CONFIRMED!?? You CANNOT edit movesets on CAWs

McCHitman

I honestly can't believe some of you don't mind. I don't know if you're on bandwagon for this game or what.

It just is gonna show the repetitiveness of this game. Mark my words, it'll end up like TNA iMPACT & LOWM and be on the $20 shelf soon.

Not everyone messes with CAW mode.

It's true, it may drop in price, but I'm glady paying full price on release to show my support to THQ in hopes that something other than SVR is offered in the future. And this has a better shot at doing so than LoW which was dead in the water when that demo was released revealing its terrible gameplay. All Stars has a better chance capturing the all important casual wrestling fan and gamer. Luring back people that became disenfranchised with the company over the years, and possibly drawing them back to the WWE's television offerings.

And not a lot of folks (especially back then) cared about TNA. It had a lot to overcome regardless of if it was a good game or not.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boom... I called it. I said when this was announced it'll be half arsed when they'd release it and it seems that a completely stripped down CAW mode is just the start of this game's flaws.

People making excuses that it's a new game... different from the SVR franchise.

Well Legends of wrestling on the PS2 and Xbox got it right all those years ago... and Even TNA impact was a fantastic start to what could have been a better wrestling series than SVR. If Midway hadn't gone bust sadly.

All Stars just seems like a far from finished title... but hey it's THQ. I'd expect nothing more. :hqhq:

Edit, (Acclaim's Legends of Wrestling.. Not THQ/WWE Legends of wrestlemania qhich was awful... just god awful)

Boom... I called it. I said when this was announced it'll be half arsed when they'd release it and it seems that a completely stripped down CAW mode is just the start of this game's flaws.

People making excuses that it's a new game... different from the SVR franchise.

Well Legends of wrestling on the PS2 and Xbox got it right all those years ago... and Even TNA impact was a fantastic start to what could have been a better wrestling series than SVR. If Midway hadn't gone bust sadly.

All Stars just seems like a far from finished title... but hey it's THQ. I'd expect nothing more. :hqhq:

Not the case at all. It's simply not the direction it's going in added to the time it took to create this game and where we had to stop.

But that's a great theory, man. It's cool to say things are "half arsed," as long as we're talking about your opinion of what "half arsed" is. If that's not having SvR's CAS mode, then all the power to you man!

This is good news for me. If it means there will be more matches online with the actual superstars and there normal move sets. I know you can turn off created content in SvR but it takes forever to get a match. Most only want to play with there 100 overall CAW Johnny Sideburns who looks like :censored:. It doesn't end there how bout his supper awesome moves. You know the classics Running knee, Running Facebuster, and every strong grapple is a Attitude Adjustment or some other finisher. Top it all off with a 10 frame finisher and you have a winner! This is the single reason why I barely play SvR anymore. The only reason I play wrestling games is to have great matches against other people. So if this can help make AllStars fun to play online it could be a good thing.

This is good news for me. If it means there will be more matches online with the actual superstars and there normal move sets. I know you can turn off created content in SvR but it takes forever to get a match. Most only want to play with there 100 overall CAW Johnny Sideburns who looks like :censored:. It doesn't end there how bout his supper awesome moves. You know the classics Running knee, Running Facebuster, and every strong grapple is a Attitude Adjustment or some other finisher. Top it all off with a 10 frame finisher and you have a winner! This is the single reason why I barely play SvR anymore. The only reason I play wrestling games is to have great matches against other people. So if this can help make AllStars fun to play online it could be a good thing.

Exactly.

Go online in SvR.

Join Ranked Match.

Fight JTG/Alien wanna-be with nexus armband and freezed hacked moveset.

While All-Stars, everyone will have similar movesets and it'll be great because there'll be no "nooby movesets" (unless Triple H or Rey or something have extremely annoying moves.)

