Alex Shelley -- overhauled

Ravnos

*This is a large update on my old Shelley set. So much so it was just as well to do it as a new topic. Only things unchanged are front grapples.*

Alex Shelley

*start with Rob Van Dam auto setting, for much more suited grapples*

Standard Actions
Ring in -- Slide in
Ring out -- Quick
Taunts -- Cut Throat / Benoit 1 / Taunt El 2 / Tajiri 2 (substitutes his hands-together-over-head taunt)
Fighting stance -- Wrestling 1
Walking & Running are Normal

Standing
Strike attacks
Enzuigiri / Toe kick 1 / Spinning back kick 1 / Spinning back elbow / Dropkick 2 / Back chop 4

Clean Grapple
Arm Drag 3 / Neckbreaker 15 / DDT 14 / Arm Drag leg Drop / Small package 1

Dirty Grapple
Low blow 3 (sort of substitutes Crotch Clamp)/ Reverse atomic drop / Feint Eye Poke / Head is Struck / Eye poke 2

Submission grapple
Chicken wing 1 / Gory special 2 / Ground headlock / Trailerhitch or Leg Lock 3 / Armbar 4

<Category 1> Speed <Moves 1> Speed
Jawbreaker 1 / Backbreaker 7 / Suplex 12 / Snapmare & Dropkick 1 / Arm whip

<Category 2> Martial arts <Moves 2> Martial arts
Back kick 2 / Tajiri Quick Kick (pump kick & taunt) / Sweep 2 (heel trip) / Judo Fip Suplex (substitutes double-arm monkey flip) / Combination 6 (kicks & spin kick)

<Category 3> Technical <Moves 3> Technical
Back side slam 1 / Suplex 2 (substitutes It Came From Japan I) / Scoop slam 3 / DDT 16 (substitutes It Came From Japan II) / Neckbreaker 9 (substitutes straight jacket neckbreaker)

Grapple attack
Grapple elbow strike 1 / grapple body attack 1 / Grapple elbow strike 2

Grapple from Behind
Forearm smash / Cruiserweight moves 2 / DDT 18 (substitute the Final Cut) / Elbow to back of Head 2 / Snapmare 1
Groggy grapple from behind
Octopus stretch 2 (substitutes Cutthroat Octopus 2) / School boy Roll Up pin / Back suplex 6 / Osaka Street Cutter (substitutes Piggyback Stunner) / Eddie Cradle Pin

Ground attacks
Angry Stomp / Dropkick 4 (also works with Tree of Woe) / Elbow Drop 1

Ground grapple moves
Upper ground
Face Lock 1 (substitutes Border City Stretch) / Cross Arm Stretch (straight jacket hold) / Knee Attack 3 (substitute for Skull F*ck a.k.a. Total Nonstop Alex)
Lower ground
The Walls of Jericho 2 (substitutes high angle crab) / Deathlock with Bridge (substitutes straightjacket deathlock) / Mexican stretch 2 (substitutes Mexican Dragon Sleeper)

Corner attacks
Shining Wizard 2 (substitutes double knee charge) / Turnbuckle dropkick 1 / Turnbuckle Dropkick 2

Corner grapple moves
Dirty punch / Superplex 2 / Triangle dropkick / Hurracanrana 9 / Sunset flip pin 4

Lower corner grapple move: Stomping Mudhole

Corner grapple from Behind
Illegal pin / Tie to Tree of Woe / Mule Kick / Lucha DDT / Double Axe Handle 6 (twisting cross body)

Rope - Groggy on Ropes
Ride On or Drop Out

Rope - Rebound attacks
Spinning wheel kick 2 (closest tp his spin kick) / Lionsault / Vaulting Body Press 2

Rope - Diving out of Ring Attack
Dive through ropes or Vaulting Body Press 1

Diving vs. Standing opponent
Front dropkick (this also substitutes for the flying back senton with the opponent down if you hit it right) / Diving reverse Elbow
*he's also done a simple version of Diving Hurracanrana if you want that*

