CONFIRMED!?? You CANNOT edit movesets on CAWs

McCHitman

Marcus, a few questions about the move restrictions.

1. Are we allowed to choose signature moves as finishers since they have the effects applied to them as well? And if not, is it possible that this option could be considered for an update?

2. Would it be possible to add a "choose your signature" option? Which wouldn't be as easy as the first request, but would certainly give us little more freedom with our CAWS moveset.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't make caws anyway so I don't care. The only thing that annoys me is that I haven't seen last ride or gutwrench powerbomb yet.

i think it's on the Swagger/Slaughter Facebook Match

Swagger had the ankle lock and not the Gutwrench.

The THQ cynics often fail to remember that the best wrestling games ever made were THQ produced. No Mercy, Here Comes the Pain, SVR 2006. If we can fault THQ for anything, it's that they've raised the bar so high over the past 10 years that fans now expect 50 different match types and the ability to create or edit anything and everything in every single wrestling game. It really is an uphill battle to introduce a new IP like All-Stars these days.

The moveset editing isn't an issue that really bothers me. Frankly, I don't really use the create feature in Smackdown games anymore. Putting three hours of work into a creation is exhausting, and by the time I'm finished I don't feel like playing anymore. My thought process is that if I'm going to put that much time into a project, I'd rather it be something more productive. But I might actually tinker around with a streamlined CAW mode. More power to the people who enjoy the depth of SVR--you'll still have your game, same time every year.

Yeah, there's a handful of things I'd change about All-Stars if I were the creative director, but I'm not, so I'm willing to go along for the ride and I'm excited to see if it plays as good or better than it looks in motion.

This 100%

That's set my mind up. :poo:

Done, you can keep it THQ... I'd rather have my money and a stress free game that won't cause me to be more angry than excited.

Yeah, I was pissed that someone like Rick Rude wouldn't make it in while Michal Hayes gets to enjoy another royalty check he doesn't deserve.. But yeah, I'm done. It's cool that they got Hogan, Warrior, and Savage in the same game.. but so did ShowDown - Legends of Wrestling. I might buy this game when the price drops and I can get it used for like $5, but I won't be pre-ordering it and I won't be buying it new.

Not sure why people keep complaining over this game not having things SvR has. SvR is a game that has been in Development for over a decade and will have more Features/ Options.

AND I will say it Right now. WWE ALL STARS GAMEPLAY Quality > SVR GAMEPLAY Quality

Charles I understand your point and agree 100% I feel SvR needs to borrow some ideas from All-Stars (would be a great topic for Cawscast besides your beard lol jk) But I think many issues come from the price of the game. SVR 2011 is priced at $60 and a less developed game like All-Stars is the same price? I don't see myself paying $60 dollars for it (no offense THQ) The WWE All-Stars game looks great but I will play the demo before I even think of purchasing. I can see myself buying the game for $35-$40 price range.

Would love for your thoughts on this pricing issue and can things from All-Stars be brought over to SVR games?

Not sure why people keep complaining over this game not having things SvR has. SvR is a game that has been in Development for over a decade and will have more Features/ Options.

AND I will say it Right now. WWE ALL STARS GAMEPLAY Quality > SVR GAMEPLAY Quality

Charles I understand your point and agree 100% I feel SvR needs to borrow some ideas from All-Stars (would be a great topic for Cawscast besides your beard lol jk) But I think many issues come from the price of the game. SVR 2011 is priced at $60 and a less developed game like All-Stars is the same price? I don't see myself paying $60 dollars for it (no offense THQ) The WWE All-Stars game looks great but I will play the demo before I even think of purchasing. I can see myself buying the game for $35-$40 price range.

Would love for your thoughts on this pricing issue and can things from All-Stars be brought over to SVR games?

WWE ALL STARS was developed in house by THQ San Diego and SVR is developed by Yukes. They wouldn't be able to just transfer things because they are on two different engines. They could however say they like the way this is in All Stars and create it in SVR.

WWE ALL STARS was developed in house by THQ San Diego and SVR is developed by Yukes. They wouldn't be able to just transfer things because they are on two different engines. They could however say they like the way this is in All Stars and create it in SVR.

