[b]Standard Actions[/b]
Ring in -- Jumping 2
Ring out -- Quick
Taunts -- Christian 2 / Eddie Guerrero 4 / Taunt Rowdy / Charlie Haas 1 or 3
Fighting stance -- Wrestling 1
Walking & Running are Normal

Standing
[b]Strike attacks[/b]
Dropkick 1 or 2 / Toe kick 1 / Spinning back kick 3 / Roundhouse kick 4 / Back Kick 1 (Pele Kick) / Back chop 4

[b]Clean Grapple[/b]
Arm Drag 3 / Small package 1 / Scoop slam 5 / Gutbuster 2 (Spinebreaker 2) / DDT 14

[b]Dirty grapple[/b]
Eye poke 2 / Reverse atomic drop / Low blow 4 / Head is struck / Suplex pin 1

[b]Submission grapple[/b]
Hammer lock / Leg lock 1 / Headlock 4 / Torture Rack (close as I can get to Torture Rack bomb) / Arm lock 1

[b]<Category 1> Speed <Moves 1> Speed [/b]
Shuffle side kick 4 (thrust kick) / DDT 5 or 11 / Snapmare & Dropkick 1 / Step up Enzuigiri / Suplex 12

[b]<Category 2> Luchadore <Moves 2> Luchadore[/b]
Sunset flip pin 2 (slower but closest to his) / Powerbomb 9 / Back suplex 1 / Hurracanrana 1 / Cruiserweight moves 6

[b]<Category 3> Technical <Moves 3> Technical[/b]
Air Raid Siren / Northern Lights suplex 2 or 1 / Reverse Neck Breaker (Styles Suplex Special) / Suplex 2 (stalling brainbuster) / Neckbreaker 4 (closest to a Fireman Facebreaker)

[b]Grapple attack [/b]
Grapple elbow strike 1 / grapple elbow strike 1 / Grapple punch 1

[b]Grapple from Behind[/b]
DDT 17 / Cruiserweight moves 2 / Snapmare 1 / Elbow to back of Head 2 / Back side slam 2
[b]Groggy grapple from behind[/b]
Rolling clutch pin or Backslide pin / High Angle Backbreaker (Spinebreaker 1) / Back suplex 4 (Starmarker) / Electric Chair Drop / German Suplex Pin 2

[b]Ground attacks[/b]
Angry Stomp / Dropkick 4 (also works with Tree of Woe) / Elbow Drop 1

[b]Ground grapple moves[/b]
Upper ground
**Black Widow (closest to Cliffhanger)** or Head Scissor Roll Over (kip up hurracanrana) / Dropkick 9 / Oriental Knee Drop (closest to his running flying knee drop)
[b]Lower ground[/b]
Deathlock with Bridge (his take on the Muta Lock) / Stomp on leg / Mexican Stretch 3 (sickle hold)

[b]Corner attacks[/b]
Flying forearm smash 1 / Turnbuckle Kick Combo / Turnbuckle Dropkick 2

[b]Corner grapple moves[/b]
Sunset flip pin 4 / Superplex 2 / Triangle drop kick / Super Hurracanrana / Chop & Punch combo (AJ fires up like this once in a while)

[b]Lower corner grapple move[/b]: Mudhole strikes or Mudhole stomping

[b]Corner grapple from Behind[/b]
Tie to Tree of Woe / Dropkick & school Boy Pin / Lucha DDT (tornado DDT) / Rolling Powerbomb (AJ's somersualt bomb) / Spider suplex (yep)

[b]Rope - Groggy on Ropes[/b]
Springboard DDT (Superhuman or Phenomenon, whatever you call it)

[b]Rope - Rebound attacks[/b]
Spinning wheel kick 2 / Slingshot body splash 1 / Moonsault attack

[b]Rope - Diving out of Ring Attack[/b]
Shooting Star Press 2 or Rope Flip 1

[b]Diving vs. Standing opponent[/b]
Missile Dropkick / Diving Cross Body Pin 1 (also works as modified frog splash with opponent down)