Diving vs. downed opponent
Foot stamp 2 / Frog splash 1 / Diving Moonsault 1

Dash
Shoulder block 1 / Clothesline 9

Dash - Running Grapple
Neckbreaker 1 / Octopus Stretch 1 (close to Cutthroat Octopus 1 but elevated)

Dash - Rear Techniques
Bulldog 3 or 6 / Rolling Clutch Pin

Dash - Running Ground attack
Elbow Drop 5 / Elbow drop 6

Dash - Counter Attack
Hip toss 1 / Tilt A Whirl sideslam 2 / Spinebuster 6 (counter spinebuster.. goes well with El Roy taunt too) or Reverse Atomic Drop if you like to have him wrestle clean

Tag Team standing
???

Tag Team corner
??? I used...
Accident / Double stomping / Double leg drop / Double arm whip / Death device

Special - Finishers
Ninja (Sliced Bread #2)
Swing Neckbreaker or Lita DDT or Novacain (substitutes for Shell Shock)

Special - favorites
Octopus stretch 2
Judo flip suplex
DDT 16

Chair Finishers
DDT 23
Guillotine 2 or DDT 23

Combination Attack
Dupree punches
Dupree punches
Elbow smash 2

To Kryptonite: Yeah, I agree, but I figured Lita DDT is another fair option since sometimes it's faster, and sometimes when he does it the opponent totally rolls over vertically. Thanks for the comment.

To sXe......... I did an Alex Shelley entrance myself actually: [url="http://caws.ws/svr2006/showcae.php?s=alex_shelley"]http://caws.ws/svr2006/showcae.php?s=alex_shelley[/url]

For stats I have...

Strength 7, Submission 8.5, Endurance 7.5, Technique 8.5, Speed 8, Hardcore 7, and Charisma 7.5.

• 2 weeks later...
None of those moves are even close to the ShellShock. The Shell Shock is a snap inverted STO, so the closest thing is the Novacaine, then the Black Out, then the Complete Shot. Nowhere near the Lita DDT or Swing Neckbreaker.

[quote name='ThreeG' post='152502' date='May 7 2006, 06:24 PM']No, Swing Neckbreaker [b]is[/b] best for the ShellShock.[/quote]

Not [b]at all[/b]. This is from Wikipedia. Under Complete Shot:

[quote][b]Complete Shot[/b]

Well known as the Reverse STO, this is a move in which a wrestler stands side-to-side and slightly behind with the victim, facing in the opposite direction, and reaches around the victim's torso with one arm across the victim's chest with his/her hand holding onto his/her other hand which is behind the opponent's head. The wrestler then falls backward, driving the victim into the mat face-first. In Japan, the wrestler known as Gedo began using the move while a member of a stable of wrestlers known as the "Complete Players," this is where the Complete shot name derives.

Notable users include: Orlando Jordan (Black Out). Christopher Daniels also uses this move, usually following it with the Koji Clutch.

Numerous other variations upon the move exsist: WWE wrestler Edge used to perform a variation where he would cross his leg behind the opponents leg, forcing the opponent to fall with greater velocity. He called this the Downward Spiral.

Another variation is to hook the leg similar to a Russian legsweep, which was popularized as the Flatliner, by Chris Kanyon.

[b]Alex Shelley (calling it the Shellshock) and Frankie Kazarian (calling it the Wave of the Future) use swinging variations in which an opponent is drawn forward before being thrown back swinging them round and down to the mat.[/b]

Carlito used a version in which he would lift the opponent off the mat then drop them into the Reverse STO.[/quote]

Swing neckbreaker starts in a reverse DDT and flips them over unrealistically fake into a retarded looking DDT/Reverse STO. Nothing like the real ShellShock. I doubt you have even seen any thing from Shelley besides highlight videos and TNA. I've been watching Shelley since his debut in ROH and have seen probably over 50 ShellShocks, and not one looks like the Swing Neckbreaker. Not one.

Well, it sounds like it does look different from the Swing Neckbreaker, but I think there has to be some kind of swinging involved for it to be different from a regular Reverse STO. Could someone tell me EXACTLY how he does it, because the Swing Neckbreaker is obviously one of those "closest thing" moves.

