"Report Post Button"

Kris

I am sure I am not the only one who has noticed the incredible amount of threads in the "Website and Feedback" Forum. A simple solution is adding in a "Report Post Button".

When you click it, it will flag the post to the moderation team, and you can even write a short message as too what is wrong with it ("Spam", "Passing Filter", etc). It would stop a lot of the threads made for the tiniest this, so that the Website and Feedback could be used for bigger things (constant flamers, etc).

[quote name='.Benjamin' post='1598645' date='Apr 3 2007, 08:26 PM']This idea was brought up a while ago by a member, and I believe they rejected it because of fear of abuse of the button. But I could be mistaken.[/quote]

A simple solution: warn and eventually, ban members who abuse it.

Guest JohnB
Hi,

We don't use this because of the large number of reports it can generate. With features like this, members can over react and report stuff that we wouldn't normally target. It would mean that our mods have more work to do, which will mean we need more and more mods.

The help board is designed for reports and mods are accustomed to how it works so we are not looking to change it at the moment.

Archived