Some CAW Details For Caw Makers

deathbyego

Just stepped out of best buy. With all the posts with move videos and random game details, I haven't seen too much on the caw modes from a creator perspective. Mostly just "new hair etc".

I just want to confirm a few things. Sorry if this has all been confirmed....

Transparency:

WWE logos, logos, letters have trans. I realize now that I forgot to check if logos that already have some trans in them (ie the rose, tiger, etc) have the trans option as well. My apologies.

Face paint has transparency but only the paints that have singular color changing options. If it has "1st, 2nd etc color" then no trans option. If it has one color, then it has trans.

Body and facial hair don't have trans. Makeup doesn't have trans. Lipstick doesn't have trans.

Facial hair is the same with the exception of 3D Harley Race chops.... Not quite that big but just think of chops from England 1900ish.

Scars etc option has some new eye bags. CM Punkish and a less intense one, Both of which are fairly useless by themselves but I think with some tweaking with logos etc they might be a little more versatile. They also added a Eye Wrinkle marks. It is so intense and long it really isn't worth using if you plan on making real people. It is like crows feet... if it was from a gigantic crow. The butt chin has improved a bit though.

Morphing is exactly the same. Facially at least. I got depressed so I didn't bother with the body.

Body types are the same. I'd go as far as to say the fat types are even more boxy. Same face skins as well.

Aside from a few new bits and bobs, it is the same mode. You guys should know the rest of the additions.

One thing added is the hit point ratio. It allows you to adjust limb damage HP. The ratios must equal up to 100% so no worries about super caws online. It is an interesting addition though. Say if you make a samoan and you want to give more HP to the head, you can.

Paint Tool is the same. Same color nonsense. You can't get dark colors, just desaturated. So don't expect to easily paint with a dark vivid red. If you use letters they will be black with no option to change. No blurring after multiple placements.

This was the ps3 version at best buy. So on the ps3 version, I can confirm that the crotch glitch doesn't work. And that is coming from someone experienced at using it.

I believe that is about it. Sorry if all this has been brought up and buried in a thread somewhere or in a random pic. I know a lot of people are concerned with move vids, entrances, attitude mode... I just felt like this stuff should be put out there for those that remember the name of this site..

Oh, on a side note: . And weapon physics have improved slightly. It still is rubbish compared to 2011 but at least bodies don't float above the steps like in WWE12. They now actually hit them.

I did forget to add this:

Some of the eye make ups have more than one color changing option now. I don't even know how to explain it. I'll try. Anyone who has used the eye make ups has seen the raccoon esque make up: the black make up that starts a little above the eye and goes an inch or 2 below it. That one gives you the "1st" and "2nd" color option now. 1st being the main part of it and the2nd being the part where it begins to feather out.

Nothing big, but I thought that was a bit interesting and strange that they added it. Not many of them have that option. Maybe around 2-4 different eye make ups.

Thank you for the information....Now i wont be as disappointed when I get the game. I just don't get why they couldn't put transparency back in like it was in previous games.

Yea... Me neither. I'm still trying to figure out why for 4 years now, they haven't thought it was a good idea or a necessity to have a full color wheel in paint tool like they do in Caw mode. It is as though they had to go out of their way to stifle paint tool..

Paint tool shit really pisses me off. We could get dark colors in 2010.

Yeah. But it still didn't have the full color wheel we had in caw mode. It had those "swatches". Wasn't a big deal though for those with an Xport and later that year, a usb drive.

Wait make up and facial hair have no transparency?

Was not expecting THQ to f*ck that up like that. *sigh*

Not a bit. I went though most of the eye make ups, especially the important ones for creating real life wrestlers, and no go. And I went though most of the combinations, mustaches, goatees, body hair and arm hair.... nada.

You could blame that on the community though. Everyone screamed about wanting trans back, but they forgot the people they were screaming at. These are the guys that didn't know how the Glam Slam was wrong before this year after many reference vids were p[posted. We have to realize that we understand what we meant, but we have to spell it out plainly and exactly to them.

We should blame ourselves for giving the benefit of the doubt. I was always sure to point out everything specifically that needed trans back, as did others. But if they looked at some of those topics if was probably pretty easy to miss 8 people's specifics amongst 100s of pages of generalizations.

Facial hair doesn't bother me too much with transparency. All you really have to do is make to colour close to the skin tone and then darken it a little. I don't find a problem with facial hair. Make-up however is an issue. I'll have to use logos for skin texturing I guess.

Archived