SVR07 is still the best wrestling game I've played

RoyaleWithCheese

Maybe I'm not giving 08 enough of a chance, but the gameplay during a match just doesn't seem to "flow" as nicely as with past SVR games. Some more detail has been added to Season mode in 08, and some new moves and "hotspots", but overall and again especially with the smoother gameplay, I think I might even put the original SVR and SVR06 ahead of 08. Anyone else agree with me or am I just not giving this game enough of a chance?

i agree with royale...even though i havent PLAYED 08, i can tell they put sooo much effort into expanding the gameplay that they made the game feel 2 complicated. if 07 had all the moves from 06 they took out, all the moves in 08 they added and all the new 08 characters it would be great...also if 07 had the fighting styles of 08 it would be great as well.

My only problem with the new gameplay is that you can't properly build up matches, unless you want to sacrifice big moves in your moveset or keep repeating the same quick grapples and strikes for a while. That makes the matches so repetitive now. Also, the running finishers are almost impossible to hit x_o

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='RoyaleWithCheese' post='3298236' date='Nov 24 2007, 06:50 PM']Maybe I'm not giving 08 enough of a chance, but the gameplay during a match just doesn't seem to "flow" as nicely as with past SVR games. Some more detail has been added to Season mode in 08, and some new moves and "hotspots", but overall and again especially with the smoother gameplay, I think I might even put the original SVR and SVR06 ahead of 08. Anyone else agree with me or am I just not giving this game enough of a chance?[/quote]

I agree with you. Why must they always mess around with the controls.

• 2 weeks later...
For the SVR Series and not the original Smackdown! Series, I have to say 06 is much better then 07 or 08. I do like 08 better than 07 though. The 07 Loading Screen times are ridiculous.

As for the original Smackdown! Series and SvR, HCTP is the best game WWE has released imo.

I still really like Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 and still play it from time to time, but i really didn't like SVR07. It seemed to get worse rather than get better with 07, and the CAW mode for the PS2 version at least was really bad. Maybe if i had a 360 at the time and played 07 on it, my perception of it might've been different, but ive got a 360 now and ive got SVR08 for both the PS2 and 360, and i have to say it's a BIG improvement on both consoles, way more playable than 07. Only downside is that it does get a little repetitive and i don't really like the whole 24/7 Mode, i like to play Season & GM Mode Separate, as i LOVE playing GM Mode, but i don't mind playing Season either, i don't like the fact i have to choose between the two. But i do love the new options ofr 23/7 mode/GM Mode 08, much better than the previous years. But even with all the new stuff, 08 cannot beat 06. Smackdown vs. RAW 2006 for me is still the best one they've done.

[quote name='ᴍᴋᴏ*' post='3510063' date='Dec 31 2007, 04:33 PM']The SVR series is horrible.
HCTP and SYM are 1000% better than any of the SVR games.
the Best SVR game IMO is 06.[/quote]

Exxxxxactly! the SVR series may have graphics, but who really cares if you can't do a damn thing in the game thats fun? HCTP and SYM are by far the best WWE games out there.

I've only played svr08 as I just became interested in wrestling again when y2j came back, before that it was boring as hell but now it's a entertaining they still have some work to do. With that being said, svr 08 is the only wrestling game I've bought (I used to rent them for the n64 back when the rock and stone cold were wrestling) and svr 08 owns besides the repetetive storylines and bad graphics for the CAWS (the tats and designs look pixelized)... but still the fact that I can make accurate CAWS of my fav. wrestlers not in the game, and my own characters... that owns... the gameplay owns, the HOF mode owns, the fact that I can make my own championship and have title matches with it owns, create an entrance owns.... this game is actually nice I don't know why people bash it so much.

EDIT: after this long post I realize I'm in the 07 section *leaves*

Archived