I know this is a disappointment to some of you here. It's fine to be disappointed with something you wanted in All Stars. The game simply can't have everything every individual person on CAWs, GR, IGN, GameFaqs, etc. wants. We'll always disappoint. And considering how good I think All Stars is from a polish level, I'm cool with that. I hope you guys see what I'm talking about in the demo.

I get this.

However Yokozuna was the Andre of the 90's.

His absence (thus far) is pretty inexcusable. Even more so when undeserving folks are pushed on us by the WWE (like Hayes).

I know you and Tank can't reveal to us if he was even on the list THQ presented to them for approval, but if he wasn't.....something is really freakin' wrong.

And when someone as important as that from the WWE's history is missing, we have to rely on that games CAW mode to get him (or other big names not included) in there. Hindering us in that process is especially frustrating when something as simple as selecting your own moveset isn't offered.

Sure, I can just give my Yoko CAW in All Stars a Rock Bottom as a finisher, but his basic moveset will be lacking due to shortsightedness of design.

Nearly EVERY SINGLE console WWE title has allowed move customization since WWE Warzone. There's really no excuse for it not being there. That should've been the first thing they setup for All Star's CAW mode.

I know you're targeting the casual player with this, but still....c'mon now.

Not a huge deal, but still one big enough to warrant a little frustration.

They could solve cheap custom movesets by not allowing CAWs online for All Stars.

But like I said, any efforts of balance made with this restriction is pointless when they are pushing turbo controllers.

Okay, not going to get into a heated argument over this, I know it's not SVR I'm actually glad about that after last years version.

But my point still stands that other wrestling games from lesser experience developers have produced more on a first attempt that what All Stars seems to have done. Judging by the few reviews online that have appeared.

THQ can't even say that they are unaware of what the wrestling fan consumer wants as it's been pretty well spoken about the last few years here on the internet community. But even back in 2000 when the net wasn't being used as much wrestling games developers (YES THQ back then!) listened to the fans wants and actually delivered!

The caw mode personally doesn't annoy me too much with All Stars, i'd rather had none in this case tho.

I'm just more fearful of the other things that have failed to be included in this game.

I know this is a disappointment to some of you here. It's fine to be disappointed with something you wanted in All Stars. The game simply can't have everything every individual person on CAWs, GR, IGN, GameFaqs, etc. wants. We'll always disappoint. And considering how good I think All Stars is from a polish level, I'm cool with that. I hope you guys see what I'm talking about in the demo.

I get this.

However Yokozuna was the Andre of the 90's.

His absence (thus far) is pretty inexcusable. Even more so when undeserving folks are pushed on us by the WWE (like Hayes).

I know you and Tank can't reveal to us if he was even on the list THQ presented to them for approval, but if he wasn't.....something is really freakin' wrong.

And when someone as important as that from the WWE's history is missing, we have to rely on that games CAW mode to get him (or other big names not included) in there. Hindering us in that process is especially frustrating when something as simple as selecting your own moveset isn't offered.

Sure, I can just give my Yoko CAW in All Stars a Rock Bottom as a finisher, but his basic moveset will be lacking due to shortsightedness of design.

Nearly EVERY SINGLE console WWE title has allowed move customization since WWE Warzone. There's really no excuse for it not being there. That should've been the first thing they setup for All Star's CAW mode.

I know you're targeting the casual player with this, but still....c'mon now.

Not a huge deal, but still one big enough to warrant a little frustration.

Of course! And I love Yoko btw :)

Understandable.

Okay, not going to get into a heated argument over this, I know it's not SVR I'm actually glad about that after last years version.

But my point still stands that other wrestling games from lesser experience developers have produced more on a first attempt that what All Stars seems to have done. Judging by the few reviews online that have appeared.

THQ can't even say that they are unaware of what the wrestling fan consumer wants as it's been pretty well spoken about the last few years here on the internet community. But even back in 2000 when the net wasn't being used as much wrestling games developers (YES THQ back then!) listened to the fans wants and actually delivered!

The caw mode personally doesn't annoy me too much with All Stars, i'd rather had none in this case tho.

