**ADMIN** Thanks alot caws.ws...

Petchy

Hey,

I Was browsing the forum and clicked on a topic when all of a sudden my Browser froze, and in the bottom left corner was the address of a site that an advert was obviously trying to redirect me to. This followed in a series of pop ups and one took me to rapidshare were I got the persistant message to download WinInstall or something similar. After I used Ctrl+Alt+Delete, I knew that the redirecting ads had obviously linked me to a virus. Now i keep getting messages like the below.

[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2mwgn03.jpg[/img]

I know how to get rid of the virus, as I have many a time before, but the fact is I shouldn't be getting these viruses off this forum in the first place! I know you may be cutting costs or something but this has really put me off visiting here now. :fedup:

Petchy,
[b]An Annoyed Member[/b]

It is this site, every now and again it redirects me from the forum to its advertisements. I had no other browser running and everything was running fine to that point. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to computers. >_>. It's not the fact that it was a virus (as I got rid of it easy), its the fact that I got it from here!

Thanks for reporting.

Its not a virus, it just leads you to think its one. Its just a series of annoying popups which can be easily closed.

Anyway, I am sorry about this and I am currently urgently working with the ad company to sort the problems out.

If there was risk to anyone's computers, we would terminate our contract with them immediately, however, its just a huge annoyance they are causing.

Archived