Roster only 30?

Midnight Rockers

Didn't they say it has the best roster ever? Showdown - Legends of Wrestling has the best roster ever. That or WCW Revenge. If this game has only 30 wrestlers, hell, Legends of WrestleMania would have had a better roster.

And you have to figure that half of them would be current stars. So only 15 legends? That's really lame. We know Hogan, Savage, Warrior, the Rock, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Andre, and Ted DiBiase are in. That's 8 right there. So only 7 more legends? For the "best roster ever"?

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' timestamp='1295547579' post='7866183']
Didn't they say it has the best roster ever? Showdown - Legends of Wrestling has the best roster ever. That or WCW Revenge. If this game has only 30 wrestlers, hell, Legends of WrestleMania would have had a better roster.

And you have to figure that half of them would be current stars. So only 15 legends? That's really lame. We know Hogan, Savage, Warrior, the Rock, Bret Hart, Ricky Steamboat, Andre, and Ted DiBiase are in. That's 8 right there. So only 7 more legends? For the "best roster ever"?
[/quote]
Dusty Rhodes said he was in, everyone knows Stone Cold Steve Austin is going to be in. Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka are also sure to be in, that would leave 3 spots left. I guess we have little chance of getting Demolition,The Road Warriors, Razor Ramon or Jim Neidhart to complete the Hart Foundation. So much for having Tag Teams in this game.

[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1295551721' post='7866291']Dusty Rhodes said he was in, everyone knows Stone Cold Steve Austin is going to be in. Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka are also sure to be in, that would leave 3 spots left. I guess we have little chance of getting Demolition,The Road Warriors, Razor Ramon or Jim Neidhart to complete the Hart Foundation. So much for having Tag Teams in this game.[/quote]

There are so many guys I'd still like to see in this game. Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Hawk and Animal, Ax and Smash, Big Bossman and Akeem, Jim Neidhart, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash or Razor Ramon and Diesel, X-Pac or 1-2-3 Kid, Mick Foley, Rick and Scott Steiner, Sting, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Dallas Page, Goldberg.. I could go on and on. 15 just isn't enough. Not for $60, anyway.

[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1295551721' post='7866291']
[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' timestamp='1295547579' post='7866183']

[/quote]
Dusty Rhodes said he was in, everyone knows Stone Cold Steve Austin is going to be in. Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka are also sure to be in, that would leave 3 spots left. I guess we have little chance of getting Demolition,The Road Warriors, Razor Ramon or Jim Neidhart to complete the Hart Foundation. So much for having Tag Teams in this game.
[/quote]

Yeah I was hoping for exactly the same, those exact tag teams should be in the game. :(

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' timestamp='1295553368' post='7866340']
[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1295551721' post='7866291']Dusty Rhodes said he was in, everyone knows Stone Cold Steve Austin is going to be in. Roddy Piper and Jimmy Snuka are also sure to be in, that would leave 3 spots left. I guess we have little chance of getting Demolition,The Road Warriors, Razor Ramon or Jim Neidhart to complete the Hart Foundation. So much for having Tag Teams in this game.[/quote]

There are so many guys I'd still like to see in this game. Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Roddy Piper, Jake Roberts, Hawk and Animal, Ax and Smash, Big Bossman and Akeem, Jim Neidhart, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash or Razor Ramon and Diesel, X-Pac or 1-2-3 Kid, Mick Foley, Rick and Scott Steiner, Sting, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Dallas Page, Goldberg.. I could go on and on. 15 just isn't enough. Not for $60, anyway.
[/quote]
You're right and I agree with all of your legends. They should all be in the game. We got 12 wrestlers in Royal Rumble and that was in 1991 on the Super Nintendo. Here we are 20 years later and we only get 30 on the PS3 or Xbox 360 come on. Games on the PS1 had 60 and 70 wrestlers in them. What are they doing with all that disc space, surely they could have given us 60 wrestlers (30 Legends and 30 Active).And that still wouldn't be enough to be the greatest roster ever in a wrestling game.

[quote name='Midnight Rockers' timestamp='1295554805' post='7866370']
[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1295547961' post='7866192']
There are plenty of roster threads already made.

Please look before posting
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with the other roster threads. Chuck time to come down from that high horse.
[/quote]
Not only that but he has the answer that could possibly end this thread by telling us if there is more than 30 wrestlers in the game.

I think it will only have 30 as they want the same amount of legends and current superstars. Also I think they will only concentrate on big name legends because this game is mainly for 1 on 1 matches compared to tag. You'll probably get more in a sequel.

[quote name='YourEvilHero' timestamp='1295557387' post='7866431']
I think it will only have 30 as they want the same amount of legends and current superstars. Also I think they will only concentrate on big name legends because this game is mainly for 1 on 1 matches compared to tag. You'll probably get more in a sequel.
[/quote]
I don't want a sequal with updates, I want this game to be the best it is with as much features as possible, without having to resort to "oh it'll be in the next game maybe".

BUT, if this game is very fun gameplay-wise, then I'll let this whole issue slide. I'd rather them have a small roster in a fun game rather than over 100 wrestlers in a crapfest.

Archived