Why do 2-KOs-to-win matches take so long?

xirtamehtsitahw

This particular match, while it sounds extremely brutal (you have to KO your opponent--TWICE--before they do the same to you), is also a rather lengthy one, due to a strange glitch in the game's AI. Apparently, this particular set of match rules is a glitch in and of itself, due to it not being available in later installments (WWE 12, 13 and 2K14 do not have this particular rule set).

I believe that the 2-out-of-3 falls match toggle was supposed to be unavailable if the KO option was selected, but a glitch made it possible to select BOTH, so that both rules were active simultaneously.

The game's AI will act according to its current difficulty level...until the first KO against it is scored. When that happens, the AI will become nearly impossible to score a second KO against, while reversing nearly every one of your moves, and becoming nearly immune to reversals at the same time.

My Mewtwo CAW has a hacked moveset consisting of strong strikes replacing his normal standing strikes, two running strikes replacing his normal strong strikes, eight different finishers replacing his normal chain grapples, and four more combo-based finishers in his groggy grapple slots.

In addition, his attributes have all been artificially enhanced to the absolute maximum the game allows (255--shows up as FE in the memory editor, due to an offset in the game's attribute system), plus he has eight abilities, which is the game's actual maximum capacity (the game normally only allows you to assign five).

Mewtwo's abilities are as follows:

--Hammer Throw

--Resilience

--Durability

--Kip-up

--Outside Dives

--Springboard Dives

--Fired Up (is the ONLY character in my game with this ability)

--Leverage Pin (is the ONLY character in my game with this ability)

Mewtwo has sent several foolish wrestlers to the hospital on stretchers, thanks to their refusal to accept the 3-count pinfall after receiving a handful of finishers (his signature state allows him to use either of his created finishers due to yet another moveset hack). The result: Mewtwo basically "snapped", and crushed the unfortunate wimp's throat with a steel chair, then ran them through the same chair after 'Two wedged it in a turnbuckle. If I had blood turned on, well, let the Jigsaw Puppet say it for me:

Oh yes...there will be blood. Yours. ALL of it. *Cue Jigsaw Puppet laughter*

In fact, I just might turn blood on again in my game...heh heh. Let's paint that mat red, shall we?

*Shoots Jigsaw Puppet, starts laughing, Kefka-style* :benoit:

Archived