He holds their neck in a rearhead lock then pulls their head down to his side into a complete shot.

So the only thing thats wrong with the Swing Neckbreaker is the fact you hold them in a Reverse DDT instead of a Headlock type thing.

Novecain is too slow of an animation for Shelley.

Oh ok, I get it. Dammit, I thought I had thought up that move originally a couple years ago. So, let me see if I got this, it's a headlock like the beginning of the Side Effect, or a neckbreaker drop, but he swings the far arm towards the opponent to end in a Reverse STO. That's what I'm getting, and that's the move I thought I invented. Is that how it is? If so, then either would be decent replacements, all 3 reverse STO's don't have a spin, and the Swing Neckbreaker is from the back and has the wrong headlock, those would be their respective problems. I'd say use either the Swing Neckbreaker or the Black Out, then. The thing is, he hasn't used it in quite a while anyway.

Oh, okay I get it. So he doesn't turn, he just turns the opponent around and falls back. I can picture it. Yea, I like the Swing Neckbreaker better, because it's from the back like that. Alright cool, my move IS an original variation. Yay! :)

[quote name='Jos-B' post='152598' date='May 7 2006, 06:59 PM']Oh ok, I get it. Dammit, I thought I had thought up that move originally a couple years ago. So, let me see if I got this, it's a headlock like the beginning of the Side Effect, or a neckbreaker drop, but he swings the far arm towards the opponent to end in a Reverse STO. That's what I'm getting, and that's the move I thought I invented. Is that how it is? If so, then either would be decent replacements, all 3 reverse STO's don't have a spin, and the Swing Neckbreaker is from the back and has the wrong headlock, those would be their respective problems. I'd say use either the Swing Neckbreaker or the Black Out, then. The thing is, he hasn't used it in quite a while anyway.[/quote]

The Shell Shock is nothing more than a Novacaine, except Shelley bends forward and to a side thus bending the other guy backwards, than snaps back with a reverse STO. It is a enthusiastic reverse STO, now where is there a 1 armed sleeper hold. I will find a GIF to post and finally end this.

Okay, after sudying video, I can see how sometimes the ShellShock can be remotely like the Swinging Neckbreaker. But the best replacement is definitely the Novacaine, and it is nothing like the Lita DDT. He grabs him from the side a lot now, but it is never in a reverse DDT hold, so I don't see how Swinging Neckbreaker is close.

Because we're trying to get the swinging effect. If you want the swinging effect, landing in a facefirst driving move peformed mainly with one's left arm, you go with Swing Neckbreaker. If you want the opponent to hit their head like they often do after a good Shellshock, and to turn over from on their head to on their back (get spiked), you go with Lita DDT. If you want it to be more generic, you use Complete Shot (Novacain is from the wrong side).

Here is an excellent Shelley moves high-light video, set to the music of P.O.D. .... there are a LOT of Shellshocks in it, after a while:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYHaKhoutVw&search=alex%20shelley%20set%20it%20off"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYHaKhoutVw...0set%20it%20off[/url]

Oh, & just so everyone knows, Mike Tenay & Don West have finally acknowledged Shelley's new finisher as being the Sliced Bread (Shiranui). Just so we're clear on the Ninja move. He's actually been doing it since that 6 man tag match against AJ, Sabin & Daniels.

^Yea, if only they had one on the ropes, I've seen him do the Shiranui/Sliced Bread #2 there too. I'd rather have two different Shiranuis, because he rarely does the Shellshock or the Border City Stretch anymore in TNA.

[quote name='Jos-B' post='152767' date='May 7 2006, 08:44 PM']^Yea, if only they had one on the ropes, I've seen him do the Shiranui/Sliced Bread #2 there too. I'd rather have two different Shiranuis, because he rarely does the Shellshock or the Border City Stretch anymore in TNA.[/quote]

I agree. & yes, he has done it by springing off the top rope as opposed to the corner buckle. Should've had that in this game. There would've finally been a worthwhile "Rope Opponent" finisher. Ah well.

Archived