Smackdown vs Raw 2007/PS3 Features?

Alright, so I know there are people saying "I want this roster" "I want this match" etc etc. But what about features?

I've been spanning the wonderful world of the World Wide Web ( :lol: ) looking for hardware capabilities for the PS3, and from what I'm seeing, it might be pretty fun.

[b]1) Video Playback:[/b]
I saw on a site that they were Video Playback would be completely expected. The only question that arises, for me at least, is will it allow for you to go somewhere that WWE Games have never gone before? They had something *similar* in the XBox versions of the WWE games, where you could get your own Tron video, but what about putting a Tron on there, say you are creating a DX Triple H, and you want to have the DX video in the game. You could, hopefully, upload a .mpg, or even .mp4 (MPeg Layer4 video, the Video for iPod format, since they are talking about allowing songs from iTunes into the system), take a .wmv or .avi and convert to either of the formats, and load them in. After which, take the video into an editing program, and remove the audio from the video, and place it on the HDD. Then, just load it up in the Create-An-Entrance function, and there you go. You got it going on. Even in the event that you don't have a program to open the video and remove the audio from it, all you have to do in a lot of cases is convert using Apples Quicktime (Which I learned, thank you very much, damn Quicktime) and there you go, 2 birds, one stone.

[b]2) Audio Playback:[/b]
Much like the XBox's audio function. Allow players to upload .mp3 files onto the PS3, and select it from the list of music.

As far as the both of these options, I would love... it... I know they are putting a 60 gb HDD that is detachable, and more than likely USB compatible with the PC, so loading stuff up would be friggin' easy, and awesome.

[b]3) Excess Data saved to the HDD:[/b]
This would be extremely helpful to those of us out there who like to have a current WWE Roster. Once you hit so many CAWs on a memory card (granted they continue with them in the way they have been), it starts saving the CAWs to the HDD, or backs up the games on the HDD. I think this function would be one of the best options for the game, seeing as how I would love to have a current WWE Roster, along with former stars including Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, and many others.

[b]4) More realistic match archetypes:[/b]
This is merely Smackdown vs Raw 07 related. I know of a few that would like to see a bit more capabilities, game-wise, in some of the matches. It's already been stated that the PS3 will allow wireless connection for up to 7 controllers, I believe, via Blue-Tooth technology. The main thing I'm looking for here is more realistic Battle Royal/Royal Rumble matches. For a 20-man Battle Royal, have a good portion of the superstars in the ring, rather than just having them run in from time to time. The Rumble is already halfway decent, with the only thing I hate being that they still go for the 6 in-ring, and one has to be eliminated before another can come out.

For right now, this is all I can think of. If you have something to add, just mention it, I think it'd be great to find out what others think.

• 4 months later...

Archived