WWE SmackDown Vs. Raw 2008 Reaches "Platinum Hits" Sales Milestone

Thuganomics

Oct 23, 2008

THQ Inc. and JAKKS Pacific, Inc. announced that [i]WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008[/i] has achieved "Platinum Hits" status for the Xbox 360.

"Attaining 'Platinum Hits' for the Xbox 360 demonstrates the long-standing dedication of our fans to this tremendous franchise," said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president, publishing, THQ. "This accolade comes at an opportune time as we march toward the much-anticipated North American release of [i]WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009[/i] across all major gaming platforms, including mobile devices, on November 9."

[i]WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008[/i] for Xbox 360 lets players take the fight into their own hands with the debut of eight Superstar Fighting Styles. Each fighting style has its own unique strategy with exclusive moves and abilities. A brand-new Struggle Submission System gives players intuitive and natural control over their WWE Superstars using the analog sticks. Realism and strategy are at the forefront, as players can now control the amount of pressure they apply. WWE 24/7 Mode, which combines the popular Season and General Manager modes, embraces the intensity of the Superstar lifestyle. Multiple character development options, stat tracking and career goals guide players toward the ultimate achievement of becoming a WWE Legend. In addition, [i]WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008[/i] includes numerous fan-requested updates, including new rosters, more environmental hotspots, improved out-of-ring action and much more.

More information on all WWE SmackDown vs. Raw games can be found at [url="http://www.smackdownvsraw.com/"]www.smackdownvsraw.com[/url].

THQ.COM

Archived