo moves into a signature. How do you propose they give the freedom to make unique movesets to the player without having them abuse it and make the game unbalanced? Could the player blend fighting styles? Could the player use the unique abilities of in-game characters? I'm sure these are all questions the dev team had to ask before deciding that it wasn't going to work in this first iteration.

This is a fighting game. Read that sentence over until it sinks in. Stop demanding that it be Smackdown vs Raw. You still have that game for all your customization needs.

Don't like it, don't buy it. That simple. You "boycott THQ" guys are never happy.

This IS a forum and it is made for people to voice their opinions. It is not a "worship THQ gaming central" so stop trying to ostracize everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Go back to the general chat section where your stupidity is accepted.

To the person who cited Def Jam Fight For New York--that game didn't allow you to chose your movesets either. You could pick a fighting style and a finisher. Sound familiar?

The All-Stars team has said again and again that each character in this game is unique, blending fighting styles and abilities. In the Roddy Piper/Sheamus match, they mention that Sheamus is the only character in the game who can chain combo moves into a signature. How do you propose they give the freedom to make unique movesets to the player without having them abuse it and make the game unbalanced? Could the player blend fighting styles? Could the player use the unique abilities of in-game characters? I'm sure these are all questions the dev team had to ask before deciding that it wasn't going to work in this first iteration.

This is a fighting game. Read that sentence over until it sinks in. Stop demanding that it be Smackdown vs Raw. You still have that game for all your customization needs.

I'm pretty sure they said Sheamus was the only brawler, not character, but anyway, this is a fighting game. Go play Marvel vs Capcom 3 and tell me it sucks because you can't edit ANYTHING.

You sure showed him, big boy.

I think i'll just rent the game for a week instead of buying it then...

CAW mode is what keeps us all interested in the game. If we can't do this and we can't do that it's going to get boring alot quicker.

Entrances I'm not surprised about though considering they only have a stage and ramp entrance, I will be turning entrances off I think (if we're able to do that).

I think i'll just rent the game for a week instead of buying it then...

CAW mode is what keeps us all interested in the game. If we can't do this and we can't do that it's going to get boring alot quicker.

Entrances I'm not surprised about though considering they only have a stage and ramp entrance, I will be turning entrances off I think (if we're able to do that).

100% agree with this... it's a shorter summed up point of what I was blabbering on about. Just the little things that make this game look too unappealing. Whether THQ try to justify this as a fighting or a wrestling game, doesn't take away the fact that other games have come about 5-10 yrs before this and done a better job at producing a more presentable finished product.

I'm a huge fan of CAW mode and use it all the time in the SvR series, mainly because I don't follow wrestling on television these days (stopped watching around 2001) and have no idea who 1/2 the SvR roster is each year. But with Allstars, I know most of the roster, so for once I'm not making such a big deal over CAW mode. As long as it's there and I can make a few guys I'm happy, despite how limited it will be compared to SvR. For the first time in a long time I see myself using more of the official roster than CAWS for a WWE game.

Someone mentioned the Def Jam series. (EXCLUDING ICON, WHICH SUCKED). Those were some good games. If they would have stuck with that formula for the current gen of systems, and made ICON the second coming of Fight for New York, we would prolly still be playing it as the best wrestling game on this gen of systems...You couldn't pick moves though, fighting styles. The CAF was sorta limited, but the clothing wasn't. It was good because it was made by EA and AKI....I wonder if we could get that combo back EA and Syn Sophia for a wrestling game!!!!

I don't think the limited CAW mode will kill this game. I find it quite laughable though, to implement it, have baseline customization. If I played this I wouldn't even mess with the mode honestly.

Allowing people to express their opinions on something does not count as stupidity.

Someone mentioned the Def Jam series. (EXCLUDING ICON, WHICH SUCKED). Those were some good games. If they would have stuck with that formula for the current gen of systems, and made ICON the second coming of Fight for New York, we would prolly still be playing it as the best wrestling game on this gen of systems...You couldn't pick moves though, fighting styles. The CAF was sorta limited, but the clothing wasn't. It was good because it was made by EA and AKI....I wonder if we could get that combo back EA and Syn Sophia for a wrestling game!!!!

Oh man, that is like a wrestling fans wet dream. It's such a terrible shame that they made something as shitty as Def Jam Icon. If they had just taken Def Jam FFNY and expanded upon it with new levels, some minor details and more customization for your character it would have been completely AWESOME. Def Jam FFNY is a extremely good game as it is.

Did you know? That Def Jam Vendetta was actually intended to be a WCW wrestling game at first.

The game's engine was originally designed for use in a sequel to EA's WCW Mayhem, but EA lost the WCW license when the wrestling company was purchased by the World Wrestling Federation in 2001.

6pqezih.jpg

85vl9w1.jpg

7y2gh3b.jpg

Allowing people to express their opinions on something does not count as stupidity.

Oh man, that is like a wrestling fans wet dream. It's such a terrible shame that they made something as shitty as Def Jam Icon. If they had just taken Def Jam FFNY and expanded upon it with new levels, some minor details and more customization for your character it would have been completely AWESOME. Def Jam FFNY is a extremely good game as it is.

Did you know? That Def Jam Vendetta was actually intended to be a WCW wrestling game at first.

The game's engine was originally designed for use in a sequel to EA's WCW Mayhem, but EA lost the WCW license when the wrestling company was purchased by the World Wrestling Federation in 2001.

6pqezih.jpg

85vl9w1.jpg

7y2gh3b.jpg

The first time you have blown my mind.

I think it just shows that if someone else stepped into the arena of making wrestling games we could get something that is top notch quality. That WCW game was in the far reaches of my mind, and I totally forgot about it until just now. We had backstage mayhem, so I don't know how fun that would have been without rings, but who knows.

Think about the Def Jam series though. If you add what Vendetta had with Fight for NY, you have a full on assualt of greatness. If you add some more moves and what not, that game would be awesome. Vendetta had the rings, and the backstage area styles of Fight for NY is way better than anything the SvR series has ever had. I'm counting that Here comes the Pain helicopter stuff too.

I'll never hold my breath, but If they take the All Stars look, and go the sim route with it, and do things right, we could be playing a really good game in the coming future.

Archived