THQ Tank - Your New WWE Community Manager

THQ Tank

Hey guys,

I figured it was finally time to make my way here to the glorious CAWS.ws site. Man, this site is insane, before I took on this role I had no idea how deep, or rather the amount of CAWS out there that exist, and especially on this site which is not only home to the best CAWS creations, but also our most dedicated and passionate fans.

So let's get one thing right off the bat. I spent the last 6 1/2 years at EA as the Community Manager of the Command & Conquer community, and a myriad of other roles, so I am a video game industry community manager veteran, you are in good hands. THQ hasn't ever had a dedicated Community Manager for their fighting games, which you may find striking considering WWE and UFC are our best selling titles. Well that's all changing now, and I could not be more proud to come and give this community the shot in the arm, and more importantly the official voice it needs and deserves.

I am the official THQ Community Manager for all WWE and UFC games, I've got my hands full, so give me some breathing room for awhile. In my 6th week now, and finally getting my bearings on straight, already been making a lot of headlines with the UFC spectrum, and now i'm turning the heat up on WWE.

Website content, our official forums, Facebook, Twitter, working directly with the brilliant lads that run this site, representing YOU, ensuring our dev team is more connected to our community, building and growing, yea...that's a big slice of my role. Right now, i'm deeply involved in revamping our WWE website in to a singular destination to accommodate everything and not just be a flashy marketing site. I've already helped bring in a new web agency, new ideals and tactics, we're moving, and moving fast.

But when it comes down to it, what matters most to me as a Community Manager is representing you, doing whatever I can to echo your voice to the dev team, and vice versa.

With SvR 11 shipping Oct 26, which is only 4 months away (btw, I am getting married on Oct 10), the dev team is already deep in the production process and there isn't a ton of room for major changes. So with that mind, please understand, i'll try to get the wins wherever possible, and bring you as much info as allowed. I can't reveal things whenever I want, but i'm pretty crafty.

That and moving forward, i'll be spending a lot of energy throughout the community orchestrating feedback that helps improve the future of this franchise.

Enough jabbing from me, looking forward to becoming apart of your family here. Please don't burn me if I am not here every day, its a pretty darn big community between WWE and UFC.

Your new Community Manager,
Tank

SvR 11 is coming out October 26, we announced this. Anyone who has said September is off their rocker.

Last year's online, unfortunately, I can't speak for something I wasn't hear for. That said, I've been talking with the team a lot about this, am fully confident they have made some significant improvements.

-Tank

[quote name='THQ Tank' date='01 July 2010 - 09:06 PM' timestamp='1278018374' post='7385580']
SvR 11 is coming out October 26, we announced this. Anyone who has said September is off their rocker.

Last year's online, unfortunately, I can't speak for something I wasn't hear for. That said, I've been talking with the team a lot about this, am fully confident they have made some significant improvements.

-Tank
[/quote]
Ok so I can add SvR 11 to my game list, one question, I heard we might have to pay for online this year, is this true?

[quote name='PGSucks' date='01 July 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1278018787' post='7385601']
Hello Tank, will WWE All-Stars be released for the Playstation 2?
Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

I might not be THQ Tank, but around half the people here already know that WWE All Stars will be released for PS2.

I wouldn't be surprised =)

I can't speak to the online details right now, but when I can, I will :o) You must be a used game buyer, yah?

Yes, I am OFFICIAL OFFICIAL. My homey is Marcus Stephenson, I sit next to the dev team, I am as Official as the spelling of that word.

-Tank

Its about time Tank! Welcome to the forums mate :D

So to what extent can you actually represent us? Do you just bring your idea's to the guys in control or do you have full authorization to get what we want in the games?

Welcome to the site THQ Tank!

I have 2 questions that I hope you may answer but if not thats cool! My first question is

1. Will there finally be dedicated servers for Smackdown vs. Raw?

I hate that when I play online with my friends that I have to constantly try to reverse moves a second before I need to because of the lag. And sometimes it just makes the game unplayable.

My second question is

2.Will we be able to use more than 10 caws for CAS mode?

After I beat RTWM last year I really got hooked to the CAS mode but the only problem was that I only could use 10 caws.I'm hoping that we have more this year, 30 would be nice but infinite would be awesome just saying lol.

Like I said if you could answer my questions I would appreciate but if not it's cool.

What we need back majorly is the ability to put a message with your created game online, this will stop people coming in with original caws, for example:

Create Match > 4 Man Extreme Rules
Entrance: On
Created Superstar: On

I don't know if this is the greatest idea or not, but perhaps there can be a list where you can report someone who spams certain moves or is "cheap," and you can write a comment next to it, so you can avoid matches with people like that. Now, I understand that those same people will report players for no reason, which will hurt other players, which probably nixes this idea, but, it was just a thought.

[quote name='theprojek' date='02 July 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1278102521' post='7387665']
All I wanna know is if Create A Story will be in this year? I loved it so much last year. :D
[/quote]

[quote]WWE SmackDown vs Raw 2011 will deliver its largest offering to date of fan favorite, best-in-class Community Creation features. Players will have more creative tools than ever to customize their Superstars, finishing moves and [b]story designs[/b]. In addition, searching and sharing content will be greatly simplified with improvements to the highly regarded WWE Community Creations feature, which generated nearly 10 million downloads, including more than 7.5 million Created Superstars, 500,000 story designs and 500,000 finishing moves in its franchise debut.
[/quote]

From the THQ SVR 2011 game details.

Archived