Vise Evansâ„¢

[quote name='Vise Evansâ„¢' post='3636490' date='Jan 23 2008, 03:54 PM']I see all these Edgers saying their Vegans..........WHY???Just because your straightedge doesn't mean you can't eat meat.The point of being Straight Edge is to have an edge over people who drink,smoke,and do drugs.Meat gives you protien.I am straight edge but I am also a christian.And Jesus said:Rise Peter,slay and eat.

That gives it right there.Animals are meant for us to eat.We are on top of the food chain!If humans had big claws and teeth,we wouldn't need to shoot animals,we could just naturally attack them.But since we don't we use weapons.

Who cares how animals are prepared......as long as it goes IN MY BELLY!The only reason why people stop eating meat is because they found out how it was made and then they go:OMG!I've been eating this.
When I found out how they prepared meat I was like:Fascinating.....

Meat isn't murder because animals don't have souls.Murder is the UNNECESSARY taking of life.We KILL animals to eat them.

Discuss.[/quote]

Your missing the point, there are diffrent degree of straight edge

There are those who dont drink, do drugs, or smoke
There are those who also abstain from Caffeine and also promiscious sex
Thre are those who also don't eat meat
Lastly there are hardliners who well just plain suck, they dont mix with anyone who is not sXe and bands of this kind refused to play with non sXe bands (Its pretty musch dead thank god)

So yeah, basically one culture many sub cultures. As for myself I stick to the no drugs, alchol and tobacco and also the promiscious sex (ie sex only in a relatioship, does not have to be marriage)

Not eating meat has nothing to do with straight-edge. All that means is your a vegitarian.

[quote name='Vise Evansâ„¢' post='3636490' date='Jan 23 2008, 09:54 AM'][b]Meat isn't murder because animals don't have souls..[/b][/quote]
I don't know about that now :???:

[quote name='Vise Evansâ„¢' post='3636490' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:54 AM']Meat isn't murder because animals don't have souls.Murder is the UNNECESSARY taking of life.We KILL animals to eat them.

Discuss.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure animals do have souls :huh:

and not all straight edge people are vegan, actually, most do eat meat, well, the ones that I know do....

To be honest I find veganism and straight edge to be as lame and bullshit-induced as religion. Why should we follow a set of rules which members of that same group argue over which part is right and what is wrong?

Be an individual.

I don't smoke but I've smoked pot, cigarettes and cigars, I only stopped because I don't wanna spend money I could buy better things with nor do I wanna have lung and throat cancer or look older than my age.

I don't drink unless with friends a couple times a year (especially during our annual Alcoholocaust every October all day and night till 6am), the rest of the time I feel no need to drink and again, money issues plus I'm too busy to drink anyway.

Do I claim to be straight edge or whatever? Hell no, I call myself an individual and live life how I want, not how a fad movement or a band tells me I should live life.

Alright, this topic should be changed to "Veganism"... please...

There's nothing wrong with eating meat. You can watch a lion eat an antelope and not go crazy (It might give some people the chills, but...). If anyone has taken Biology, you will realize that there is nothing wrong with it. But once again:
[quote]Who cares if someone is Vegan. It's their choice, and I respect that.[/quote]

[quote]Do I claim to be straight edge or whatever? Hell no, I call myself an individual and live life how I want, not how a fad movement or a band tells me I should live life.[/quote]
Omg... omg... I call myself straight-edge because I choose not to drink/smoke/etc. No one else in my town is, and there sure as hell isn't some sXe band any where close. It's just a decision I made because I have heard and seen really bad things throughout my life that I don't want to happen to me. It's not like I'm trying to be cool, or have an [i]edge[/i] over drinkers, it's just a personal decision Dazz, I hate it when people act like this. (And yes, I hate the Edgers that think they are better than other people)

[quote name='The Ferg' post='3639197' date='Jan 24 2008, 11:15 AM']Alright, this topic should be changed to "Veganism"... please...