Thanks for answer Charles...I can see so many possibilities with THQ Sand Diego helping on Smackdown vs RAW....but I don't want to hype myself up and get ahead of myself. I just like the animations and smoothness (if that's the correct term, the sounds of the crowd, the sound of the mat, the chants, new cage match features, and the focus on movesets as Tank has said on THQ's videos.

@ The Alex when I say less developed I was referring to the amount of time that has been invested in the Smackdown Series...The game doesn't have everything like Smackdown vs RAW which I'm not complaining about...I understood when announced that the game would have less I just thought THQ would "consider" lower the price of the game. Taking into consideration 1st year release, less superstars than other games, create-a-wrestler has less, and less match types. My point is how can you say SvR 2011 is $60 and All-Stars is equally priced...Just my idea I would have lowered the price on All-Stars and made up funds with DLC.

atleast svr could learn from all stars and bring in fluid gameplay .... but both games are totally different - like maybe comparing mario kart with super mario bros - eventhough it has the same characters, the gameplay is completely different :)

How is All-Stars less developed?

It seems like many people demand quantity over quality when it comes to their wrestling games. They want the match types, the creation features, the bells and whistles. Why should they pay $60 for a steak when they can get 60 McDonald's double cheeseburgers for the same price? (Figuratively speaking of course...and presuming All-Stars is as fun as many sites are claiming.)

Have you ever played the Money in the Bank match in SVR 2011? It's completely broken, frustrating and not fun. Same goes for the Championship Scramble (and frankly, most match types involving 6 characters.) They are a mishmash of collision problems and wonky chaos. I really do enjoy the SVR series, but it could benefit from scaling back some of the extra matches and features that don't work propely. But we all see what happens when the SVR team removes features...

I personally think the game looks great. I can also work around the moveset finisher situation. i just want more than 10 caw slots. and have additional preset movesets in the game would be nice to. People have said it only has ten some say it could have more. Waiting to know for sure before i make my complete decision. But love the idea of the game looks super fun.

Im not to bothered by that, only because i know not to take this game all that seriously to begin with. But like someone said if this kind of thing ever happened in the main svr games then i would probably flip out and go on vicious rampages.

Boom... I called it. I said when this was announced it'll be half arsed when they'd release it and it seems that a completely stripped down CAW mode is just the start of this game's flaws.

People making excuses that it's a new game... different from the SVR franchise.

Well Legends of wrestling on the PS2 and Xbox got it right all those years ago... and Even TNA impact was a fantastic start to what could have been a better wrestling series than SVR. If Midway hadn't gone bust sadly.

All Stars just seems like a far from finished title... but hey it's THQ. I'd expect nothing more. :hqhq:

Not the case at all. It's simply not the direction it's going in added to the time it took to create this game and where we had to stop.

But that's a great theory, man. It's cool to say things are "half arsed," as long as we're talking about your opinion of what "half arsed" is. If that's not having SvR's CAS mode, then all the power to you man!

Marcus, don't even give this guy the attention. He's one of the "THQ Boycotters" it's honestly quite pathetic.

If you had a hex editor you could edit the moves in CAW...just put it in the ****ing menu, it isn't ****ing hard! Gah, there is no excuse Marcus, it is just being lazy. Nobody is asking for SvR's CAW mode, quit saying that. This is a simple feature that heavily effects gameplay; it isn't just some extra frills that people are complaining about. It doesn't take 10 years of development to figure this out...

Why'd THQ ditch AKI, anyway? World Tour, Revenge, WM2000, and No Mercy > Every Yukes wrestling game

I don't know if that's the case. I loved Toukon Retsuden 2, and the Wrestle Kingdom games, even though not as deep as others, had good stuff going.

Lets not forget KOC...

I've seen people talk about wanting all these game modes and what not. I'm the opposite. If you give me belts, created or not. CAWs, singles, tag, triples, and multi man matches with weapons. I would be a happy camper. As long as the moves are on point and the controls are good, I'm a content guy. How long has Fire Pro Returns been out? That game is still great. If that was 3D I would never buy another game again.

Archived