I'm just more fearful of the other things that have failed to be included in this game.

Totally understand and get your point. It just wasn't the direction All Stars is going for. Quick, fun gameplay is. WrestleMania 2000 was a brilliant game, and widely respected. There was no "listening to what people want" at that point, man.

Totally understand and get your point. It just wasn't the direction All Stars is going for. Quick, fun gameplay is. WrestleMania 2000 was a brilliant game, and widely respected. There was no "listening to what people want" at that point, man.

I'm still reserved over this :fedup:

I'm still reserved over this :fedup:

Talk to me, bro. You know I respect your opinion. If things are getting mis-communicated, that's not my intention.

This is what people are missing this is more of a casual players game, something from the norm of the SVR series. Everyone wants every game to be SVR-ish which is silly mind you, would like to see the gameplay and like I said before the wrestler categories implemented in SVR possibly..Kinda annoys piss outta me having to hit like five different button combos to pull off one move >_<

These complaints are stupid.

THQ doesn't half ass their job. You just aren't getting the gist of the game. All-Stars isn't the point of customization, story modes or anything like that. Those are just bonuses to keep up the lifespan. This is a pickup-and-play game. Just like Marvel vs Capcom 3. You don't spend your time created fighters in fighting games do you? You don't. All-Stars is for when you are sitting there bored, and just want to feel a rush of excitement which SvR fails to do. How can people not realize this yet, it's been announced for less than a year and this board is flooded with complaints comparing it to SvR when it's not even the same genre. It's very ridiculous that people can't use their minds these days.

I dont mind the moveset part....

your not gonna have everybody and their cousin doing the HHH high knee

Cheap online players will always spam, even if that particular move winds up being removed from a future wrestling game, they will just move onto another attack.

SVR2010: Spike Dudley Headbutt and Goldberg Spear

SVR2011: (Headbutt was removed) They moved onto the Triple H High Knee

If they take the Triple H knee out of the next game, spammers will just find another running strike to spam.

Long time lurker, first time poster,

wow " these complaints are stupid". what a STUPID statement.

If Sal, and THQ want our money, they should listen to the fans.

I love how the apologists for this game are always countering " Its like that because its Arcade-y" really....then just put It in the arcade.. oh wait, arcades are basically the way of the Dodo.

So if you want to make money on the consoles, then make the game with depth. But when you hand us a game that rehashes TNA leftovers, very limited game modes then on top of that a CAW mode thats almost as limited as TNA as well.... sorry, gotta call BS.

I WANTED to like this game.... I like the caricature-like quality of the wrestler models, lighting FX, and graphics but just like every side-game that THQ puts out ( LOWM, Wrestlemania 21 or whatever that ISN"T SVR), it usually ends up lacking.

And what I always notice is .. what the Game folks AREN"T saying.

I noticed how they aren't answering CAW questions, game mode questions, how many arenas and questions about moves sets...and usually that means the worst... and since they waited till you folks here had to dig up vids on IGN and other sources to find out the worst, that should tell how "deep " this game is. But they'll always be quick to tell why you should by this game.

If Im not getting a deep story mode, or modes, they YEAH, I'm expecting you give a good CAW mode especially since SVR is out there to show what could be done.

and no , I don't call NO CUSTOM MOVESETS, NO PAINT TOOL, NO CUSTOM ENTRANCES a good CAW mode.

The stuff here is the stuff we should've got with TNA the first time around.

I wanted to like this game, especially with the RANDY SAVAGE UlTIMATE WARRIOR AND LOD coming up as dlc.. that alone would come close to me buying, but since they hid the CAW mode info and that its so limited, as well as other aspect of the game , I'm canceling my preorder.

As much as Rey Mysterio and UW look cool, I can't believe the Demo will make me a convert on pretty graphics alone and I wasn't a fan of the shallow controls on TNA IMPACT

I'll wait for it to hit the Bargain Bin.