There's nothing wrong with eating meat. You can watch a lion eat an antelope and not go crazy (It might give some people the chills, but...). If anyone has taken Biology, you will realize that there is nothing wrong with it. But once again:
[quote]Who cares if someone is Vegan. It's their choice, and I respect that.[/quote]

[quote]Do I claim to be straight edge or whatever? Hell no, I call myself an individual and live life how I want, not how a fad movement or a band tells me I should live life.[/quote]
Omg... omg... I call myself straight-edge because I choose not to drink/smoke/etc. No one else in my town is, and there sure as hell isn't some sXe band any where close. It's just a decision I made because I have heard and seen really bad things throughout my life that I don't want to happen to me. It's not like I'm trying to be cool, or have an [i]edge[/i] over drinkers, it's just a personal decision Dazz, I hate it when people act like this. (And yes, I hate the Edgers that think they are better than other people)
[/quote]
^ agreed free choice

[quote name='Vise Evansâ„¢' post='3636490' date='Jan 23 2008, 08:54 AM']I see all these Edgers saying their Vegans..........WHY???Just because your straightedge doesn't mean you can't eat meat.The point of being Straight Edge is to have an edge over people who drink,smoke,and do drugs.Meat gives you protien.I am straight edge but I am also a christian.And Jesus said:Rise Peter,slay and eat.

That gives it right there.Animals are meant for us to eat.We are on top of the food chain!If humans had big claws and teeth,we wouldn't need to shoot animals,we could just naturally attack them.But since we don't we use weapons.

Who cares how animals are prepared......as long as it goes IN MY BELLY!The only reason why people stop eating meat is because they found out how it was made and then they go:OMG!I've been eating this.

Meat isn't murder because animals don't have souls.Murder is the UNNECESSARY taking of life.We KILL animals to eat them.

Discuss.[/quote]

Tell me, would you kill a baby gorilla? Just the way they do it when they prepare some Cattle. Give them the good ol' cut in the throat and let them squirm. I mean it isn't murder so it absolutely gives us the right to be saddest's while we do it.

Actually, let's get to the good part, why not beat them relentlessly to death? Give them the olden day stone to the head several hundred times tell we're satisfied it's dead and the meat is nice and plunder.

God damned Christians, go grow some brains instead of relying on wordings that come from an imaginary friend.

I don't see why eating meat is wrong. I mean, who doesn't like the taste of a good steak or a nice breaded chicken breast? I personally wouldn't kill the animal for meat, unless it's fish. I don't see what the big deal is. Hunting for sport is stupid, but hunting for food is completely different.

In the bible,it says that animals don't have souls.Only my beliefs....So maybe i should change that..

[quote name='DarkLink' post='3639486' date='Jan 23 2008, 05:23 PM'][quote name='Vise Evansâ„¢' post='3636490' date='Jan 23 2008, 08:54 AM']I see all these Edgers saying their Vegans..........WHY???Just because your straightedge doesn't mean you can't eat meat.The point of being Straight Edge is to have an edge over people who drink,smoke,and do drugs.Meat gives you protien.I am straight edge but I am also a christian.And Jesus said:Rise Peter,slay and eat.

Discuss.[/quote]

Tell me, would you kill a baby gorilla? Just the way they do it when they prepare some Cattle. Give them the good ol' cut in the throat and let them squirm. I mean it isn't murder so it absolutely gives us the right to be saddest's while we do it.

Actually, let's get to the good part, why not beat them relentlessly to death? Give them the olden day stone to the head several hundred times tell we're satisfied it's dead and the meat is nice and plunder.

God damned Christians, go grow some brains instead of relying on wordings that come from an imaginary friend.
[/quote]
Dude,that's flaming against christians.Many christians are doctors,lawyers,physicians.Not all christians think the same.In example,I support abortion.Many christians don't but I'm an individual.If I wanted to kill a gorilla,i would not slit his throat or anything horrid like that.I would shoot it.But I wouldn't do that because gorrillas are a very complexed animal.I would only kill cattle animals.If you don't know,animals like cattle are raised to be eaten.You care for it and let it gorw,then you [b]put it down[/b].In the bible,it talks about how the israelites,God's chosen people,weren't allowed to eat alot of different types of meat.But we're gentiles so we can.Animals dont have souls because God didn't send Jesus Christ to die for animals,but for Mankind.Tat's why we can get unlimited amounts of chances.You know angels?Once they sin,they get sent to hell.That's how much God loves us.

But thats not the point.I think everyone gave a good opinion except the christian bashers.

I love how you wouldn't slit it's throat, but shooting it is perfectly acceptable, there is just as much chance that the shot you fired wouldn't instantly kill the animal, but wound it. Leaving it to bleed to death or be hunted down by another animal. It's also nice that your opinions on what to kill are centred around what a fictional character supposedly said.

It's not cool to call my beliefs fictional.And it's also sad that no mods are gonna do anything about it.If I shoot you,you will instantly die.No pain.If I slit your throat,that's messed up.You may not die,but you have to go through the pain.Hunting animals for sport or food is fine.Jesus Christ was an actual person you ignorant mark.Look through history books.

Archived