[b]Diving vs. downed opponent[/b]
Diving Fist Drop (closest to his springboard forearm, just use it with the opponent standing) / 450 splash (Superman) / The Money Shot pin or Shooting Star Press 1 if you want that

[b]Dash attacks[/b]
Flying Forearm smash 2 / Shoulder block 2

[b]Dash - Running Grapple[/b]
Headscissor takedown 2 / Victory roll Pin 1

[b]Dash - Rear Techniques[/b]
Bulldog 5 / Neckbreaker 12 or Hurracanrana 5

[b]Dash - Running Ground attack[/b]
Double axe handle 5 / Dropkick to knee 3

[b]Dash - Counter Attack[/b]
Hip toss 4 / Tilt a Whirl Sideslam 2 / Hurracanrana pin 2 **or Rolling Boston Crab**

Tag Team standing
----

Tag Team corner
----

[b]Special - Finishers[/b]
Landing Pin (it's weak..) or **Facebuster 2** (Styles Clash)
Corkscrew Body Pin or Houston Hangover (Spiral Tap)

[b]Special - favorites[/b]
Diving Fist Drop
Shooting Star Press 2 or Rope Flip 1
**Landing Pin (if you use it, this will make it a bit better) or Houston Hangover (seems you can't get three counts with this move unless it's a favorite)**

[b]Chair Finishers[/b]
Vandaminator
DDT 23

[b]Combination Attack[/b]
Woman's elbow Smash
Woman's Elbow Smash
Polish Hammer 1 (discus lariat)

Notes:
----I've never seen a "Stylin' Crab", so I assume it's defunct these days. If you want it then I figure Rolling Boston Crab, so-as to not lose any necessary grappling moves, & let's face it, AJ has a lot.

----Facebuster 2 is the closest you'll find to his quick/desperation version of the Styles Clash, except for the fact that Facebuster 2 hooks the arms. I prefer this move because the Landing Pin is one of the most unreliable finishers in the game.

----If you want the kip up rana AND Cliffhanger, then use Headscissor Roll Over, and change Chop & Punch Combo in the corner for DDT 22.

----About the 3rd favorite move: I figure if you use Landing Pin, then use Corkscrew Body Pin too. Then, put Landing Pin as a favorite. If you're gonna use the Facebuster 2 move, then use whichever Spiral Tap substitute you want, just remember that if you use it, you'll need Houston Hangover as a favorite to get a 3 count with it.

Suggestions and rates are welcome.

hey, as you know, i too did an AJ set. so i'll add my oppinions...

1.) change luchadore set to power. you said that Torture Rack was the closest you can get? how about Towerhacker Bomb?
2.) you kinda forgot his spinning clothesline. either use clothesline 8 (power moves) or spinning punches, although clothesline 18 looks better IMO.
3.) i'll pm you a list of his fav moves, if that's ok with you

good set though.

Thing about Power grapple is that you wind up missing out on other stuff that AJ does.

I didn't forget his spinning clothesline at all, I put it in at the end of his combination attacks, I used Polish Hammer 1 to substitute the discus lariat.

It's just my take but I feel it's better to hang on to Luchadore instead of going for Power.

i see a lot of stuff that look weird.

If you watch AJ you know he does the middle kick a lot

Also if this is a TNA moveset you know he barely if ever does the air raid

Also i've never seen him do Spider suplex but it looks like its for personal reasons of yours.

The rest is ok but not one of your best. Im not saying this cause i have a AJ set coming soon but im just trying to help.

For one, the middle kick is with the left leg and I'm a stickler for stuff like that. AJ kicks with the right.

I know he barely does the Air Raid but there wasn't another move in the grapple that I felt should be in AJ's set. Blame THQ and the stupid category limitations.

AJ has done (a version of) the spider suplex, I'm not sure if he has in TNA. What would you put there? What's AJ done from this position that I've missed?

Well, I let the Diving Cross Body serve two purposes, and besides, AJ doesn't often do the frog splash these days, nor does he get the pin with it. And I prefer to keep the fist drop, I know Hero Attack suits, but I wanted something that actually dives rather than a running leap.

• 3 years later...

Archived