WolfgangJT/Bhangra_Man/Tekken Hollywood Hogan

WolfgangJT

Here's a conversion of mine and Bhangra_Man's textured Hollywood Hogan from last year into this game. I did more tweaks/changes to the face after converting...also converted onto tekken's original Hogan DL for use of the textures like we had last year, but our morphs w/ a few tweaks and design work. :cool:

This is already loaded on Live.

tags:
Hulk Hogan
WolfgangJT
bhangra22man

[img]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1355/hollywoodhogan.png[/img]

What'cha gonna do, brother!!!!

I'm gonna download it to see how it looks in a match, but there's something about the texture that to me, just doesn't scream Hollywood...

I've been using Petchy's Hogan with Tekken's texture, but I don't really like the texture, for some reason it looks cartoonish to me. I'm gonna give this a go though.

It's the SYM texture I believe...based off this shading and lighting look-wise:
[img]http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/70/originals/70254_video-259885-hulk-hogan-and-nick-bollea-talk-post-jail-tv-show-idea.jpg[/img]
would have honestly loved to see how the SVR09 (I think it was 09) one would look to be honest, but haven't ever seen it uploaded yet to try it. Might see if tekken will upload it for me sometime to try for curiosity.

Morphs and attire look great though Wolf. I just think the face texture needs some more definition in it. If I can find the face texture, I'll send it to you. I had it at one point in time. I think that's what this one needs, is a little update to the face texture.

Morph looks SOLID, attire looks great... Face just needs a little something "extra".

I think the one in Tekken's sig is a custom texture mod of the 2007 Hulk model. I remember downloading the textures from it.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2lm1e2p.png[/IMG]

Whilst it looks good on a rendered model, I'm not sure about how it would look on a caw.

I personally think the 06 skin might work well though.

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/29616jm.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Dynomyte' timestamp='1298336540' post='7928644']
The 06 model is what I had used last year for the Hogan I had previewed and I feel like it really worked out alright.
Coloring it will be a pain though.
[/quote]

Yeah, I tried using that this year but I didn't get the colour right so settled for the SYM version.

[quote name='Petchy' timestamp='1298336000' post='7928629']
I think the one in Tekken's sig is a custom texture mod of the 2007 Hulk model. I remember downloading the textures from it.

Whilst it looks good on a rendered model, I'm not sure about how it would look on a caw.

I personally think the 06 skin might work well though.

[/quote]

Yup those are the custom textures I created for the the nWo Hogan texture mods I did last year. The pic in my sig is the updated version with some extra tweaks I did on the original low hogan together with redMan.

I tried my custom textures on my original textured hogan and it doesn't look good on a caw as the detailing is too subtle. With the blurring from the paint tool, the textured face skin looks bland. That's the reason why used the sym texture.

Also remember that the in game models have normal maps which I customised to give the illusion of depth for the beard, laughter lines, etc:

[img]http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4803/backqwi.jpg[/img]

p.s. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with imageshack but I can't view the pic of the caw in the main post. I can browse to imageshack though. Can someone please mirror the image.

Good job Wolfie you managed to upload it.. I think I told you I did something similar a few weeks back but havent been able to have time to work through brienjs program in order to upload so glad you did

Just a idea how about me, you combine our efforts with Petchy's texture. I thought Petchy was using his own texture with tekkens help earlier or is it the SYM face texture again (Will check again on my system much later or Petchy will confirm much later)..was only saying that a combined effort for red/yellow be great as I cant re-upload. As I have already converted our hogan onto Petchys upload for my own game. In addition to tekkens upload with our conversion Wolfie.

So it could be in the end Hogan by WolfgangJT/Bhangra_Man,Tekken,Petchy hehe..Dont know just some thoughts :)

PS I thought we couldnt import textures or is it we can import through brienjs program and just make the pt file? Abit confused here as we talking above as if we could import the SVR06 texture or is it we still need tekken to make the file?

Is there a way to do a multi-convo via pm's? I have some ideas for something big if you fancy it too...

@Tekken: Is there anyway to extract the caw skin texture so that the colours could be matched properly? That is probably the biggest stumbling blocks with textures this year as ideally, it'll be betterto get it right first time due to the method taking much longer to do!

[quote name='Petchy' timestamp='1298375319' post='7929912']
Is there a way to do a multi-convo via pm's? I have some ideas for something big if you fancy it too...

@Tekken: Is there anyway to extract the caw skin texture so that the colours could be matched properly? That is probably the biggest stumbling blocks with textures this year as ideally, it'll be betterto get it right first time due to the method taking much longer to do!
[/quote]

Already did, that's the technique I used with the textures on all my caws. Only problem is that the caw textures are in one skin colour only, it seems like the game applies a mask over the base textures to get the different colours.

Archived