Is this disrespectful? (regarding Benoit)

keezer1

So I'm playing a match online and someone chooses a Benoit CAW, I'm relieved it's an actual wrestler for once so I choose my Eddie Guerrero since it's appropriate.

As soon as it starts Benoit and his tag partner Goldberg spear the crap out of us and overall act like noobs, they use Fan Favorite and Fired Up to abuse the amount of finishers and Benoit steals my partner's spinning piledriver move, gives me a frog splash from the top rope and a bunch of crossfaces. Not once does he do a Grapple move or a corner move, he just keeps doing a bunch of running spears which is NOTHING like how Benoit's matches are, he always wrestled in a technical style and used alot of grapples and submissions.

This kind of shit really bothers me, I even encountered it with a Yokozuna CAW of all things. I'm glad 2011 has got rid of these outdated moves but for now I just have to deal with it.

[quote name='Vegeta-Nick' timestamp='1289085950' post='7716290']
So you're asking if it's disrespectful because they don't play like actual benoit matches? Are you ****ing out of your mind?
[/quote]
Basically since running spears are a cheat move, and they're using his likeness to cheat, it was also on Ranked so they're just using him for extra points.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much, but it just bothered me, if it was a generic caw of nobody in particular I wouldn't have cared much.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived