Computer "never" finishing matches with finisher

Nike The Bike

[quote name='Nike The Bike' timestamp='1285020436' post='7578781']
I was simulating some matches and noticed that the wrestlers almost never finishes the matches with their finishers. Instead they always cover after their favourites and thereby making the favourite the "default" finisher... Anyone know if this is possible to solve someway or if the game "AI" is just broken?
[/quote]
Using my sliders and lowering the finisher damage another two clicks makes it happen. ;)

I left the finisher damage as it was for my released save in my hack, because people would complain the finishers weren't powerful enough if I put them down by two where they should be. ;)

However, by setting the sliders to mine and lowering the finisher damage (which applies to signatures too btw) they will go for a finisher more often, as the CPU can magically tell that the signature didn't do enough damage. ;)

[quote name='Nike The Bike' timestamp='1285100463' post='7580963']
Cool. Do you have them posted anywhere? I'm on PCSX2 you know... :)

By the way brienj, do you know where the default sliders are stored? I wanted to hack this aswell so I don't need to change it everytime I've made an update with my editor (need to clear the save).
[/quote]
Actually, I never did bother finding the slider locations in the save, so I don't know. When I get a chance, I'll post my current slider settings for you. ;)

[quote name='brienj' timestamp='1285093115' post='7580710']
[quote name='Nike The Bike' timestamp='1285020436' post='7578781']
I was simulating some matches and noticed that the wrestlers almost never finishes the matches with their finishers. Instead they always cover after their favourites and thereby making the favourite the "default" finisher... Anyone know if this is possible to solve someway or if the game "AI" is just broken?
[/quote]
Using my sliders and lowering the finisher damage another two clicks makes it happen. ;)

I left the finisher damage as it was for my released save in my hack, because people would complain the finishers weren't powerful enough if I put them down by two where they should be. ;)

However, by setting the sliders to mine and lowering the finisher damage (which applies to signatures too btw) they will go for a finisher more often, as the CPU can magically tell that the signature didn't do enough damage. ;)
[/quote]

I might have to try that I always bumped it up so it would end a match lol.

Here are my settings, and just change the finisher damage like I say to get the CPU to be more likely to hit a finisher for the pin. ;)

Also, changing the Momentum Bar Charge Speed down to Slow will make them perform less finishers in the match and only one finisher will be more than likely what finishes the match, but I like a lot of finishers, because I am not an idiot that thinks finisher = end of match. ;)

The number is how many click over from the minimum you set them to.

[b]In-Game Options:[/b]
Difficulty - Legend
Momentum Bar Charge Speed - Fast
Stamina System - ON

[b]A.I. Reversal Balancing[/b]
Standing Strike - 15
Standing Grapple - 14
Ground Strike - 13
Ground Grapple - 14
Finisher - 14
Foreign Attack - 12

[b]Damage Balancing[/b]
Finisher Strength - 7 (Reduce to 6 or preferably 5 to increase Finisher use)
Foreign Object - 11

[b]Game Balancing[/b]
Standing Strike - 9
Standing Grapple - 11
Ground Strike - 8
Ground Grapple - 14
Finisher Reversal - 12
Foreign Object - 13
Momentum Rate Actions - 8
Momentum Rate Attacks - 8
Momentum Rate Taunts - 8
Stamina Rate - 12

I've had several people tell me that these setting work well for them, but I know that I like them at least. ;)

[quote name='Spyder78' timestamp='1285107812' post='7581336']
Since I already traded mine 2010' in to cover pre--order costs and what not might see if these work on 2011' ..Just to be clear, when you say minimum are you starting from 0 then 15 clicks to the right?
[/quote]
Yeah, go over all the way to the left with the slider to 0, then click over the amount of times I say.

The max is more than 15, I believe it's 20 or something.

[quote name='Muur' timestamp='1285110016' post='7581434']
Why would you want to watch a simulated match of SVR?
[/quote]
People enjoyed watching the videos I had of my hacked game. :D

Too bad THQ had to be a bunch of killjoys and give me a copyright strike on a video I had. I've taken the videos down for now, and putting them other places besides Youtube. Well anyway, THQ can suck it. :poke:

[quote name='Nike The Bike' timestamp='1285153440' post='7582443']
They did? For showing it's possible to hack or what?
[/quote]
The one they hit was the Rey Mysterio vs. Beth Phoenix video. So that shows what they are afraid of people discovering, the gender hacking. :lol:

Oh well, it's no big loss, there are plenty of other video sites to showcase my hacks on the SvR series. :hqhq:

THQ are really going to hate some of the hacks I have in mind for 2011. :D

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Fried' timestamp='1285282040' post='7585826']
Thanks for those slider settings brienj. They work quite well & had some good matches last night.
[/quote]
Cool, sorry, I just noticed your post today, I don't come in the 2010 section too often anymore. :)

Archived