I'm sorta on the fence about this game...

Sam The Dude

I'm really not exactly too sure about purchasing this game. I like the roster, the over the top aspect, the fighting game elements. On the other hand though from review I've read the control scheme hasn't really been well recieved, and it's two button reversal system again, which I despise. I mean if the controls aren't good then I just don't even wanna bother, but the gameplay looks like alot of fun. You tell me if it's worth it.

The two button reversal system isn't even a two button reversal system for the most part. That's just to block the initial grapple and strike attempt, then a well timed press of either will reverse a mid grapple move.

Hell, you can just grapple at times and reverse without even hitting the reversal button (for aerial and running attacks).

It's really weird, but not problematic. The learning curve comes with figuring out the reverse prompt. It doesn't alert you when to reverse, it tells you when you've missed your chance....the way they have it timed.

And the controls are awesome, so reminiscent of the AKI games. My only gripe being I can't seem to irish whip people into a corner and have them stay there.

Honestly, most of the naysayers dismiss the controls because they're used to SvR. After a little playtime and getting used to how each class plays.....then exploring how each character of each class plays differently and chances are, you'll be hooked.

Seriously, best wrestling game since the N64 era.

Archived