Don't like it, don't buy it. That simple. You "boycott THQ" guys are never happy.

"Don't like it, don't buy it" is exactly right, but I'll def. try it before I make that call...

Oh you kiddos. Do you not know my track record? I've been around since the beginning you superstar, and I can guarantee that you have complained about more games that I have. 2011 was my only vocal complaint. I hated the weight detection restriction on one of the SvR games also. So before you run your mouth about me, you might wanna do some research to see where I come from... And it's 2012 boycott. Don't hate me because I don't like the direction a franchise that I love is headed. I bet you supported David Arquette winning the WCW title also...

Oh my god, this is terrible!

Street Fighter allows you to pick every individual move and special but THQ can't get that right because they're a business hellbent on making money.......

Gasp! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO MAKE MONEY! We demand a company that thinks of us by spending more money than what's being made. Halo, GTA, and whatever random FPS people get a boner over wouldn't have this!

:rolleyes:

(There's only four classes of styles in the game and there moves are all shared by everyone in that one particular class so not being able to change moves isn't something to bitch about when Grapplers, Powerhouses, Highflyers, and Brawlers will all be doing their class of moves but according to everyone who's a WWE fan and sees a WWE game, this is terrible because it's not HCTP or No Mercy :lol: )

First of all, Street Fighter doesn't contain a CAW mode genius. If your gonna compare this to a fighting game with such a mode why don't you use something valid like, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. Where you actually pick the moves you want to do and a lame-o fatality that that game had. I'm not saying this is going to ruin the game, I'm saying it should have been left out all together. I don't see a reason to play as Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Noob Saibot, Reptile if all they have different from Sub Zero is a fatality... Make sense?

Not sure why people keep complaining over this game not having things SvR has. SvR is a game that has been in Development for over a decade and will have more Features/ Options.

AND I will say it Right now. WWE ALL STARS GAMEPLAY Quality > SVR GAMEPLAY Quality

I don't see why people are even comparing the games. Maybe because it falls under the wrestling genre, but these games don't even warrant comparison to me. Judging by the videos, they don't have anything in common besides the fact that it is wrestling. If you want depth, play SvR, if your looking for a fun, fast, arcade experience with some friends, jump on this game. It looks fun, and I can't wait to try it, but I won't buy it. I would be happy to see it in a cabinet at the local pizza parlor to play on the weekends though, just like the old days.

The THQ cynics often fail to remember that the best wrestling games ever made were THQ produced. No Mercy, Here Comes the Pain, SVR 2006. If we can fault THQ for anything, it's that they've raised the bar so high over the past 10 years that fans now expect 50 different match types and the ability to create or edit anything and everything in every single wrestling game. It really is an uphill battle to introduce a new IP like All-Stars these days.

The moveset editing isn't an issue that really bothers me. Frankly, I don't really use the create feature in Smackdown games anymore. Putting three hours of work into a creation is exhausting, and by the time I'm finished I don't feel like playing anymore. My thought process is that if I'm going to put that much time into a project, I'd rather it be something more productive. But I might actually tinker around with a streamlined CAW mode. More power to the people who enjoy the depth of SVR--you'll still have your game, same time every year.

Yeah, there's a handful of things I'd change about All-Stars if I were the creative director, but I'm not, so I'm willing to go along for the ride and I'm excited to see if it plays as good or better than it looks in motion.

Ok, everyone who's already defending this game as the best game ever needs to play the damn game before saying that. Everyone who's already criticizing this as the worst game ever needs to play the damn game before saying that.

My post here has nothing to do with how good the game is. I just want to know why we couldn't AT LEAST be given the ability to edit signature and finishing moves? That doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Ok, everyone who's already defending this game as the best game ever needs to play the damn game before saying that. Everyone who's already criticizing this as the worst game ever needs to play the damn game before saying that.

My post here has nothing to do with how good the game is. I just want to know why we couldn't AT LEAST be given the ability to edit signature and finishing moves? That doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

We can change the finisher.

Archived